You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

MARCA are reporting Ronaldo to Real is a done deal for €96m. Someone on .tv forum who claims to be a spaniard living in Barcelona working for MARCA (sounds crazy but I actually 95% believe him) backs it up and says it will be announced before the end of the month. That will give us a big advantage imo. As much as I hate him I don't think they can replace him and his goals even with €96m.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Ribery and Villa, they might take a punt on Benzema as well. I can see Ramos going there as well, Graham Hunter said he'd signed a pre-contract with an English club and Madrid are supposed to be signing Maicon.

That would be scary, they don't have someone as good as Torres at the moment, Villa would make them so much stronger, if they do get Ribery as well it would be horrible. Benzema is a little overrated though, nowhere near Villa in terms of ability or goal threat, and Ramos isn't exactly the best defender out there, so not too bothered by that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Ribery and Villa, they might take a punt on Benzema as well. I can see Ramos going there as well, Graham Hunter said he'd signed a pre-contract with an English club and Madrid are supposed to be signing Maicon.

Ribery and Villa don't come to England. Most likely MU will buy Benzema to replace Ronaldo.

Tobias Hysén: I Want To Join Liverpool

Liverpool is rumoured to be interested and if a deal can be done then Tobias Hysén, son of the legendary defender Glenn, brother to the goalkeeper Alexander and the left back Anton, would jump at the chance to move to Anfield...

11 June 2009 08:30:00

tobbe_411.jpg
Tobias Hysén has revealed that Liverpool have made their interest in him known and has stated that he would like to join them and play alongside Dirk Kuyt.

The pacey 27-year-old winger is currently playing for IFK Gothenburg, were he has scored eight goals in eight games so far this season. Enough to make him Swedens joint top scorer.

Liverpool's confirmed interest will heighten expectations of boosting 'The Blue-Whites' transfer fund and Hysén is hopeful that a deal can be worked out.

"To play in the same team as Dirk Kuyt at Anfield is a dream and any player would accept that," he told Swedish Aftonbladet.

"But I prefer to talk about reality and I have not spoken with Rafa Benitez, but I do know through my father Glenn that some contact exists between the clubs."

After playing for Sunderland, in the Premier League for one season, Hysén was sold to Gothenburg without being given a first-team opportunity, and he has enjoyed himself at the Swedish outfit.

But if The 'Blue-Whites' do not offer him a improved contract for next term then the Swedish national would like to try his luck at Anfield under Benitez.

"My future depends on Gothenburg, but I believe that this summer I will be out," he continued.

"I am grateful to the club because they have given me my chance to play in the Allsvenskan.

"But it is logical that I am interested in playing in the Premier League and especially Liverpool.

"I believe that playing in England would be a great chance for me as this league is a sensational place for wide forwards."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Not sure where we are heading to in this Summer Transfer Window!!

Rafa has always maintained that given a free hand, which he now has, he would tie all his deals up prior to the commencement of mid-summer training.

However, if we believe a small portion of what is being traded in the media,the initial signs are that it is not going according to plan:

Barry, not sure we needed him but now already gone!

Alonso, apparently to be sold to RM for circa £25m, to raise cash for a 'Big Purchase' now has to be retained.

Maschcerano's Agent, has upset the 'apple cart' by flirting with a transfer to Barca'!

According to the Accountant Auditors the Club finances are up the spout and learned Bankers say that there is no real new money available for a purchase of any players of stature - Villa, Silva, Tevez Augero etc.

In any case the other money-bag's clubs (RM, Chelsea, City) already have these players discussing terms and conditions. Even if we (sadly) raised £60m from the sale of Masch and Alonso, it would probably be too late with all the real quality players having been scooped up by the money bags.

Far from Rafa having a free hand, it looks as though he has had his hands tied behind his back by the ongoing mismanagement of our Owners. Parry and Moores still have a lot to answer for! Parry may no longer be in a meddling management position, but his lagacy lingers on!

I would not be surprised if we fail to make any progress with the squad this summer. Indeed I can even see a possibility of starting next season with a weaker squad than we had in 08/09, should either Mach or Xabi leave the club.

If Rafa can 'pull a rabbit out of the hat' with a class signature and at the same 'keep the foxes out of his hen coup' this summer, he will have been truly skillfull !!

Rafa has always maintained that given a free hand, which he now has, he would tie all his deals up prior to the commencement of mid-summer training.

However, if we believe a small portion of what is being traded in the media,the initial signs are that it is not going according to plan:

Alonso, apparently to be sold to RM for circa £25m, to raise cash for a 'Big Purchase' now has to be retained.

Maschcerano's Agent, has upset the 'apple cart' by flirting with a transfer to Barca'!

According to the Accountant Auditors the Club finances are up the spout and learned Bankers say that there is no real new money available for a purchase of any players of stature - Villa, Silva, Tevez Augero etc.

In any case the other money-bag's clubs (RM, Chelsea, City) already have these players discussing terms and conditions. Even if we (sadly) raised £60m from the sale of Masch and Alonso, it would probably be too late with all the real quality players having been scooped up by the money bags.

Far from Rafa having a free hand, it looks as though he has had his hands tied behind his back by the ongoing mismanagement of our Owners. Parry and Moores still have a lot to answer for! Parry may no longer be in a meddling management position, but his lagacy lingers on!

I would not be surprised if we fail to make any progress with the squad this summer. Indeed I can even see a possibility of starting next season with a weaker squad than we had in 08/09, should either Mach or Xabi leave the club.

If Rafa can 'pull a rabbit out of the hat' with a class signature and at the same 'keep the foxes out of his hen coup' this summer, he will have been truly skillfull !!

Negged for being a hysterical git. Calm the fuck down will you, its one and a half weeks into the transfer season.

Edit: And for spelling mistakes and bad analogies.

Salif_Diao.jpg
Liverpool: Bring back Salif Diao?

Exclusive by Paul Smith 11/06/2009

Liverpool will attempt a shock move to re-sign defensive midfielder Salif Diao from Stoke City.

Despite severe financial restrictions in place at Anfield, manager Rafa Benitez will attempt to try to land Diao for as little as £0.5million.

The Anfield club are not alone in wanting Diao.

Five other clubs - CS Sedan Ardennes, Proletären FF, Deportivo Wanka, Al-Hilal and Manchester City have declared their interest in the versatile midfielder.

Advertisement - article continues below »
Click Here!

Diao went on loan three times prior to his permanent move to Stoke in 2007 and Pompey have now slapped a £0.5m premium on his head, valuing him at about £5m.

The 32-year old Senegalese became increasingly frustrated sitting on the Anfield bench and demanded regular first-team football.

The fact that Benitez is absolutly cash-strapped, while Real Madrid is closing in on Xabi Alonso and Spanish rivals Barcelona is looking to lure Javier Mascherano, could see Diao getting another chance to prove his worth.

Imagine what it must be like to be a United fan.

They are about to lose Tevez and Ronaldo and have signed no-one yet. They are surely doomed.

Calm down lad.

Negged for unnecessary exclamation mark usage.

Salif_Diao.jpg

Liverpool will attempt a shock move to re-sign defensive midfielder Salif Diao from Stoke City.

Despite severe financial restrictions in place at Anfield, manager Rafa Benitez will attempt to try to land Diao for as little as £0.5million.

Five other clubs - CS Sedan Ardennes, Proletären FF, Deportivo Wanka, Al-Hilal and Manchester City have declared their interest in the versatile midfielder.

Click Here!

Diao went on loan three times prior to his permanent move to Stoke in 2007 and Pompey have now slapped a £0.5m premium on his head, valuing him at about £5m.

The 32-year old Senegalese became increasingly frustrated sitting on the Anfield bench and demanded regular first-team football.

The fact that Benitez is absolutly cash-strapped, while Real Madrid is closing in on Xabi Alonso and Spanish rivals Barcelona is looking to lure Javier Mascherano, could see Diao getting another chance to prove his worth.

This just has to be a wind up. Just has to be. Has to be. To be. Be.

God I hate the summer

Found this on a Dutch site, and managed to translate it to English with Babelfish. Looks like we're going to portion out 25% of our budget on this upcoming Kuyt Characther. Good times!

Liverpool Rival Eredivisie Suitors For Feyenoords's Tim Vincken - Reporten

Heracles Almelo , Go-Ahead Eagles and Willem II Tilburg have large rival for the Dutch Wing forwards's signature, according to binnenbronnen…

According to a source at Anfield Road, it UK, was possible the English red machine giants Liverpool offering war for Feyenoords' to sparkle's time Vincken during the transfer window.

It has been broadly blamed that the likes of Heracles Almelo, Go-Ahead Eagles and Willem II Tilburg all sharp the 22 one people whose birthday it is in this season, to keep him in Netherlands.

But our informant presses that 'Der Reds' already Feyenoord concerning Vincken' contacted's availability this summer.

Tim Vincken has been boasted for altitude and weight, which 174 cm and 65 kilogrammes are, respectively, like for his good capacity in direction change whereas very rapidly running. He is therefore regarded by many as the New king Dirk Kuyt of Dutch football.

A lack of action in the 2008/2009 season made Vincken unhappy and he's to leave if chances are of playing time elsewhere larger is.

Whereas one thinks that the club of Rotterdam indeed of vleugel-vooruit juist-opgeruimd will profit, they will insist, apparently, on at least €6 millions (£5m).

Since joining Feyenoord in 2005, Vincken have noted one goal in 30 apparitions.

Salif_Diao.jpg

Click Here!

Thats some funny shit right there.

Found this on a Dutch site, and managed to translate it to English with Babelfish. Looks like we're going to portion out 25% of our budget on this upcoming Kuyt Characther. Good times!

I think I can confirm that Liverpool is actually out for Vicken. I myself live in Rotterdam and know people close to the club. Somethings going on alright! But the mentioned transfer fee was somewhere near £10M!!!1 :yes:

Vicken is indeed identical to Kuyt in playing style. He seldom dribbles the ball. He works hard and is no child or lady. (6)

Salif_Diao.jpg

Click Here!

surely not in a million years. didn't rafa read the gerrard autobiography?

surely not in a million years. didn't rafa read the gerrard autobiography?

CS Sedan Ardennes, Proletären FF, Deportivo Wanka, Al-Hilal and Manchester City

These might be a clue!!!!

Sedan Ardennes - zidane

96 million is mental! reina, cavalieri, insua, aurelio, dossenna, carra, agger, skrtel, degen, darby, arbeloa, yossi, kuyt, gerrard, masch, alonso, lucas, babel, riera and N'Gog cost about that.

We wont sign a top player again unless they say us or no one if this is the reality of the transfer market.

96 million is mental! reina, cavalieri, insua, aurelio, dossenna, carra, agger, skrtel, degen, darby, arbeloa, yossi, kuyt, gerrard, masch, alonso, lucas, babel, riera and N'Gog cost about that.

We wont sign a top player again unless they say us or no one if this is the reality of the transfer market.

No, it seems like it will be a summer of Distin, Tuncay, Tim Vincken, Diao and Tobias Hysén.

I think I can confirm that Liverpool is actually out for Vicken. I myself live in Rotterdam and know people close to the club. Somethings going on alright! But the mentioned transfer fee was somewhere near £10M!!!1 :yes:

Vicken is indeed identical to Kuyt in playing style. He seldom dribbles the ball. He works hard and is no child or lady. (6)

£10 millions! Are you sure it wasn't Euros? Still that's a lot of money for a player considered a prospect. I'd like for us to buy one-two really good players that would improve our starting eleven this summer, not a dross of squad players. Anyone agrees?