You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roque Santa Cruz

ReddOrDedd

12 million. 3 million less than the min value of Cruz.

And Keane was chuffed to bits as second striker sat on the bench. Or maybe you can remind me differently.

Keane cost us £12million... :whistle:

(If you're factoring in what we recouped for him, maybe that's closer to the mark.)

By the way, I'm not personally advocating we move for Santa Cruz - I'm actually quite indifferent about him - just saw the news and thought I'd throw it out there to see what people think.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Hughes has been covering for him ever since he had to help him out with his keep-ups in the first press conference. Flatters to deceive.

I'd rather go for Defoe as a backup striker as he's got used to sitting on the bench and is an excellent impact player and someone to mix things up when plan A isn't working.

Still don't think that position is a priority though; not for this summer anyway. Lion's share of the budget should be going on a right-sided player.

Mark Hughes has been covering for him ever since he had to help him out with his keep-ups in the first press conference. Flatters to deceive.

I'd rather go for Defoe as a backup striker as he's got used to sitting on the bench and is an excellent impact player and someone to mix things up when plan A isn't working.

Still don't think that position is a priority though; not for this summer anyway. Lion's share of the budget should be going on a right-sided player.

Let's see who's actually holding the budget strings come the window though, of course.

I reckon that any striker we may bring in as a support/back up has yet to appear on our forum radar, and probably currently plays in Spain or South America.

Defoe has only just returned to Spuds and will be going nowhere, Santa Cruz just ain't it, or worth anything like the money they'll want.

Jakub Blaszczykowski, Polish lad who plays for Dortmund: Jakub Blaszczykowski: Liverpool Close in on £7M Bundesliga Star Winger!

This is the first time that we have ever been linked with him and I'd be surprised if there is much substance to it. He might be one of several on a list of potentials, but for the money that Blackburn want for him, I'd steer well clear and I think Rafa will also. 17m+ for him is ridiculous. Even 10m is too much in my view.

Rafas list of 95 targets? No, he wasn't on it.

Anyone like me to post the list again?

Zarate for me sounds the more likely option considering how we play and what Rafa wants from the second striker i.e. be able to pull out like gerrard does etc Cruz wouldnt i doubt be able to do this at the pace or with the quality required. Zarate can also lead the line we would have to play in a different manner but i think we could do it.

Zarate, Kuba and then a full back and i think we would be sorted as then we could really bring through our younger players who seem to have a good enough quality for the back up striker. Or we could look to bring in Cruz as well as our back striker which maybe he would be rather a good buy for say what 7-10 mil at a push i would probably take it.

I'd consider if 10 or less. If I was a player at blackburn that replaced Mark Hughes with Paul Ince then Fat Sam I wouldnt be too happy either.

But I'd prefer Kevin Davies on the cheap, we'd have won the league by now if Rafa had followed my instructions and bought him this season.

Liverpool have been scouting and reporting to Benitez on Santa Cruz who would prefer Champions League football to what City could offer him as Blackburn prepare to launch a big money auction this summer.

Dear Rafa,

Today Roque mostly watched telly and had a sandwich. His positioning on the right side of the sofa was world class, as it allowed him to reach his tea on the coffee table.

----------

Excellent player, but injured too much, so would only really be worthwhile if he was a bargain, which he won't be.

Also, I agree with Tomarse, that we shouldn't be looking for a "back-up", we should be looking for someone capabale of challenging Torres.

Very good player, wouldn't be disappoint should he sign.

He'd also give us a more direct option, which we've lacked since Crouch.

Still think a top wide player should be the priority though.