You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think Broughton refused to consider him?

Because him and Purslow are business men.

They don't have a clue about the footballing side of things, that was the sacrifice we had to make for 6 months just to get rid of the cancers, get a board which knew fuck all about football.

Kenny would be brilliant as manager.

What does everyone think of this guy? I think he could be very good. With new owners and money to spend we could be a very attractive option. He has just taken Holland to the World Cup final and may think he fancies a change or that he has taken them as far as he can.

Parts 1 and 2 of the interview below I think are very impressive as is the way he treated De Jong after that tackle a few weeks back. At worst he could knock us back but I think it would be worth a try!

The 2010 interview with Bert van Marwijk, pt 2. - Netherlands

Good shout mate. Like it.

Have we one with the 'case for' left?

I'd like to apologise to all those who asked for this back in early September, I thought your love for Rafa, the inflluence of H+G and the teething issues of a new manager might be a consideration. These things have all evaporated and all we have left in front of us is the stark truth which is the clearest cut case there's been at this club. Regardless of any 'Liverpool Way' I argued that Souness should go because we were in danger of becoming a mid table club in the early 90's, glory days now. One less ticket for Naples Airport.

I just someone committed to playing adventurous football.

I'm impressed by Di Matteo so far, gone to Arsenal to win, taken a point at Old Trafford, doesnt seem to compromise his beliefs.

But the team whose football has impressed me the most the last 12 months is Blackpool.

Should Holloway be in consideration?

I'd certainly take Charlie Adam ahead of most of our midfielders!

Is right on both points, the lad Lavezzi will run rings round us!

we should have bought him when we were linked with him last year....excellent striker...

but to the point of hodgson...i think the next two games will decide his fate,if we dont get 6 points from them two....surely mr.henry will start to at least question his managerial options..i said to myself at the start of the season i would give hodgson 10 games to make up my mind,i shortened that to 8 today....

every single game this season ive ended up with my head in my hands (in the league i must add)...we were lucky to even beat west brom,the players look lost,unhappy and his tactic's havnt been up to scratch,although i do feel he gives them an awfull rollicking at half time because we have been playing better in the second half of games...ive always,always had faith and believed in our managers but this is a disaster,a fucking train wreck...

I think Dalglish is munching at the bit to have a go at it in all honesty and the fact that we know that and that he knows that we know (head spinning) I would defo give him a go.

The calls for him to be manager are only getting bigger and it wont be long before they get to the owner. Thats the only thing that confuses me about Broughton and Purslow, what was the actual reason why they said no straight away to him.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they were waiting for new owners?

Wasnt Broughton reported to have said that they had something bigger lined up for Kenny?

I think there is only one possible choice.

Appointing now reduces the choices available at this time and would be rushed.

Giving Kenny a shout as caretaker would prove or disprove the theory that he's too long out of the game, either way and if he doesn't do well no-one will hold it against him and we can appoint after due consideration of the field (given that some of the possible candidates will have had more of this season to show their talents). If he does well he can be considered himself. Either way no one loses and if he does say something embarrassing at the post match interviews no-one will understand him anyway.

Might even take all this season to have the right candidate become available.

It is not in any way possible for him to do worse and even if he does it will at least prove that the players are the problem (which, with a few exceptions is unlikely)

At least Poulsen was better today (joke)

Aah, these threads take me back.

Why, it seems like only last season that we had a shit run of form and a load of screaming bitches started howling after the manager's head. Fortunately, our wise board then sacked the manager and all our problems were solved.

Hey, let's do that again, it was fun!

Guest davelfc

I'm all for Kenny taking over as caretaker but what if it improves nothing?

Personally I think it will improve us, but my fear is if it didn't then what then?

I'm all for Kenny taking over as caretaker but what if it improves nothing?

Personally I think it will improve us, but my fear is if it didn't then what then?

Caretaker only, that way he can't lose, just gives us more time and he goes back to a seat in the stands again. If he's poor we've more time to choose, if he's good he's added to the list. If he's very good we don't need a list.

I think Dalglish is munching at the bit to have a go at it in all honesty and the fact that we know that and that he knows that we know (head spinning) I would defo give him a go.

The calls for him to be manager are only getting bigger and it wont be long before they get to the owner. Thats the only thing that confuses me about Broughton and Purslow, what was the actual reason why they said no straight away to him.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they were waiting for new owners?

Wasnt Broughton reported to have said that they had something bigger lined up for Kenny?

He did actually, who knows but the calls for Dalglish is getting loader and i cant see them beng silenced.