You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackburn (H)

sir roger

Just watched the highlights.

What a ball by Lucas for Torres' goal. Pity Torres isn't fully fit.

How the fuck did N'Zonzi not get sent off? Didn't notice it being that obvious at the game.

Kalanic is a dirty cunt too.

Hit it first time too. Reminded me of his through ball to Gerrard away to Newcastle.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a mate who supports Stoke.

He has been complaining about the way they play.

I told him they are doing brilliant and he should be happy but he said he just wants to see some decent football from his team sometimes.

EDIT: My typing seems to get worse by the week.

I didn't think we deserved 3 points yesterday myself... But i'm pleased that we got them.

Torres coming back was a big plus, but he was anonymous in the 2nd half. No fluency in the final third at all again yesterday apart from very brief periods...

The games that we have played well in this season and our best wins have all come wehn we've had to scrap and knuckle down. Teams like Blackburn coming to Anfield and limiting us to a couple of half chances without their best defender/captain is not encouraging...

Maybe the fluency will return now that we have a proper striker back...

Fingers crossed. Despite the situation, I'm not gonna complain about a win.

We had a brilliant chance in the Stoke game. Unfortunately it fell to Dirk's 50p head and he wasted it. Like that header yesterday. If only it fell to his shin. It would have found it's way into the net then.

Good ol' Dirk. Such a hard worker.

Dirk's a magic defender.....

We would not be having this debate now if the team played positive attacking football. It is plainly obvious that the way the team play is because Rafa tells them to play that way. It's nothing got to do with the players not having a go or not being good enough to be creative. They are. They are just doing and playing as they are told and that's a fact. Like it or not it's how it is.

Yesterday was all about the 3 points to Rafa and in the end, that's all he's ever happy about. He couldn't give a fuck if we defended for 89 mins and nicked it in the 90th min.

My tuppence on t'game;

We were poor....again, but the result is the most important thing.

That N'Zonzi is a fucking thug.

Chimbonda is a fucking thug, and a cunt.

I hope Alan Wiley dies.

I hope Sam Allardyce dies.

I thought Dirk was absolutely atrocious.

Good to see Torres and Gerrard back looking sharper.

Pepe looked a bit dodgy coming for crosses but made a stunning save to deny Samba at the end. Leg!

We need to improve in all aspects if we are to get fourth place.

EDIT: Oh, and Rafa's comments about Allardyce after the game were sheer genius.

We aimlessly volley the ball forward, they aimlessly volley the ball forward and throw it near the opponents goal. We hardly have a shot, they often trouble the opposing goalie. Excitement wise they're getting a far better deal. If you're gonna pay to watch pub footy it's best that there's a threat of a goal every 20 mins or so.

Fair enough, if you find that style of play exciting.

Yeah, we have had our dire moments this season, but up til the 70th minute yesterday, it wasn't one of them.

Me, I think the importance of the result made us sit back, plus their insistant hoofing the ball forward made us drop deep. I was screaming at them to push up, but having played football at a certain level, I can understand the mentality of sitting deep and holding to what we've got. Been there and got the tee-shirt.

Fair enough, if you find that style of play exciting.

Yeah, we have had our dire moments this season, but up til the 70th minute yesterday, it wasn't one of them.

Me, I think the importance of the result made us sit back, plus their insistant hoofing the ball forward made us drop deep. I was screaming at them to push up, but having played football at a certain level, I can understand the mentality of sitting deep and holding to what we've got. Been there and got the tee-shirt.

You weren't playing for Liverpool against an atrocious Blankburn team though. I dont see how we can have a go at Blackburn for hoofing when our response was to do the exact same thing.

And i dont find that style exciting, i just find any style that generates an average of more than one attempt on goal per half more exciting than ours.

You weren't playing for Liverpool against an atrocious Blankburn team though. I dont see how we can have a go at Blackburn for hoofing when our response was to do the exact same thing.

And i dont find that style exciting, i just find any style that generates an average of more than one attempt on goal per half more exciting than ours.

Didn't say I was, I was saying I've played in games that what mattered was the result, over the performance, and that to achieve that, we've sat back on a lead. Lots of teams do it, and seeing as all the other results go against us on saturday, although I don't like it, it's what we did, and I, for one can see how it happens.

The players don't go out there to sit back and protect the lead, but they end up doing it, sub consciously.

Big Sam eh?. Apparently him and Rafa made up yesterday after the game. My Dad is plod and was working the game yesterday. He wasn't happy that he finished late because he had to 'mind' the Blackburn coach whilst the two managers had a meal together. Eventually the coach left without him so I don't know if he slept over at Rafa's house.

yeah, we should have had a pen.

And hitting the crossbar isn't a shot on target - it's missing a fucking sitter.

Woo!!

of course we deserve to score most of our goals. You're just being fucking pedantic. What I'm saying is that in most of our games this season you can't say that we really deserved to win a game, whether we won it or not.

And likewise, you certainly can't point to any games we've lost this season and say that we deserved to win.*

Basically we've been mostly shit when we've won and we've been shit when we've lost.

If that isn't a sure fire sign of a fucking shit team, then i don't know what is.

*cue some smart arse pulling one example out of his apologist bum hole.

Just let me know whether you're talking about "Chances" or "Shots on Target"

Whoo.

Fucking hell. Chimbionda blatantly kicked Rodriguez in the stomach too.

I must have been really pissed yesterday to miss all this.

What a save by Reina.

Viera got a 3 game ban after the video was reviewed by the panel for doing exactly what Chimbionda did... It'll be interesting to see if the same rules apply here.

I thought we actually played well enough to deserve something out of the Chelsea match earlier this season.

Also, Arsenal at home, 1-0 up and battering them in the first half, an own goal by Johnson changes the whole game in their favour. I thought we deserved to win that game.

Just let me know whether you're talking about "Chances" or "Shots on Target"

Whoo.

If ever a post summed up exactly just how shit we are, this is surely it.

One chance v One shot on target.

It's just Shit v Shite.

Same fucking thing.

It's just Shit v Shite.

Same fucking thing.

Kind of like most of your posts on the FF recently to be honest Tom. You're just banging the same drum over and over again. We know your feelings on Rafa and the team's style of play. you don't need to keep repeating it.

Kind of like most of your posts on the FF recently to be honest Tom. You're just banging the same drum over and over again. We know your feelings on Rafa and the team's style of play. you don't need to keep repeating it.

It's benitez who's "banging the same drum" mate, not me.

What do you want me to do, just lie and say we're good when we're not? Say that he isn't a fucking shithouse when he is?

no chance.

We are and he is. And as long as he is I'll keep calling him on it.

This is our fucking club, not his and we have every right to criticise when it's due, and it's WELL fucking due.

Edited by Tom R

It's just Shit v Shite.

Same fucking thing.

My last post on this..

You said we didn't create any chances, when I showed we had, you said.. That's not a shot on target, it's missing a sitter.. Had Lucas not been fouled it would have been a "chance" and probably a "shot on target", had we been awarded a penalty, it would have been a "shot on target" - in the end we got neither.

Yes I agree we are playing shit football at the moment and I can't wait for the season to end, hopefully with 4th and the Europa League trophy, that won't make up for the shit we've been served up this season and hopefully we'll rebuild in the summer and give it a real good shot.

I am in the "Rafa Stays" brigade (if that wasn't already clear), but if by Christmas nothing has changed then I'll jump ship and join you. Until then, I'll be backing the manager.

I've got problems. Seriously.

How dare I feel happy that we won? I'm ashamed...

*Sits in corner sobbing*

Woosh!

I'm also happy we won you ass clown.

being happy with our cowardly approach when we play fucking shite is a totally different thing.

So yeah, of you're happy with the latter than you do have fucking problems, because we've been an embarrassment this season, even in many of the games we've actually won.

My last post on this..

You said we didn't create any chances, when I showed we had, you said.. That's not a shot on target, it's missing a sitter.. Had Lucas not been fouled it would have been a "chance" and probably a "shot on target", had we been awarded a penalty, it would have been a "shot on target" - in the end we got neither.

Yes I agree we are playing shit football at the moment and I can't wait for the season to end, hopefully with 4th and the Europa League trophy, that won't make up for the shit we've been served up this season and hopefully we'll rebuild in the summer and give it a real good shot.

I am in the "Rafa Stays" brigade (if that wasn't already clear), but if by Christmas nothing has changed then I'll jump ship and join you. Until then, I'll be backing the manager.

You won't get until then because he's off to Juventus in the summer.

Thank God.

Unlucky.