You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benitez has 30 Million to Spend

Antynwa

Yeah, it's good job all the other teams in the league stood still while we were spending all that money.

Otherwise we'd have stuggled to scrape fourth, never mind mount a serious title challenge.

Bad Rafa. Evil Rafa.

We have spent more NET than the other 3 big teams these past 3 years, do your home work before being a bell end.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have spent more NET than the other 3 big teams these past 3 years, do your home work before being a bell end.

Behave ToxtethTerror.

I could equally say we have spent less NET than the other three big teams these past three days.

But I won't, because it's just an arbitrary timescale plucked to make a meaningless point, and you know it.

Behave ToxtethTerror.

I could equally say we have spent less NET than the other three big teams these past three days.

But I won't, because it's just an arbitrary timescale plucked to make a meaningless point, and you know it.

It isn't actually, the issue is the owners and the fact is we have spent more NET than the other teams since G+H have been here. They may be twats, but they have given Benitez money.

It isn't actually, the issue is the owners and the fact is we have spent more NET than the other teams since G+H have been here. They may be twats, but they have given Benitez money.

However others have spent more for longer. We have not spent more than chelsea or united and they were miles ahead of us so we have closed the gap. You cant ignore what the russian did or what fergie did before rafa arrived.

We were 30 points behind with a shocking squad, we then spend the same as united, us overhauling and them adding to a title winning team yet we cut it to 4 points last year. The russian went on an at the time unprecedented spending spree and yet we finished above them last year.

You need time, money or both. If Rafa wins the title this year it will be one of lfc's best ever trophies and one of the most impressive title wins considering the state our club is in , what rafa has had to put up with and the squad he inherited not to mention the incredible competition and the fact we now get outspent by also rans.

Also selling to buy is not ideal, the yanks have signed the cheques but we have lost out on continuity as we have not had the luxury of allowing players to settle for a few years and develop into squad players who offer something from the bench etc we have to buy a new batch of players constantly

So what you said was simply in support of Hicks and Gilette? Fair enough.

On the other thread you correctly criticise Degen as a bad deal because his wage bill is a complete waste of money.

Here you suddenly completely ignore the most important part of any team's budget.

You fully understand that we have spent the least of all the big 4 up to the end of the last season under Rafa as it is based on 3 premises that you have used elsewhere:

i) Wages- see Degen

ii) That a contract for £4m a year for 5 years is roughly worth £20m now.

You perfectly emplyed this argument when correctly destroying the myth that Masch's wages & fees cost £17m

There you did not take Masch's wages as £4m as that is what we pay him a year but correctly adjusted for the life of the contract.

iii) Transfers are paid over the life of the deal.

Again you correctly have stated that we cannot take £7m off Johnson's fee just because Pompey owed it for Crouch or we would be doublecounting.

Many people aren't that interested in financial accounting.

You however sufficently understand the concepts involved when they suit you.

When they don't you just ignore them & make things up.

We have spent less than anyother big 4 team up until the end of last season.

The close season isn't finished yet but presently we are looking at probably being 5th on wages & remaining in 4th on overall budget falling behind City but overtaking Arse.

When you state anything different to that you are making things up again which does you no favours overall, especially as you can employ the correct techniques perfectly when it suits you.

On the other thread you correctly criticise Degen as a bad deal because his wage bill is a complete waste of money.

Here you suddenly completely ignore the most important part of any team's budget.

You fully understand that we have spent the least of all the big 4 up to the end of the last season under Rafa as it is based on 3 premises that you have used elsewhere:

i) Wages- see Degen

ii) That a contract for £4m a year for 5 years is roughly worth £20m now.

You perfectly emplyed this argument when correctly destroying the myth that Masch's wages & fees cost £17m

There you did not take Masch's wages as £4m as that is what we pay him a year but correctly adjusted for the life of the contract.

iii) Transfers are paid over the life of the deal.

Again you correctly have stated that we cannot take £7m off Johnson's fee just because Pompey owed it for Crouch or we would be doublecounting.

Many people aren't that interested in financial accounting.

You however sufficently understand the concepts involved when they suit you.

When they don't you just ignore them & make things up.

We have spent less than anyother big 4 team up until the end of last season.

The close season isn't finished yet but presently we are looking at probably being 5th on wages & remaining in 4th on overall budget falling behind City but overtaking Arse.

When you state anything different to that you are making things up again which does you no favours overall, especially as you can employ the correct techniques perfectly when it suits you.

Money does help obviously but when you get time to build a squad like Rafa has and a fair bit of money on the way, then a title challenge is to be expected. Not saying we should win it out right but we could have won it last season.

Money does help obviously but when you get time to build a squad like Rafa has and a fair bit of money on the way, then a title challenge is to be expected. Not saying we should win it out right but we could have won it last season.

I think that is bang on, a challenge was expected and we got it and as you rightly say we bottled it but we didnt know how to win it so i can accept it. I think this should be the year we push on and take it.

I think we could do it even with not adding too much but we should be getting the proper backing from proper owners and adding the best players around to make it easier to win it instead of praying for no injuries, i just feel we do everything with our hands tied.

Do you know what is great about polar bears? They don't care about tax. They don't care about net spend. They just want to make YOUR life happier. Have a polar bear.

polar-bear.jpg

Cool, has he got any mints and/or cola?

I understand fully that some people aren't interested in the financial side of things and just want to watch the lads on the pitch. I don't have any problem with that at all, but I do have an issue with anyone that maintains the financial side isn't one of the critical factors in determining sucess on the pitch. They are inextricably linked, refusing to accept that is walking into the Halifax and saying "I want to buy a nice house. I don't want to talk about my wages and mortgages and repayments and all that shit though - I just want a nice house, so get onto it pronto. "£230,000 should cover it." It's a lovely idea but it has no relevance to the real world.

Not pitching that at you specifically SM, it was the bear that caught my eye.

However others have spent more for longer. We have not spent more than chelsea or united and they were miles ahead of us so we have closed the gap. You cant ignore what the russian did or what fergie did before rafa arrived.

We were 30 points behind with a shocking squad, we then spend the same as united, us overhauling and them adding to a title winning team yet we cut it to 4 points last year. The russian went on an at the time unprecedented spending spree and yet we finished above them last year.

You need time, money or both. If Rafa wins the title this year it will be one of lfc's best ever trophies and one of the most impressive title wins considering the state our club is in , what rafa has had to put up with and the squad he inherited not to mention the incredible competition and the fact we now get outspent by also rans.

Also selling to buy is not ideal, the yanks have signed the cheques but we have lost out on continuity as we have not had the luxury of allowing players to settle for a few years and develop into squad players who offer something from the bench etc we have to buy a new batch of players constantly

We were one point behind the Mancs the season before the Yanks took over and have spent more since.

Do you know what is great about polar bears? They don't care about tax. They don't care about net spend. They just want to make YOUR life happier. Have a polar bear.

polar-bear.jpg

Did you know polar bear fur is translucent? It's only the sunlight reflecting on it that gives it a white appearance. On a seperate note, them North Pole expeditions won't take so long now. Anyone remember Cresta?

I think that is bang on, a challenge was expected and we got it and as you rightly say we bottled it but we didnt know how to win it so i can accept it. I think this should be the year we push on and take it.

I think we could do it even with not adding too much but we should be getting the proper backing from proper owners and adding the best players around to make it easier to win it instead of praying for no injuries, i just feel we do everything with our hands tied.

Oue first eleven can rival any team in Europe so ye we definitely have a chance if we stear clear of injuries. Alonso is a big loss but hopefully this aquilani can have a big impact.

We were one point behind the Mancs the season before the Yanks took over and have spent more since.

However the mancs were re-grouping dealing with their own ownership issues whilst blooding a certain player who is worth 80 million today. Also chelsea blew everyone out of the water with disgraceful funding.

I dont understand your timelines, why do you ignore what has gone on before?

If you are successful and win things you can afford to regroup and blood players, build a new team and push on, sometimes you have to take a step back to go two forward, you cant win things every year.

Oue first eleven can rival any team in Europe so ye we definitely have a chance if we stear clear of injuries. Alonso is a big loss but hopefully this aquilani can have a big impact.

If Gerrard and Torres play pretty much every prem game we can afford to carry a few positions in my opinion. If they are fit we win it imo. We have the game to blitz the opposition and we have the chess game.

I just hope rafa doesnt start the season with the continental approach, if we go at teams and attack and crush them no one can cope with us.

If Gerrard and Torres play pretty much every prem game we can afford to carry a few positions in my opinion. If they are fit we win it imo. We have the game to blitz the opposition and we have the chess game.

I just hope rafa doesnt start the season with the continental approach, if we go at teams and attack and crush them no one can cope with us.

Ye I agree, the last two seasons we have finished really stong and played some good football, if we start of the season as we finished last year we would give ourselves a much better chance. I hope we stick to the attacking style that saw us stick four past united, chelsea, arsenal and real.

Nobody hates them more than me but they bought us Torres, Mascherano, Johnson, Babel, Keane et all at significant cost.

No they fucking didn't!!!!!

Those players were bought with loans which are being repaid by the club. None of it is their money.

If I lend someone £400 quid which they don't pay me back, am I supposed to say thanks when they buy me a pint?

With the TV money increase we're spending no more than we would have under Moores, but with a £350m debt hanging over us like the sword of Damocles.

exactly maldini.

you know what if see anyone else mention net spend or relative wage bills i'm gonna neg the fucker to hell. its become very tedious and utterly fucking pointless.

god forbid they win it next season but it'd fuck every fucking theoy about spending etc if the scumm won it again next year.

Money is nowhere near as important as people make it out to be. I'm willing to bet £100 with anyone that Real Madrid win nothing next year despite spending a record amount in a season.

FUCK OFF ACCOUNTANTS YOU SAD BASTARDS

No they fucking didn't!!!!!

Those players were bought with loans which are being repaid by the club. None of it is their money.

If I lend someone £400 quid which they don't pay me back, am I supposed to say thanks when they buy me a pint?

With the TV money increase we're spending no more than we would have under Moores, but with a £350m debt hanging over us like the sword of Damocles.

rashid knows this, he is just having a pop at the manager.

I understand fully that some people aren't interested in the financial side of things and just want to watch the lads on the pitch.

Ha ha. I am interested, and it is often very intelligently argued among the participants, but this place was unreal yesterday so I started a soothing polar bear offensive to try to calm it all down.