You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Carroll, what does he do?

Code

In future if one our players is out of form, ready for the knackers yard, struggling for fitness or just generally looking mediocre I will shout "Young man buck up your ideas or Abs will be in your thread later".

Years from now, scholars will scratch their heads searching for the beginnings of the terminology 'Abs will be in your thread later'.

Nasri 24 million is not value for money either as people will see

Yes I thought that would make you bite. You see Abs old boy, there's limited mileage in coming onto our forum trying to wind us up, especially when your team is shite right now and your best players have left you for better teams.

fair enough. but my point is his price tag will always follow him. and even if he comes good he will never be 35 million player, so he will get questioned.

But what gets me is his 18 games for Newcastle being used as what a player he is. 18 games is not enough to judge a player fully. I mean he has been poor for Liverpool in 12 league games. So 6 more we are talking about 18 games. So we will see people say he's only been playing for 18 games, but never mention he was bought on 18 games

When Suarez is valued at around £50mil Carroll's fee will effectively be written off anyway because of the cheap amount we got Luis for, so it just doesn't matter.

Suarez is not a £22m player, he's a world class player who is worth at least double that, so it balances out eventually, and that can be said of our transfer business as a whole this summer as well. We got Enrique for around the same price Arsenal got Santos for and Enrique is 3 times the player. Coates will prove to be excellent value and Bellamy will be worth to us much more than the fuck all we got him for.

I really don't see the point in obsessing over the fees as Abs does so often.

My problem with Carroll is not his fee, that doesn't even come into it, it just doesn't matter and speculating on what other players we could have signed for that money is pointless as we were desperately looking for anyone to come in as a Torres replacement and circumstances dictated Carroll was the only option, it's only under those circumstances that we would ever have signed Carroll for anywhere near £35m.

My problem with him is that he has been shite since the season started, plain and simple. We look better without him in the side, that is a fact.

Therefore, he has to remain on the bench until he proves (in training or sub appearances) that he deserves to be in the team. That will take hard work from him as he's clearly not fully fit and doesn't seem like the player he was in Newcastle.

Carroll looks like someone who has been brought in from a basketball youth camp as some kind of experiement to see if it would work out just to put someone like him up front in a football team.

He has been a disaster this season and sometimes I actually question if he is a footballer or not.

• Upvote 1

Carroll looks like someone who has been brought in from a basketball youth camp as some kind of experiement to see if it would work out just to put someone like him up front in a football team.

He has been a disaster this season and sometimes I actually question if he is a footballer or not.

That's bollocks. He was great at Newcastle and decent for us last season when he got decent service.

He's not in form but then again, the service he's had (which he needs) has been poor this season.

He's hasn't been a disaster at all. He still looks rusty, but far from a disaster. He needs to stay up front and just close down. He also needs to work on his control.

He needs to get his head up more and work on his awareness.

The lad will make it here, and people are using the price tag to beat him with. He shouldn't be getting the flack for that at all as he didn't choose it. It showed intention from the club, and the finger can be pointed away from Andy.

He's far from a disaster.

Guest ShoePiss
I met someone last night who doesnt like bacon. I mean, what sort of FUCKING CUNT does not like bacon?

Jews? Actually, I've had a bacon butty in Jerusalem. True story.

He's hasn't been a disaster at all. He still looks rusty, but far from a disaster. He needs to stay up front and just close down. He also needs to work on his control.

He needs to get his head up more and work on his awareness.

The lad will make it here, and people are using the price tag to beat him with. He shouldn't be getting the flack for that at all as he didn't choose it. It showed intention from the club, and the finger can be pointed away from Andy.

He's far from a disaster.

He has done fuck all, I`m not saying anything about what he will do in the future or not, but so far he looks so far out of his depth its untrue.

I`ve watched him closely several times this season and I`ve also watched a training session close up and Carroll has been abysmal every time.

He stands still inside the box and usually jumps from a standing position when the ball comes in the air, his movement and awareness is non existant inside the box and his movement reminds nothing of a PL first striker.

At present he hardly deserves a place on the bench let alone in the starting line up, the only thing that keeps him there is his price tag.

• Upvote 1

I had bad bacon envy yesterday at lunch. I ordered a risotto which was nice as it had 'shrooms and pan fried sausage in it, but my accomplice had a salad with the most crispy sexual bacon in it and avocado and I got the envy big time.

Guest ShoePiss
He has done fuck all, I`m not saying anything about what he will do in the future or not, but so far he looks so far out of his depth its untrue.

I`ve watched him closely several times this season and I`ve also watched a training session close up and Carroll has been abysmal every time.

He stands still inside the box and usually jumps from a standing position when the ball comes in the air, his movement and awareness is non existant inside the box and his movement reminds nothing of a PL first striker.

At present he hardly deserves a place on the bench let alone in the starting line up, the only thing that keeps him there is his price tag.

Can't argue with any of that, it's fucking scary. I'm still expecting him to prove very useful for us and have a decent season though.

That's the most worrying thing about him, isn't it?

He's so static in the box, he has no sense of positioning there.

He is getting service, but our crosses hardly find him because he doesn't make any effort to actually attack the ball.

The thing is, he wasn't like that at Newcastle. In the air at least, he was a fucking menace, he would be running quickly inside the box to attack a quality cross, just off the top of my head I remember this great chance he had against us last season from a Barton cross where he started the move and then made a run into the box and attacked it with a diving header. He had a goal like that against West Ham I think.

Fucked if I know why we don't see that from him anymore. He's doing everything but the right thing, he spends most of the game either everywhere but inside the box, or inside the box standing still like a statue. Is this a work-rate issue? Fitness?