You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boro offal:

No Deal Agreed For Brad

BORO have this afternoon confirmed that they have not reached an agreement with any club for the sale of goalkeeper Brad Jones.

Despite reports elsewhere, there has been no deal agreed for the Australia international.

Asked if his number one goalkeeper will be available for selection for the trip to Leicester City at the weekend, manager Gordon Strachan said: "I've no idea, we'll pick a squad tomorrow of available people."

Jones is yet to appear for Boro this season. He was suspended for the opening day game against Ipswich, when Danny Coyne played, while teenager Jason Steele was given his first team debut in the Carling Cup in midweek.

"The big bonus is Jason Steele did terrifically well at Chesterfield," said Strachan.

"Danny Coyne was excellent in the dressing room with Jason, as was Brad. Between the two of them, they got a real performance out of Jason.

"He's a talented keeper. He's been brought up the right way, he's confident without being arrogant, and he has a chance of becoming a good goalkeeper."

Asked if there was anything in reports suggesting Boro are keen on bringing Sunderland defender Matthew Kilgannon in on loan, Strachan said there was "nothing happening".

He admitted he may be speaking to Steve Bruce later today, although whether Kilgannon would be on the agenda was not made clear.

Gulacsi has only played for us for two years. His first year was on loan, so he doesn't count as a homegrown player.

Don't get the hating on Cavalieri in this thread. I think he's been a very good back up goalkeeper for us.

I know mate. How some people can see he is absolute shite baffles me. He's played probably less than ten games for the club and I don't recall him making any monumental cock ups. He's not Pepe, but who is?

Very strange. Will probably struggle to get much more for Cav.

Isnt Gulacsi classed as homegrown now? He is a top young goalkeeper, and should be number 2.

2 million may or may not be a drop in the ocean. Either way it's a poor piece of business.

I agree Gulasci has always impressed me when I have seen him and I rate bouzanis aswell, Gulasci should be number 2 with bouzanis as third choice, brad jones is shit and we are just pissing away 2m signing him.

I don't like the negativity towards Brad. I have NEVER seen the aussie gimp play, or if I have I have never noted in my pissed brain "THAT IS BRAD JONES IN GOAL FOR BORO" - but what I would like to say, if our manager chooses him to be BACK UP to one of the best keepers in the world then so be it. Why all the hate for a fella who will play against Scunthorpe in the Swizzel Stick Cup?

Very average signing. This was my main concern with Hodgson. He loves his Average joes.

But the thing is though Poppers, he is signing to sit on a bench for 80% of the time. Do you want a Casillias/Cech type goalkeeper for £10 mill+ just to sit next to the kitman or do you want a young keeper who Roy thinks can do a job if (hopefully) isn't called on, or just in the Carling Cup??

I don't like the negativity towards Brad. I have NEVER seen the aussie gimp play, or if I have I have never noted in my pissed brain "THAT IS BRAD JONES IN GOAL FOR BORO" - but what I would like to say, if our manager chooses him to be BACK UP to one of the best keepers in the world then so be it. Why all the hate for a fella who will play against Scunthorpe in the Swizzel Stick Cup?

It's telling how most of the people who are backing this signing have hardly seen the guy play.

But the thing is though Poppers, he is signing to sit on a bench for 80% of the time. Do you want a Casillias/Cech type goalkeeper for £10 mill+ just to sit next to the kitman or do you want a young keeper who Roy thinks can do a job if (hopefully) isn't called on, or just in the Carling Cup??

A young keeper? Jones is 28.

Gulacsi has only played for us for two years. His first year was on loan, so he doesn't count as a homegrown player.

Don't get the hating on Cavalieri in this thread. I think he's been a very good back up goalkeeper for us.

Gulacsi is under 21 so it doesn't matter and by the time he is 21 he will have been here 3 years

agree with you on Cavalieri