You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Murdoch's Scum Credentials All In Order I See

Anubis

I'm struggling to think of a bigger scandal in my lifetime. This shit is so wide-reaching it's breath-taking. It's far from beyond belief that the fall-out could claim whole swathes of NC from Murdoch, including NI, Sky and Fox. Beyond that though I can see senior police officers being jailed and the next election result being decided by it. It is fucking huge and I'm convinced we haven't heard the half of it yet.

On the upside, we could see a resurgence from independently minded MPs with integrity too. Tom Watson has been fucking brilliant in all this.

Agreed , and if it turns out they have been as devious in the US , then it will be carnage for the fuckers.

Question time should be good tonight.

Agreed , and if it turns out they have been as devious in the US , then it will be carnage for the fuckers.

Question time should be good tonight.

Good shout. I never really think to watch it due to the fact that o turn into a pumpkin at 10pm. I caught last week's on the iPlayer after the coverage of it in the press.

Dear John,

Thank you for your letter of 12 July, on behalf of the committee, inviting me to give evidence to you on 19 July.

I am writing to confirm that I am available to appear before the committee on that date and welcome the opportunity to do so.

As you are well aware, the Metropolitan Police investigation into illegal voicemail interception continues and we are fully cooperating with that. Aspects of the work to which your committee may wish to refer are likely to be relevant to that investigation. Indeed, the police have already asked us specifically to provide information about those matters.

I understand that various select committees have approached the police over time in relation to this and other cases. The police's position has been to co-operate where this did not directly impact on the investigation in question. In those cases where it did potentially impact, the police have historically declined to comment at that stage.

Our understanding is that this approach has not been challenged. Given that we are in the midst of an investigation, and we do not want to prejudice it, I hope you will understand why we feel it would not be appropriate to respond to such questions at present in order to be consistent with [the] police's approach, and that as a result this may prevent me from discussing these matters in detail.

I hope this is of help, and look forward to hearing from you to discuss exact timings and other details.

Yours sincerely,

Rebekah Brooks

Read more: Rupert Murdoch and son James WILL appear with Rebekah Brooks to be quizzed by MPs | Mail Online

FBI have now opened an investigation into the hacking of 9/11 victims' phones. Murdoch is fucked, I reckon. I mean truly ruined. The Yanks will rightly go fucking apeshit about this.

Murdoch could be prosecuted in the States for bribery by NI employees in the UK. This is so fucking big, it's hard to fully get your head around.

I'm struggling to think of a bigger scandal in my lifetime. This shit is so wide-reaching it's breath-taking. It's far from beyond belief that the fall-out could claim whole swathes of NC from Murdoch, including NI, Sky and Fox. Beyond that though I can see senior police officers being jailed and the next election result being decided by it. It is fucking huge and I'm convinced we haven't heard the half of it yet.

It's like Verbal says in the Usual Suspects when they bring down New York's Finest Taxi Service: "Everybody got it right in the ass, from the chief on down... it was beautiful."

Good shout. I never really think to watch it due to the fact that o turn into a pumpkin at 10pm. I caught last week's on the iPlayer after the coverage of it in the press.

Newsnight it is then.

I can't believe that the head of one of the most powerful and influencial companies in the entire world , would permit the use of tactics that could bring the whole thing crashing down around them in such a catastrophic way. It really is , as you say Paul potentially enormous, and I for one hope it all comes to light in its absolute entirety. Anything else would be a letdown.

For all the Tories cries of New Labour getting in bed with Murdoch, they cannot escape the fact that they have tried to bury this story several times, and would have been quite happy for the whole corruption to go unchallenged and unpunished. If Coulson goes down, then Cameron has to resign. Even if it does mean William Hague becoming prime minister..

It's like Verbal says in the Usual Suspects when they bring down New York's Finest Taxi Service: "Everybody got it right in the ass, from the chief on down... it was beautiful."

[YOUTUBE]-kRL9ESmhC8[/YOUTUBE]

Time to start packing!

Murdoch gives his first interview to the Wall Street Journal. You know Ruprecht, I don't think you're quite getting it yet.

Mr. Murdoch said the damage to the company is "nothing that will not be recovered. We have a reputation of great good works in this country."

Mr. Murdoch said News Corp. has handled the crisis "extremely well in every way possible," making just "minor mistakes."

He rejected criticism that James Murdoch had acted too slowly in dealing with the tabloid scandal.

"I think he acted as fast as he could, the moment he could," Mr. Murdoch said. The elder Mr. Murdoch said that he, too, had acted appropriately and quickly, saying, "when I hear something going wrong, I insist on it being put right."

People close to the company have said the company has considered a separation or sale of its newspaper assets. Mr. Murdoch called such reports "pure rubbish. Pure and total rubbish....give it the strongest possible denial you can give."

Mr. Murdoch, who agreed on Thursday to appear before a parliamentary committee next week after, said he wanted to address "some of the things that have been said in Parliament, some of which are total lies."

Mr. Murdoch singled out former British Prime Minster Gordon Brown. "He got it entirely wrong," Mr. Murdoch said, adding that "the Browns were always friends of ours" until the company's Sun tabloid withdrew its support for the Labour Party before the last election.

Murdoch also said News Corp would set up an independent committee to "investigate every charge of improper conduct", which would be led by a "distinguished non-employee". He added it would also put together a "protocol for behaviour" for new reporters across the company.

Newsnight it is then.

I can't believe that the head of one of the most powerful and influencial companies in the entire world , would permit the use of tactics that could bring the whole thing crashing down around them in such a catastrophic way. It really is , as you say Paul potentially enormous, and I for one hope it all comes to light in its absolute entirety. Anything else would be a letdown.

Just watched it. Kinell, that guy on the yacht wasn't slow to plunge the knife in on Brooks.

Well it looks like the Americans are rolling up their sleeves and are ready for a punch up. If there's one shred of evidence that NOTW have or even attempted to pull this stunt on the victims and families of 9/11, then this could signal the end for Murdock.

Although nowhere near the same magnitude, this reminds me of the time Robert Maxwell got caught with his fingers in the pension pot.

Just watched it. Kinell' date=' that guy on the yacht wasn't slow to plunge the knife in on Brooks.

Well it looks like the Americans are rolling up their sleeves and are ready for a punch up. If there's one shred of evidence that NOTW have or even attempted to pull this stunt on the victims and families of 9/11, then this could signal the end for Murdock.

Although nowhere near the same magnitude, this reminds me of the time Robert Maxwell got caught with his fingers in the pension pot.[/quote']

Shocking though that was, if this breaks open in the US I think it's got the potential to eclipse it in business terms. In the UK, the investigations that have kept this in the public eye over the last two years and led us to this point has been largely driven by the Guardian's journalists. Saying that the left wing and even the moderate media in the US despise Fox and everything it stands for would be an understatement so they'll be going for Murdoch's jugular as soon as the 9/11 stuff is out there in more detail and on top of that you'll have those organisations that probably don't give a fuck about it but will seize the opportunity to inflict damage on an already injured rival.

Look at what's been mentioned about the Mail today - I said yesterday that it's a cunt of paper, pitched at exactly the same demographic as the S*n and NOTW and lo and behold the Mail are reportedly planning a new Sunday tabloid to launch from next week. With that many readers up for grabs and many of them unlikely to consider the Sunday Mirror, the People or a broadsheet, it's a gift from God as far as they're concerned and I'm sure that Fox's rivals will have gone to bed tonight with thoughts of stealing a huge share of their market over the coming months.

"As Chief Executive of the company, I feel a deep sense of responsibility for the people we have hurt and I want to reiterate how sorry I am for what we now know to have taken place."

Still apportioning blame elsewhere, a 2 year old has more moral compass then this one.

From the Guardian newsfeed :

10.18am: The Daily Telegraph reported this morning that Elisabeth Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch's daughter, is said to have attacked Brooks to friends.

Miss Murdoch, who is set to be given a seat on the board of her father's News Corp empire, told friends that Mrs Brooks had "f----- the company".

10.46am: Giles Coren of the Times gives a forthright defence of Brooks.

I like Rebekah Brooks. She's a good person, and i'm sad that she's gone. And I don't give a flying fuck what Twitter thinks.

I never had Murdoch down as the sentimental type but by putting his brain dead progeny in charge of his empire he's probably dooming it. His daughter sounds like a tit and his son looks like the kind of person who still likes to burn ants with a magnifying glass.