You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blame where blame is due!

Springer

Your argument would probably be much more cohesive if you were drawing pictures.

So after having 3 years of re-building the club which has resulted in them sitting comfortably in 6th place this season, behind the clubs that Juventus are leading the way for, why will it be difficult for Rafa to fail next season?

Is there a specific re-building time that only lasts for 3 years and then in the 4th year they become the best team in Serie A by default? You don't think the team needs anymore re-building after, like us, being knocked out of the Champions League, being knocked out of the Europa League and having a terrible title challenge?

Who mentioned next season?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they've had 3 years of re-building the club and team from a relegated side, that's why they haven't won it in the last 3 years.. If you can't understand that I can't help you. I can't draw pictures on here.

Even though I know I shouldn't, I can't help but love Hermes.

No, there is a specific rebuilding that comes to a conclusion with appointment of a new manager and massive investment by the Agnellis. Both have been reported in the press, and if both happen, Juventus will be close to winning the title.

Agnellis cut back the money earlier, just as Berlusconi is doing now. Moratti was the only one still putting serious money in his club, just see how much Mourinho is on and how much the Juve managers or Leonardo have been on.

Again, Benitez will take over the biggest club in Italy, if he goes to Juve. And he will get serious investment to back him up, if the reports in the press are correct. The expectations will be to win the league, no doubt about that.

If the investment being reported does take place it will undoubtedly make Rafa's job a lot easier, I would still say to take Juve, who are without a doubt the biggest club in Italy, from where they are at present to title winners in one season would still be an impressive feat, even with the level of investment being suggested.

When Abramovich invested all his millions into Chelsea, it still took the appointment of a great manager in Mourinho to shift the team from 2nd place under Ranieri, a good manager in his own respect, who's currently doing well with Roma. I'm referencing this as I think it will still take excellent management from whoever is at the helm next season, be it Rafa or someone else, to win the title with the club.

(Good post, by the way).

The biggest, richest, best supported and most successful club in Italy. It would be difficult to fail.

Ancelloti did just that, AND he had the best player in the world at his disposal.

Got an answer for that one?

If Rafa had gotten the players he were after; Alves, Vidic, Simao etc. We would have been the force Rafa him self, the players and the supporters craves.

Instead the fans are turning against Rafa. Making him the scapegoat. What a shame! Ha stayed because of the fans and now they`re after him! No wonder he`s looking at options. He is one of the best managers in the world. Thats why both Juventus and Real Madrid wants him.

Vidic and Simao were targets before the yanks, Simao it was nothing to do with money, Benfica did'nt wana sell him.

Do you think he'd get away playing the type of shit he does with us at Madrid, he would'nt last till christmas.

Vidic and Simao were targets before the yanks, Simao it was nothing to do with money, Benfica did'nt wana sell him.

Do you think he'd get away playing the type of shit he does with us at Madrid, he would'nt last till christmas.

So they'll go for Mourinho....who plays the same tactics as Rafa to the letter.....but he's got it working....which makes at all ok.

Feck me. "We are the best educated football fans in the world". Reading some of the shite on this thread....it would be funny if it was Toffeeweb.

Most deserve the Manager the Yanks will give us next season.

Guest PurpleNose
For LFC, they are. For Juve, if the investment part reported is correct, they are not. Whoever the manager (it will be a top name, most likely).

Juventus currently have a much weaker squad than Inter.

They could spend £80m-£100m in a season and still potentially not be as strong, coupled with new players gelling etc

A two or three year plan to win the title would be far more realistic.

Guest PurpleNose
On paper, yes. Unfortunately too many of our players have had difficulty in performing on grass this season.

Some of them are also made of paper.

We are in a worse position on and off the pitch now then when Houllier left.

We are facing years of europa league irrelevance. Rafa should have been sacked in 2006, Moores is a retarded simpleton and the yanks are gold digging pricks.

I've only read the first page of this thread and I see that Fulham qualifying for the final of the europa league is being used as a stick to beat rafa with. Fuck off with that shit. You do not deserve to consider yourself a fan. Fucking horrendous the way this place has turned. Horrendous.

Guest PurpleNose
I think Brownie was suggesting that Fulham outperforming us in the Europa cup was one of many embarrassments in what has been a shit overall performance by the manager and team.

I think Rondeco was suggesting that using the fact that Fulham got to the final, whilst we got to the semi final, to beat the manager with, is embarrassing.

Which it is.

Fulham also outperformed Valencia in Europe this year. Not that its particularly relevant, or indictating of anything.

Well, the yanks couldn`t help him either, could they? But I suspect they told everybody before the takeover that they could. Benfica didn`t want to sell cause LFC wouldn`t meet their asking price. He`s at Atletico now.

In Madrid he doesn`t have to play the way he does with LFC. He will have the attacking players he need to play another style. Good managers play the way that fits the group of players at his disposal.

He could actually last years playing exactly the same type of football because he'll not only have the players, he'll also have the squad with the cash they have. I don't think Rafa's tactics are that wrong a lot of the time, he just doesn't have the players for them to work.

All those times when he's done shitty subs, etc, if he'd had the quality on the bench a lot of that might've worked out fine. I just think he'll turn Real into a beast of a side if he has the chance and isn't fucked around when it comes to getting the cash and players he actually wants.

It could also be why he might stall until the last minute with Juve, to see if Real actually move for him.

New day, same boring shite.

No manager ever gets all he wants. Some just get on with it, others moan about it constantly.

If I won the lottery, I'd by a nicer house, I haven't, so I wont.

You have to work with what you have, not with what you would like to have. How about doing a bit of coahcing on defending crosses, how about improving the players we have?

Money, money, money...excuses, excuses, excuses...that is all we are now.

Boring as fuck.

No Supporter ever gets all he wants. Some just get on with it, others moan about it constantly!

Only 2 teams have conceded less than Liverpool in the Premier league this season, Chelsea and Man Utd, one of whom will win the league. It would therefore be fair to assume Liverpool do defend well and Rafa has indeed coached a good defence even with unprecedented injury list.

Only Chelsea and Spurs have kept more clean sheets in a row and one will win the league, the other a great chance of CL football. This would once again suggest a very stable defence that has been coached well.

Goal scoring has been the problem and when your club is deprived of the services of the best striker in the world for 75% of the season and you have very limited funds to recruit, no manager in the world could legislate for such a loss.

No Rafa is not without criticism, yes he makes some strange team selections and yes he makes some inexplicable substitutions but to lump the blame for the demise of Liverpool Football Club firmly at his door really beggars belief.

Liverpool are 7th, a very poor season indeed and some would say not exceptable for Liverpool football club. But..........................If you will just take your foot of Rafa's head for a minute, take a step back and think about matters logically, the truth is out there.

Like it or not, 7th is just about right for Liverpool at the moment, with or without Rafa. This is modern football, we are not in the 70's and 80's anymore. Money really does dictate success, check out the Premier league winners since Rafa took charge. Man Utd or Chelsea and the common denominator is money, something we have very little of!

Rafa is a great manager and master tactician, one thing he is not is a yes man. Give him the tools to do the job and the job will get done, of that I am quietly confident. He has never been on a level playing field with his rivals since his arrival and nor is he likely to be in the near future. So I have no doubt it will be more of the same,again, with or without Rafa.

Those who want him out should be careful what they wish for because, Mourinho, Hiddink, Capello and co wouldn't touch our club with a shitty stick and if they did, they would only serve up a better class of negativity if money was made available for them.

I haven't got all the answers but unless we get new mega rich owners , mediocrity-ville beckons, with or without the waiter, we just have to live with it. We are were we are folks!

I've only read the first page of this thread and I see that Fulham qualifying for the final of the europa league is being used as a stick to beat rafa with. Fuck off with that shit. You do not deserve to consider yourself a fan. Fucking horrendous the way this place has turned. Horrendous.

Obviously that's aimed at me seeing as I said that being out-performed by Fulham in Europe is a disappointment. You know what, fuck you, you cheeky twat. For you to sit there and judge me as a fan for believing what I do, is a fucking joke, you utter, utter gobshite.

If me believing that Liverpool FC should be doing better than Fulham in Europe is wrong and unbecoming of a fan, then so be it. We both know it's not though, you're just being an hysterical prick.

Another stick to beat Rafa with??!??!?! Look at this season! As if I need an excuse! Fair enough if we were 2nd in the league and I was having a go at the grass not being green enough but for fucks sake.

You're just one of those fucking sheep who this time next year would try to tell us that finishing below Birmingham was being used as a stick to beat the manager with when in reality it would be a perfectly legitimate reason to question the performance of the team.

Do one with your attitude.

I can't believe he still garners so much support. At no other club would it happen, and most definitely not at any really big club. It's all very weird.

I't absolutely unbelievable, really. We could finish 10th next season and the same people would be telling us that finishing below Blackburn isn't the manager's fault. Fucking sheep, the lot of them.