You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is it me or has Moyes watched a different game to what I have?

RafaLaBamba

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we played well. Not in an attacking, fluent, Brazil sort of way but we were good defensively and for all Everton's bluster I never felt like they would score (apart from Screech's chance).

Honestly? I thought our defending was terrible.

Every time a cross came into the box I felt we may concede.

Honestly? I thought our defending was terrible.

Every time a cross came into the box I felt we may concede.

But we didn't, so maybe that's your issue and not the team's? I never felt like they'd score in open play, we were organised, composed and disciplined. Our best players were the back 4 and the keeper, which says a lot.

I was getting nervous at 1 nil as the game went on but when we got the 2nd we avoided the inevitable bombardment, when it might have been a different story.

I was there today (in the directors box no less) and even the most biased red would say we were lucky today. I am happy to take the 3 points though as both sides were pretty poor.

Everton were the lucky ones; lucky that we're low on confidence and players, otherwise it could have been embarrassing for them. If we can beat them 2 - 0 with that team after our season, imagine what a full strength team in top form would have done to them!

I dont care what the man with no eyebrows says. So we rode our luck, usually it is us that has the chances without taking them, but they had their chances and blew them. Pepe, despite the ball squirming out of his hands once di great and it was superb reflexes to react to Marion's follow-up. I also think it was a clear pen on Lucas but Wiley wasn't having any of it. Does Shiteinga have to touch and stroke the ref the way he does? It's sinister the way he does it. Still playing poorly but getting better.

But we didn't, so maybe that's your issue and not the team's? I never felt like they'd score in open play, we were organised, composed and disciplined. Our best players were the back 4 and the keeper, which says a lot.

I was getting nervous at 1 nil as the game went on but when we got the 2nd we avoided the inevitable bombardment, when it might have been a different story.

You obviously watched a different game to me then, but fair enough.

The fact we didn't play well just makes it more satisfying when its against them. The ideal win at Goodison would involve as much luck, cheating and shenanigans as possible. It worth it just for the post-match bleating.

Yep, i'm looking forward to tomorrow! In the context of this game the performance meant nothing because we won.

In the context of the season it was a bit worrying, especially seeing what's gone before, but only time will tell on that score.

Both teams were crap but they played the better football in the first half. Small details won us the game. A deflection and their rebound shot from the keeper was missed, ours was scored.

Even though we won I saw nothing to be encouraged about and we looked as poor as we did against Debrecen. We look poor and disjointed and while in isolation it is a great result, the bigger picture I am far from convinced we are suddenly going to go on a long unbeaten run.

Your a crying Cunt.

What the fuck do you want.

We played well against Chelsea and got fuck all out of the game.

A Win's a win.

Did you want to play well today and get beat,in these games it's not about the performances but the result.

Go and ask Everton how they feel,they'll fuckin gladly swop their performance for our result.

Your pissed off because it takes a bit of pressure off the Manager and that doesn't fit your M.O.

Edited by Durango

Yep, i'm looking forward to tomorrow! In the context of this game the performance meant nothing because we won.

In the context of the season it was a bit worrying, especially seeing what's gone before, but only time will tell on that score.

We have learnt over the past seasons that we can look totally inept and then explode. But it usually takes one or two shaky performances with a little luck here and there to get us going.

Sunderland at home last season was the turning point, N'Gog alone up front and very poor general play, I remember being very uncomfortable watching it because we generally looked so vulnerable. But after getting those 3 points on board we never looked back from that point. I'm hoping for something similar now, fingers crossed.

Apart from the offside 'goals' they had the Cahill header which Reina brilliantly saved, then the rebound from Fellaini which was even better.

Jo missed a great chance which dropped over his shoulder and Bilyaletdinov missed an absolute sitter.

Then there was the shot which Pepe nearly let in when he dropped it.

We just have to be honest and admit that they were the better team on the day but we prevailed because we got a bit of luck. There's nothing wrong with admitting that.

I can't remember them creating a chance from open play.

I may stand corrected.

Your a crying Cunt.

A Win's a win.

Did you want to play well today and get beat,in these games it's not about performances but result.

Go and ask Everton how they feel,they'll fuckin gladly swop their performance for our results.

Your pissed off because it takes a bit of pressure off the Manager and that doesn't fit your M.O.

Come on, tone it down. No more squabbling on here tonight...please?

Your a crying Cunt.

A Win's a win.

Did you want to play well today and get beat,in these games it's not about performances but result.

Go and ask Everton how they feel,they'll fuckin gladly swop their performance for our results.

Oh fuck right off you. I'm sick to death of your petty sniping on this forum. No need for that last bit (and I say that as someone who is generally for the manager most of the time).

I don't wish to appear ungracious in our victory, but...I don't believe they played "better football" at all. They played a harrying and dogged football, which they needed to - and credit to them they did OK at it - but this is not "better football" than we played.

They were the better team.

Not impressed by our performance today but made up with the result.

Feel EFC are a poor team right now and I think they know it especially with some of their better players out but they seemed a bit more up for it tbh than we did - maybe the fact we scored in the 12 minute was a factor as from then on we had no need to score and they had to - and ultimately were not good enough to.

But our tactics and selections are a worry - having watched 4 teams since our match finished (Arse, Chel, Barca and Real) who all seem to have an attacking intent about them we seem so defensive minded (backwards sideways all the time) - I wish it were not the case but I have to face facts and say it is. I also have to question the selections big time - Insua? Kuyt? - how bad do they have to be to be left out? - note i am saying they were that much worse today - its just that they have bad for ages and still get selected and fundamentally they were the same today.

My team (if all fit)

Pepe

Glen Carra Agger Aurelio

Yossi Aquilani Masch Stevie Reira

Torres