You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we got a new manager...

PaulMcC

I would be very disappointed if that occured.

Wouldn't agree with the decision, but I'd accept that he was doing to it for the best interests of the club - even if I disagreed with the decision.

I think it is highly unlikely and rightly so.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This summer will be the last chance to sell gerrard for decent money. He doesn't look very happy. We're not going to be challenging at the top for a few years by which time he'll be retired anyway. If a new manager wanted to sell him to use the cash to start the re-building I'd not complain.

EDIT - the above assumes that we've got fuck all cash again.

So a new manager comes and presumably this would mean that Gerrard is happy again, but then the new manager has to sell him anyway because he's had one bad season?

I do see the point in selling him while his value is high to rebuild the squad, but that can only happen if Stevie wants to leave.

If or rather when we lose Gerrard and Carra we will lose a lot of our identity, they're such a big part of who we are as a club. IMO we should make sure that both of them finish their careers with us, hopefully with a bit more medals than they have now.

What if the new manager has a poor first season, Gerrard starts sulking again and not putting in the effort like now, would those who say no be behind the manager selling him?

What if, what if, what if?

The evidence suggests that Gerrard is a world class player who is out of form this season, for whatever reason. He's been our best player for nearly a decade; to suggest that this form will continue for much longer, doesn't really tally up with previous evidence.

Let's flip things on their side a bit, what would people think if a new manager sold Torres for the same price?

The only way Gerrard should ever leave the club if it's a mutual decision between him and the club.

If the new manager or Rafa wants to bench Gerrard, then I fully support him. That's a different matter. Besides, that most likely would also make Gerrard want to leave, so it wouldn't even be a decision the manager would have to make anymore.

What if the new manager has a poor first season, Gerrard starts sulking again and not putting in the effort like now, would those who say no be behind the manager selling him?

aren't you bored of this now?

Not many blame gerrard for his attitude. He has carried this team for years and carried Rafa's poor squad and team for years. You're bitching about him because of one season, but think rafa deserves another season when he's done fuck all in the Prem, besides one season (even then it was gone before we started that run)

don't get your logic. Slate a legend like gerrard over one season, but kiss rafa's arse for constantly being shit

aren't you bored of this now?

Not many blame gerrard for his attitude. He has carried this team for years and carried Rafa's poor squad and team for years. You're bitching about him because of one season, but think rafa deserves another season when he's done fuck all in the Prem, besides one season (even then it was gone before we started that run)

don't get your logic. Slate a legend like gerrard over one season, but kiss rafa's arse for constantly being shit

Where am i kissing Rafa's arse?

Loads of people think Gerrard's attitude has been awful.

What if, what if, what if?

The evidence suggests that Gerrard is a world class player who is out of form this season, for whatever reason. He's been our best player for nearly a decade; to suggest that this form will continue for much longer, doesn't really tally up with previous evidence.

Let's flip things on their side a bit, what would people think if a new manager sold Torres for the same price?

Torres is a different kettle of fish for me, because of his age. I'd want a massive chunk of change for Torres. More than Ronaldo.

Gerrard? I'd expect £35m-£40mish(whatever it takes to get someone of World Class talent)... but not £20m. No way.

If we got a new manager would Gerrard do an Owen and decide he didn't want to be part of a whole new start again and so go to an established side for immediate success?

By the way, I don't think he's going anywhere, just joining the hypothetical chat.

Torres is putting effort in, though. He looks pissed off but is working hard to try to change things.

You could argue that he puts just as much effort in diving and whining at referees as he does trying to make things happen on the pitch.

Personally I just think he's out of form due to many mitigating circumstances, much like Gerrard and i'm prepared to cut them both slack because I see them as lights at the end of a very dark tunnel.

They aren't the problem, and the mere thought of selling either of them is laughable, but that's just my view on it, everyone is entitled to see it as they see fit.

To me Stevie is a one off a freak of nature in football.There has been many world class players here and also in the premier league and also Europe,who are rightly labelled world class.

I say a freak of nature because no matter if he plays at right back or right wing,as a attacking or defensive midfielder or all round midfielder,even playing just behind a main striker,he plays any of them to a level of world class imo.

No I dont think he is the best player ever,but I cant think of any who can or have played that many positions to the level he doe's.

The worrying thing is he hasn't reached that standard at all this season.

Guest Pistonbroke

You keep your best players and build around them. If Gerrard reaches the point where his engine is somewhat slow he'd still make a great defensive midfielder in front of the back 4. I'd say serious injuries apart at 29 he has at least another 5-6 years left in the tank. Better putting them to use for us rather than forking out the money you would need to spend on a replacement. If he wanted to leave then that is a different matter.