You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Stu isn't that money borrowed not created?

Rico, when we get a mortgage the money isn't borrowed, it's just created. It doesn't exist and by signing the paper it creates new money on the bank's books. 

It's zeros on a computer at this stage mate, it's not an actual physical thing anymore - they can make it up as they go along. 

"Cost" is more than an initial outlay. You've apparently got qualifications in economics, you ought to know that.

If you want to alter words so they no longer mean what they originally meant, that's up to you. Whether you like it or not, state assets were legitimately sold and the purchasers legitimately now own them. To take those things back without compensating the legal owners would indeed be theft.

It's nothing to do with thinking outside the box or whatever you want to call it. You're talking about a course of action that would not be in the interests of Britain or the British people.

Democracy is about more than doing what most people want to do. Democracy entails preserving the democratic rights of others, even if a majority of people want to curtail those rights. Democracy is not three wolves and a sheep sitting down and deciding what to have for dinner.

And I'm quite sure that any polls purporting to show a majority in favour of renationalisation of various things did not mean they wanted those assets stripped from their owners by force.

Who'd have thought the state would have nationalised the debts of some of our major banks?    That shambles required a little 'out of the box' thinking right there.   It would absolutely be in the interests of the British people.  When was the last time you or your party could credibly pretend to give a fuck about the welfare of the British people?

"Cost" is more than an initial outlay. You've apparently got qualifications in economics, you ought to know that.

If you want to alter words so they no longer mean what they originally meant, that's up to you. 

like 'terrorism' and 'democracy' and 'self-defence' then.  

A 12 minute film that the then first minister of Wales described as the best document of the Churchill/Tonypandy riots

All made by a group of kids who understand that the story of Churchill and their forefathers deserves to be told, and they tell it with a beautiful flowing oratory, dignity and regard for truth, told with a calm narrative free of bluster and nonsense, told in a way which defy the storytellers years.

A bunch of kids saying fuck you Bbc, fuck you Itv, fuck you the media, fuck you British Empire fuck you Margret Thatcher, fuck you the police, fuck you authority, fuck you mr politician, fuck you Westminster, Fuck you Winston Churchill you cunt. Fuck you.

But this is where the situation gets me mad. The authorities don't want the kids who made that film in our universities, they want to keep talented kids as far away from learning institutions as they can. The way they operate.

That's why our media and art world are full of robotic middle/upper class autoclones. I guarantee you won't hear the beautifully intelligent tones of the kid who narrated that short film on your BBC, not a hope in hell. Cunts.

We don't need to take all industries back anyway, the likes of British Airways and British Telecom can be left alone as they at least operate in moderately competitive markets, it's the utility companies, the water companies, buses and rail that I'd like to see back in taxpayers hands so they can be run in the interests of the people instead of shareholders.

As far as the institutions that own the shares? Tell them to sue the Conservative party that sold the assets of the British taxpayers on the cheap, they're very well funded.

• Upvote 1

The general point by those who oppose certain things being run by the state is around the quality of service and availability.

The fact is, the train service is a complete and utter rip off to the consumer. You can often afford to fly somwewhere in Europe for a cheaper price than travelling around 100 miles on the train.

It's nonsense.

In addition to that, there should be absolutely no profit made out of utilities. These are things that people need to survive, everyone is entitled to them the moment they're born (especially if they are white). "Profit" is most definitely a dirty word in that kind of "industry".

Rico, when we get a mortgage the money isn't borrowed, it's just created. It doesn't exist and by signing the paper it creates new money on the bank's books.

It's zeros on a computer at this stage mate, it's not an actual physical thing anymore - they can make it up as they go along.

Good ol fractional reserve banking. Gotta love it. Best thing since fiat currency and freedom from specie.

I bloody wish I could just laugh at the lie that is 'money' enslaving and subjugating us. But I cant.

As far as the institutions that own the shares? Tell them to sue the Conservative party that sold the assets of the British taxpayers on the cheap, they're very well funded.

The snag being that they're very well funded by the people at the top of these companies/institutions.

The general point by those who oppose certain things being run by the state is around the quality of service and availability.

The fact is, the train service is a complete and utter rip off to the consumer. You can often afford to fly somwewhere in Europe for a cheaper price than travelling around 100 miles on the train.

It's nonsense.

In addition to that, there should be absolutely no profit made out of utilities. These are things that people need to survive, everyone is entitled to them the moment they're born (especially if they are white). "Profit" is most definitely a dirty word in that kind of "industry".

I find that arguement strange, why not profit free food then?

• Upvote 2

I find that arguement strange, why not profit free food then?

All food is created in some way, animals are bred, crops are sown, chemicals are mixed etc etc, water has been there long before we were, as was gas and oil.

That being said, I wouldn't be averse to some kind of redistribution of land. The bulk is still owned by the MOD and the aristocracy, based on nothing other than the fact Henry vIII said so.

Apparently the reason southern Italy is so poor is because Roman senators used to just walk onto people's land and tell them to fuck off.

Some things never change.

All food is created in some way, animals are bred, crops are sown, chemicals are mixed etc etc, water has been there long before we were, as was gas and oil.

That being said, I wouldn't be averse to some kind of redistribution of land. The bulk is still owned by the MOD and the aristocracy, based on nothing other than the fact Henry vIII said so.

Apparently the reason southern Italy is so poor is because Roman senators used to just walk onto people's land and tell them to fuck off.

I bet you could grow your own food, good luck generating electricity and refining gas yourself.

Even if you took profit out of the industry bills would only come down about £60. But we've been over this a million times.

• Downvote 1

Very similar to the way a lot of us in the Merseyside area have Irish and Scottish ancestry. 'Give us your land and fuck off elsewhere.'

Guest Numero Veinticinco

They do that already.

Only if you look at it in deliberately simplistic ways. If you actually look at it, outside of daft Tory soundbites, that's not true.

• Upvote 1

I bet you could grow your own food, good luck generating electricity and refining gas yourself.

Even if you took profit out of the industry bills would only come down about £60. But we've been over this a million times.

Food production has never been state built, run and owned, the utilities have, so it's a completely different argument. I don't need to refine gas and oil myself, the apparatus was put in place by my ancestors' hard earned blood, sweat and tears, now someone else is making a mint out of it and they're putting prices up and price fixing when it suits. 

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

And it was wrong a million times.