You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Your PM, apart from pathetic, disgusting, ugly and talentless,, is also a total idiot.

I've heard his wife has systematically be cheating on him with some fellas here in Somalia.

Somalia?  

Thank fuck you're living in a bastion of peace and harmony.  

where's the ship money, Nightcat?

The cost of the Royals doesn't bother me as much as the idea of them. I find it just mindblowing that in a country where we obsesss, often in embarrassingly over the top ways, about equality, you can still have a family of people who are basically born being worth more than you, and that if there was only one spare kidney in the country and your kid was top of the list, it'd be expected to move aside for William's kid. Mindblowing.

• Upvote 2

I know the royal family argument has been done to death on here but it really is obscene.

Especially when the cunts are trying to influence government policy.

Prince Charles 'tried to influence government decisions'

The Prince of Wales tried to persuade Tony Blair's government to expand grammar schools, former education secretary David Blunkett has said.

In a BBC Radio 4 documentary examining the constitutional role of the prince, Mr Blunkett said Prince Charles "didn't like" it when his request was refused.

He discussed complementary medicine and climate with other Labour ministers.

Meanwhile, former prime minister Sir John Major revealed he changed policies after discussing them with the Queen.

Mr Blunkett is one of three former cabinet ministers interviewed for the documentary, The Royal Activist.

Recalling his conversations, Mr Blunkett, who was education secretary for four years between 1997 and 2001, said: "I would explain that our policy was not to expand grammar schools, and he didn't like that.

"He was very keen that we should go back to a different era where youngsters had what he would have seen as the opportunity to escape from their background, whereas I wanted to change their background."

"I can see constitutionally that there's an argument that the heir to the throne should not get involved in controversy; the honest truth is I didn't mind," added Mr Blunkett.

"If you are waiting to be the king of the United Kingdom, and you've waited a very long time, you genuinely have to engage with something or you'd go spare."

But Graham Smith, chief executive of the group Republic which campaigns for the abolition of the monarchy, said it was wrong for any member of the Royal Family to try to shape the decisions of the elected.

"The deal with the monarchy is that the royals stay out of politics completely and these revelations just kind of prove what we've been saying all along which is that they are involving themselves, influencing public policy and that is completely unacceptable in a democratic society," Mr Smith said.

Former environment minister Michael Meacher recalled that he and the Prince "would consort together quietly" to affect policy on climate change and genetically modified crops.

He said they worked together "to try and ensure that we increased our influence within government". "I knew that he largely agreed with me and he knew that I largely agreed with him," said Mr Meacher. "We were together in trying to persuade Tony Blair to change course."

Asked if there might be a constitutional problem in the Prince taking a political opinion, Mr Meacher replied: "Well, over GM I suppose you could well say that. Maybe he was pushing it a bit. I was delighted, of course."

Prince Charles has been a well-known supporter of complementary medicine. According to another former Labour cabinet minister, Peter Hain, it was a topic they shared an interest in.

"He had been constantly frustrated at his inability to persuade any health ministers anywhere that that was a good idea, and so he, as he once described it to me, found me unique from this point of view, in being somebody that actually agreed with him on this, and might want to deliver it."

Mr Hain added: "When I was Secretary of State for Northern Ireland in 2005-7, he was delighted when I told him that since I was running the place I could more or less do what I wanted to do.

"I was able to introduce a trial for complementary medicine on the NHS, and it had spectacularly good results, that people's well-being and health was vastly improved. "And when he learnt about this he was really enthusiastic and tried to persuade the Welsh government to do the same thing and the government in Whitehall to do the same thing for England, but not successfully," added Mr Hain.

The Prince's policy interventions are also supported by Sir John Major.

The former prime minister said: "I think it is encouraging that the Prince of Wales is entirely free from his unique perspective to write to ministers or the prime minister in a way that is invariably intended to be helpful, and I think to cut that off, or to make sure those letters are much more bland than they otherwise might be, would be a loss."

Sir John also revealed that he occasionally changed policy as a result of discussions with the Queen - although he would not be drawn on the specific times this took place.

Asked if he remembered being influenced by the Queen, Sir John said : "I think every prime minister can think that, and can think of occasions where that happened..."But the answer is yes of course. It would be very foolish indeed not to be influenced."

"I can recall occasions where the Queen in discussion put a gloss upon something that made one think and reflect upon whether it was being done in the right fashion at the right time, or perhaps reflect upon what the impact of it would be," Sir John said.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The media spun it as the royals only cost each person in the country 50 pence each for a year. Nicely spun fucktards.

Ah, the 'Rico defence'.

• Upvote 2

Ah, the 'Rico defence'.

Was talking to some blokes at work on Friday and there's a view that the lack of returns in Energy could mean some companies leaving all together. Small companies like Ovo don't have the same obligations if they keep customer numbers low so can be competive on price whilst still making 10-11% profit.

Was talking to some blokes at work on Friday and there's a view that the lack of returns in Energy could mean some companies leaving all together. Small companies like Ovo don't have the same obligations if they keep customer numbers low so can be competive on price whilst still making 10-11% profit.

When you get renationalised you'll still have a job mate.

See there's protests outside boots about tax avoidance. Upto 40 percent of boots contracts come from the NHS but they have swerved 1.2 billion quid in taxes. The media focus more on white dee or politicians eating bacon sandwiches. Tax money should not subsidize big business and every single loop hole or tactic written into tax law so those who make the rules can legally avoid them should be closed. Every single pound I earn is taxed almost everything I buy is taxed I even pay tax on my savings which I've already paid tax on before I saved them ( thanks labour for that one ) its not right that those who make the rules and those who pass the laws rig the game. The whole tax law seems massively over complicated they should start again with the very basic principle that all money made in this country gets taxed fully in this country, no havens no swerving. You take out you put back in its part of the social contract.

It said on daily politics today that 1 percent of England's land is made up of golf courses which is roughly the same amount as whats used for housing. Both figures blew my mind. I thought housing took up way way way more than 1 percent and golf courses would barely register. She said in south croydon more land is given up for golf courses than is for housing so they're building houses on school playing fields. Seems a bit mad talking of building houses in the green belts or selling parts of nature parks to build houses. The Tory on the show said we have an epidemic of fat people and golf is good exercise.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/devastated-families-face-eviction-after-3786578

Devastated families are facing being evicted after the inherited estate of Britain’s richest MP bought a stake in their homes.

Tory Richard Benyon’s £110million family firm is part of a consortium that snapped up the housing estate and announced plans for a massive rent hike.

Up to 90 households in East London fear the Benyons’ plan to charge “market rents” will treble their bills.

The New Era Estate, in Hoxton, has a long history of providing affordable housing and has been home to some people for 70 years.

Distraught Debra Cox, 49, who has lived there for 18 years, said: “This is social cleansing – this has always been a form of social housing and they just want rid of us.

"I have been to the council and was told we don’t have a chance of being rehoused.”

They have to get in now before them  commies impose a rent cap and ruin the renting market for hard working landlords.

I often lament how difficult it must be to be part of the rentier class, that fat cheque rolling in at the end of the month from the unworthy tenants who are squalidly living in the flats that mummy and daddy left for you. What an impossible existence.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/devastated-families-face-eviction-after-3786578

Devastated families are facing being evicted after the inherited estate of Britain’s richest MP bought a stake in their homes.

Tory Richard Benyon’s £110million family firm is part of a consortium that snapped up the housing estate and announced plans for a massive rent hike.

Up to 90 households in East London fear the Benyons’ plan to charge “market rents” will treble their bills.

The New Era Estate, in Hoxton, has a long history of providing affordable housing and has been home to some people for 70 years.

Distraught Debra Cox, 49, who has lived there for 18 years, said: “This is social cleansing – this has always been a form of social housing and they just want rid of us.

"I have been to the council and was told we don’t have a chance of being rehoused.”

Why am I not surprised.

I often lament how difficult it must be to be part of the rentier class, that fat cheque rolling in at the end of the month from the unworthy tenants who are squalidly living in the flats that mummy and daddy left for you. What an impossible existence.

Old cunts who bought houses years ago when houses were cheaper are renting them out now.

We only made three lads in their twenties homeless. A whole family Col, that's harsh man. Extra points if at least one of them is under 3 years old though.

Couple a few years younger than me, 5 year old, 2 year old and about 3 months the little one is.

I feel a right bastard.