You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is worrying is that i didnt believe any of this... i heard that gerrard refused to go back out and hasnt been training with squad at melwood (hes not injured as the boss said) also reina went sick in the tunnel at sammy and pelligrino... (sorry if spelling is wrong)

so i thought the best thing to do was ask some-one... so i asked one of the reserves... im sorry i cant say who coz i dont think he would really thank me for that ... but he said that something big did kick off... Gerrard isnt injured but is refusing to play whilst rafa is the manager... he isnt sure if Stevie has spoken to Purslow but the feeling at Melwood is not good... He said its really tense and it kinda feels like Rafa has ran out of ideas...

I was hoping to god that this wasnt true because we have enough crap to deal with without this happaning but Rafa has defo lost the Dressing room... and Gerrard isnt Happy...

He may have got to the tipping point though. He may have been following the manager's instructions for months or years and seeing them fail time after time. There were whispers last year that the games in which we made a storming comeback after being behind were in some cases due to key players completely ignoring the managers instructions and doing what they thought was best.

You suggest that trying to make the team better is a selfish act - I prefer to think of it as doing the best that he can for the club that he loves and we love.

Hypothetically, he's not fit to captain then. If you're no longer able to be the gaffer's man in the dressing room then you shouldn't be captain. It's not his job to decide which ideas to follow and which not to, he should implement the managers orders until the club see fit to sack him for those ideas failing.

With all due respect, you can thing of it however you want Stringy, but unless his genetic code is vastly different from every other species on this planet then he's acting out of self-interest. It might not be a nice way to see things but it's true. If that self-interest is to the benefit of others too then that's super for all of us.

put in a transfer request

Benitez is a manager with 25 years experience it's not for him to question him

Yes it is. And it's Benitez's job to listen. Whether he chooses to act on it is totally up to him. Gerrard is a better player than Benitez ever will be as manager. I don't care how much experience Benitez has. It's Gerrard's responsibility to act as representative for the players to the manager. What if this rumour's true? What if Gerrard has tried to address it with Benitez previously and been told to shove it? What if players have gone to Gerrard and said you must do something about it?

All conjecture, but Gerrard would not be fulfilling his job as captain if he didn't represent the players.

Yes it is. And it's Benitez's job to listen. Whether he chooses to act on it is totally up to him. Gerrard is a better player than Benitez ever will be as manager. I don't care how much experience Benitez has. It's Gerrard's responsibility to act as representative for the players to the manager. What if this rumour's true? What if Gerrard has tried to address it with Benitez previously and been told to shove it? What if players have gone to Gerrard and said you must do something about it?

All conjecture, but Gerrard would not be fulfilling his job as captain if he didn't represent the players.

All true but the final word is the manager's and the players should follow it. That's what they are paid to do. Unless you want to get rid of a manager and have tactics and selection done by a squad vote then that's the way it has to be. The point about Gerrard being a better player than Benitez is a manager is just daft. My plumber's pretty good at plumbing too but that doesn't mean he gets to pick the Liverpool side.

Hypothetically, he's not fit to captain then. If you're no longer able to be the gaffer's man in the dressing room then you shouldn't be captain. It's not his job to decide which ideas to follow and which not to, he should implement the managers orders until the club see fit to sack him for those ideas failing.

With all due respect, you can thing of it however you want Stringy, but unless his genetic code is vastly different from every other species on this planet then he's acting out of self-interest. It might not be a nice way to see things but it's true. If that self-interest is to the benefit of others too then that's super for all of us.

Have you never heard of altruism?

I don't believe he's being altruistic either but I do think he believes his interests are bound with those of the club. If it was all about him, I think he'd just go.

Have you never heard of altruism?

I don't believe he's being altruistic either but I do think he believes his interests are bound with those of the club. If it was all about him, I think he'd just go.

Nope. It's complex cocktail but it's still always about self-interest. Scratching someone elses back to get yours scratched, for example. There's lots of reasons not to leave, how he percieves himself in relation to the club, how people would treat him, how close family members might react, a million things that all impact on his life being enjoyable.

I'm not saying he's a selfish cunt and should be thought less of for it, I'm just saying he operates the way everything else on the planet does and that he's not looking out for the club any more than Benitez is.

I want starving people fed and homless people homed. As cold as it sounds I know that's because it leads to a better society for me to live in. It's in my interest.

So Rafa has done enough to earn everyones respect but some would question Gerrards committment. Beauty. Certainly not fit yet run out game after game. Yeah its down to Steven Gerrard not being committed to the shirt and hes never done anything for the club and the fans.

Gerrard has saved Rafa countless times.

Repped for that.

Gerrard's the club captain and it's his job to speak out. None of us know if this is true, but it would suggest what a lot of us think that rafa's lost the dressing room.

Either way something stinks and it aint the shit I have just had.

Just to clear a few things up on my part.

1. I don't hate Gerrard the player

2. I dislike some aspects of Gerrard the man.

6. That substitution on Wednesday did not seem right.

8. He should practice his corners.

13. He should twat Babel.

14. I have no agenda against him, I just expect more form the Captain of Liverpool FC other than doing everything on his own.

15. I don't go with the notion he has kept Rafa in a job, Rafa and the team have kept Rafa in a job here.

Thats all good.

I am changing 14 and 15 to read imo:

14. I have no agenda against Rafa, I just expect more from the manager of Liverpool FC.

15. I don't go with the notion that Rafa has kept Stevie in a job, Stevie many times is the team and have kept Rafa in the job this long.

Is this being reported in the papers, media and that? Just thinking hat if it is, Gerrard's actions over the next few days might tell us if there's any truth to this. You'd imagine it's something he'd want to come out and quash pretty sharply.....if it's all bollocks.

Not sure if the actual bust up story is in the media, but they were reporting that he was considering a move.