You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs match is off...

Randy Marsh

*hovers over neg button*

I'd just really like to see us play some football with some movement and some serious intent. Not just hovering about and waiting for a mistake from them.

If we do that and even get beat then i won't be too pissed off as Spurs are a good side. It would just be nice to see us have a go for once.

Would it be too sorry an indictment of how shit we are right now that I'd be relatively happy with a draw at Anfield to Spurs?

Fucking love to win it though as I'm taking my mrs who's a spurs fan and the last two times I've taken her they've fucking won. I owe that jew bitch.

Just taking to the field with a positive mentality, and really going for them. That would be an enormous fillip, Philip. Rafa has got to get them organised and motivated. If he's having difficulty with that, then bring a youngster or two in to demonstrate to the prima donnas what playing for Liverpool should mean.

Oh, and drop Kuyt (natch) and bring in Aquiliani.

Reina

Kelly/Darby, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio

Benayoun, Mascherano, Aquiliani, Reira

Gerrard

Torres

Id go with Tom and Pete here. I think were back to the stage where we are metaphorically 'shackled' however, as with last season I dont think this is due to intent, more a mental block due to lack of confidnce and low moral. With the players back fit and playing together, Im sure over the next month, we'll start to pick it up again and hopefully end the season as we did last. With those mental shackles, disguarded by the pitchside and us running amok on all before us.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes but there are elderly people and disadvantaged people who cant do that Tom

The elderly and disadvantaged don't work in my office and have cried off today and yesterday when they live nearer the office than i do!

It's pathetic.

Just taking to the field with a positive mentality, and really going for them. That would be an enormous fillip, Philip. Rafa has got to get them organised and motivated. If he's having difficulty with that, then bring a youngster or two in to demonstrate to the prima donnas what playing for Liverpool should mean.

Oh, and drop Kuyt (natch) and bring in Aquiliani.

Reina

Kelly/Darby, Carragher, Agger, Aurelio

Benayoun, Mascherano, Aquiliani, Reira

Gerrard

Torres

I thought my match thread title was bad!

I would hope we play our best team but fucked if I know what that is any more.

Expecting to see:

.............Reina

Carra Skrtel Agger Insua

....Lucas Mascherano

.Kuyt Gerrard Benayoun

............Torres

Think this game could really go either way, I was hoping for an upswing in confidence after the late winner at Villa, but that was a fucking shambles against Reading.

Still suspended isn't he, unless something has happened I don't about?.

Guest davelfc
Aye. Good point.

Hopefully they'll have the foresight to leave the night before and stay over.

Naah even if every single one of them did that the police would say it was unsafe to travel home and call it off.

Can't see the mancs playing at all this month at home. They even had to call off a local derby (league cup) because of the travelling manc fans. (is my take on it)

The pitch obviously won't be a problem, it is the area around the ground. However, you would think the council and club, knowing they should have 3 snow free days ahead, would be able to get the area cleared and gritted. Will most probably be off then!

It's basically an ice rink off the main roads around Anfield! If it stays this way, and judging by the weather reports it will, the match stands a good chance of being called off on safety concerns.

Just hope everyone tells Ryan Babel!

The pitch obviously won't be a problem, it is the area around the ground. However, you would think the council and club, knowing they should have 3 snow free days ahead, would be able to get the area cleared and gritted. Will most probably be off then!

So what?

That's a fucking joke if you ask me. Since when was this ever a problem in the past? If the pitch is playable and the players are there then the match should be played the end.

It should be down to me whether or not I risk a journey to the match and I'm big enough and sensible enough to know to wear a coat and the right footwear and things like this.

Fucking nannying has gone mad. Whatever happened to getting the orange ball out and everyone having a cup of Oxo.

Good times.

It's basically an ice rink off the main roads around Anfield! If it stays this way, and judging by the weather reports it will, the match stands a good chance of being called off on safety concerns.

Just hope everyone tells Ryan Babel!

So people will fall down a bit.

Big deal.

Safety my arse. People should have the CHOICE whether or not they want to risk it. When did it happen that people made the choice for us?

it's completely ridiculous.

It's political correctness gone mad I tells ya! Or something.

So what?

That's a fucking joke if you ask me. Since when was this ever a problem in the past? If the pitch is playable and the players are there then the match should be played the end.

It should be down to me whether or not I risk a journey to the match and I'm big enough and sensible enough to know to wear a coat and the right footwear and things like this.

Fucking nannying has gone mad. Whatever happened to getting the orange ball out and everyone having a cup of Oxo.

Good times.

The problem is once you get inside the grounds that are owned by the club. If someone slips directly outside the shop for example having entered the grounds then Liverpool FC are liable and if they claim, then the club would end up paying. If I fell on my arse, I'd get back up. Sadly, there are shithawks out there who would fall and then immediately get the sniff of money, so the club has to protect themselves against that.

Come to think of it, I bet Hicks would sue us if he took a tumble.

The problem is once you get inside the grounds that are owned by the club. If someone slips directly outside the shop for example having entered the grounds then Liverpool FC are liable and if they claim, then the club would end up paying. If I fell on my arse, I'd get back up. Sadly, there are shithawks out there who would fall and then immediately get the sniff of money, so the club has to protect themselves against that.

Come to think of it, I bet Hicks would sue us if he took a tumble.

All they have to do ro prevent a lawsuit is demonstrate that they've done everything they possibly can to prevent someone slipping over.

That's it. If you can do that then it doesn't matter if someone falls and breaks their neck and dies, as long as the club has done everything it could realistically have done.

The footprint of Anfield is pretty small and it wouldn't cost much to safeguard against ice at all.

Someone------Carra--------Agger-----------Aurelio

--------------Masher-------Purple----------------

Kuyt----------------Gerrard-----------------Riera

---------------------Torres----------------------

Bugger, Masher is suspended isn't he?

OK, move Gerrard back and play Benayoun behind Torres.

You think?

Don't know what its like in that London, but apart from still being cold, things seem to be calming down up north.

That London's always alright cos it stays several degrees warmer than everywhere else (due to sheer population density and pollution I assume!), but the south east in general is under about 40 cm. So I guess only lower div football will be affected.

So what?

Good times.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But that seems to be the reason for many a postponement these days, H&S and all that bollocks.

With the way spurs play I hope we go out with an attacking attitude and formation and make use of the available space we'll get. Hard to see kuyt being dropped but I'd be happy to see this side out, and hopefully in some creative mood (I know, how fuckin optimistic am I ? )

.............Reina

Carra Skrtel Agger Insua

....Lucas Aquilani

Yossi Gerrard Aurelio

............Torres