You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tonight's footie...

Josef Svejk

Johnson is a very good player and he'll add another dimension to our side. Ideally Arbeloa would have stayed too but hey. But I'm sure any defensive faults/frailties can be ironed out.

Ironically Ferdinand too was also very prone to defensive fuck ups in his early career.

How about waiting and see how he does in a red shirt before judging him.

He will add another dimension, but will it be worth it if we lose even more in a declining defense?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson is a very good player and he'll add another dimension to our side. Ideally Arbeloa would have stayed too but hey. But I'm sure any defensive faults/frailties can be ironed out.

Ironically Ferdinand too was also very prone to defensive fuck ups in his early career.

Benitez's record for progressing defensive players is also something that makes me confident Johnson will be a good player for us. Doesn't take away the fact he had a stinker tonight though.

To be fair your probably right, standards are so low with babel that seeing him roast a few people occasionally makes you think he's had a stormer.

To be just as fair, I'm so down on him if he did do anything any good, I'd probably trick myself into giving someone else credit for it :smile:

Guest Dog Chaser

I think Rafa will improve Johnsons defensive game a great deal, fortunately he will have Dirk Kuyt playing ahead of him, which will help as Kuyt's workrate means he will not leave his full back exposed.

Are you sure, he's been a premiership full-back for quite a few years, under some very good managers .. :whistle:

Australia beat Ireland 3-0 on their home patch, I know it's only a friendly but how bad are Ireland because we aren't that good and we were missing a few regular starters.

Actually I just read Ireland haven't lost for 15 months or something, I'm changing my mind we are the fucking best team in the world and will win the world cup.

Australia beat Ireland 3-0 on their home patch, I know it's only a friendly but how bad are Ireland because we aren't that good and we were missing a few regular starters.

Ireland is competing with Italy in a group that also includes Bulgaria. While most of their players prepare for Premiership action this weekend. Much as they'd like to do battle with the Cook Islands and challenge for honours in Turkey...

Serioudsly, though, it's a very useful Aussie side...

Edson Braafheid looked like Randy Wagstaff from The Wire. That's all I took from the 10 minutes I watched.

edson-braafheid_knvb_groot.jpg

maestro2.jpg

If he was the 5, he was awful (as were all the Dutch defenders and keeper). He kept stopping with the ball, sticking out his arse, expecting the attacker to give up, hopeless .. :whistle:

I was at the Northern Ireland v Israel game last night and Yossi was horrible, absolutely horrible.

And before anyone says they couldn't care how Liverpool players do for their country, I'm not trying to make a point, I'm just letting you know.