You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually only half heard it at first and thought it said someone had been badly burn whilst sleeping in the sun. I assumed it was a sun bathing incident but then checked IC L'pool. Just goes to show the mentality of some of the young 'uns in this city. I don't think at any point in my life i've thought "Setting someone on fire, that'll be a beast of a laugh, lid!"

Heard that before, some Lord of the Flies style shit. There was a gang rape about a month ago involving lands of the same agegroup.

Fucked up, in other cities its grown men with shotguns and million pound drug enterprises who run the streets, in Liverpool its kids who need a fucking good dig.

Guest RafaIsRafa

What makes someone even say to there mates "Ere lads, shall we go and set this fella on fire?"

Throwing a few little stones at him or something I can imagine but setting fire to someone!

It's horrible shit. This will sound like some knee-jerk rant but fuck it I'm sick of this shite; just heard the other day how some lad just round the corner from me got battered by some gang of snivelling little shit houses for no reason at all.

This country is a fucking disgrace. The whole culture is falling down around our ears and yet nothing will be done about it. We need to get a little bit of fear back for authority. Get some male teachers in the classroom with the power to impose discipline, get proper police officers not 5ft midget plastic police. Start imposing proper sentencing if caught. Stop giving scrotes an incentive to have children. etc etc

'Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up. '

sadTaxi_v1.jpg

It's horrible shit. This will sound like some knee-jerk rant but fuck it I'm sick of this shite; just heard the other day how some lad just round the corner from me got battered by some gang of snivelling little shit houses for no reason at all.

This country is a fucking disgrace. The whole culture is falling down around our ears and yet nothing will be done about it.

This sort of thing is obviously horrible, but if you look at contemporary reports from (say) 100 years ago, you'll see things were even worse.

The modern language and curse words notwithstanding, your rant about the decline in moral standards could honestly have been written at any time in the past 1,000 years. In fact, I'm sure I read something from the 1500s or 1600s along exactly those lines.

This sort of thing is obviously horrible, but if you look at contemporary reports from (say) 100 years ago, you'll see things were even worse.

The modern language and curse words notwithstanding, your rant about the decline in moral standards could honestly have been written at any time in the past 1,000 years. In fact, I'm sure I read something from the 1500s or 1600s along exactly those lines.

I think this is muck to be honest mate. We're wealthier now than we ever have been. Few of these crimes are committed out of some desperate need to escape a subsistence level of living, rather simply to behave like some ritualistic cunt in front of the lads.

Also I wouldn't trust ANY statistics these days, they've all been fiddled and fine tuned. I trust my own eyes and experiences and I can tell that just in the last five years things have got worse.

This country is a fucking disgrace. The whole culture is falling down around our ears and yet nothing will be done about it. We need to get a little bit of fear back for authority. Get some male teachers in the classroom with the power to impose discipline, get proper police officers not 5ft midget plastic police. Start imposing proper sentencing if caught. Stop giving scrotes an incentive to have children. etc etc

'Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up. '

The explanation is simple IMO mate, it's simply a case of entropy. When you remove authority from a society you get chaos, and there is no authority left. The police have none and teachers have none. Coercion and authority are not the same thing either.

People turn up for courts in tracksuits these days, it sounds like a trivial quibble on my part, but I for one appreciate the symbolism.

In order for things to be corrected, you need the people who thrive on fear to also be afraid, and at the moment, they're not.

The explanation is simple IMO mate, it's simply a case of entropy. When you remove authority from a society you get chaos, and there is no authority left. The police have none and teachers have none. Coercion and authority are not the same thing either.

People turn up for courts in tracksuits these days, it sounds like a trivial quibble on my part, but I for one appreciate the symbolism.

In order for things to be corrected, you need the people who thrive on fear to also be afraid, and at the moment, they're not.

Fear is only a small part of the problem. You need to be producing people that don't need to be scared by a prison sentence before they decide not to toast someone having a nap. I accept that it is a part of the problem that can be a very good short-term measure, but that's all it is, it isn't a progressive path by any means.

But, as I've said, I fear we may be past the tipping point of ill-adjusted people and their ill-adjusted kids.

The trouble is that when the pendulum does swing back again (as it will do with a vengeance sooner or later) it'll swing back too far and we'll all have to put up with restrictions on our freedoms just because nobody in authority wants to tackle these little scrotes at the moment.

Fear is only a small part of the problem. You need to be producing people that don't need to be scared by a prison sentence before they decide not to toast someone having a nap. I accept that it is a part of the problem that can be a very good short-term measure, but that's all it is, it isn't a progressive path by any means.

But, as I've said, I fear we may be past the tipping point of ill-adjusted people and their ill-adjusted kids.

The trouble is that when the pendulum does swing back again (as it will do with a vengeance sooner or later) it'll swing back too far and we'll all have to put up with restrictions on our freedoms just because nobody in authority wants to tackle these little scrotes at the moment.

I take the points, and I'm not advocating some kind of ball and chain style shit by any means, just some authority.

I've said this many times but I'll say it again, we don't have a crime problem in Britain, what we have is a gobshite problem.

Colombia has a crime problem, South Africa has a crime problem, the USA has a crime problem, because they're filled with literally millions of young men who're trapped in a cycle of poverty from which they can quite simply never escape by conventional means, so they turn to gangs, drugs, robbery, all the rest of it.

That level of despair simply doesn't exist in this country IMO. These little 16-17 year old scrotes who wander the likes of Norris Green with meat cleavers could have it all if they wanted. Looking after 'disaffected youth' is big business in Liverpool, it's a real money spinner, they could have plumbing apprenticeships, fucking 'hip hop' sessions coming out of their arses if they so desired - and be paid £30 a week for doing so.

But they don't, they're following an ideal, an ideal which glorifies the rejection of authority, and which KNOWS it can not be touched by anyone because everyone has their fucking hands tied.

Maybe some form of national service is the only answer, because the teaching profession no longer had the authority to deal with them (and nor should it have to) and the parents are probably 2nd generation human flotsam, so maybe they need to have a sense of right and wrong imprinted upon their heads with a boot?

Bring back National Service. Give the scrotes some discipline that they are sadly lacking. Or would the hand-wringing do-gooders find a way of fucking that up too? "No, sorry, shouting isn't allowed anymore, you'll damage the little cherubs' ears. And push-ups are out too".