You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Probably the most politically relevant show about the worlds post 9/11 point of view, but people refuse to acknowledge how good it is. Why? Puiely because of its name. Its my favourite show ever, and thses include shows like Sopranos/Wire/WW. Its the only show to win a Peabody.

Battlestar Galactica? The name is the only reason it isn't extremely popular.

PS DS9, if it was actually original and not a ripo off of a ST idea is better than B5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Im half way through the series one boxed set.

I quite like it - but that british fucking doctor needs twatting with a plank of wood.

He is the most irritating thing ive seen on any telly programme in ages.

Baltar? he's ace. The whole show is fantastic want to get the box sets and watch it again as im sure i have missed episodes. I havent seen the wire but after Soprano's its the best TV I have seen in years.

I haven't liked this second half of the last season as much as the previous ones, some of it has been a bit boring for me. I miss the fighting with the Cylons it just feels like it's been missing something in my opinion, hopefully the finale is good I'm sure it will be.

Season 3 and the first half of season 4 were brilliant, the second half of season 2 when they found the Pegasus was good as well.

Season 2 is by far the best, "Pegasus" is awesome, although the New Caprica rescue in early season 3 if fucking superb too.

People dismiss it because it's sci-fi, but there's no aliens in it. It's just a medium for telling a post 9/11 story.

Thanks Phily, reminds me I have to stop being a docile twat and start watching this, haven't seen one of them yet. Now that it's finished though I can go right from beginning to end, so that should be enough to get me starting on it.

Worst thing with these things is getting stuck at stupid and badly annoying end of season cliffhangers, and I'm glad I won't have to endure any with this.

It was a shit ending.

They attacked the cylon colony.

They stole the girl. They killed and nuked the cylons.

Then Starbuck jumped them to earth (proper earth not nuked earth)

They dumped their ships and spread themselves over the entire planet.

Starbuck turned out to be a ghost

The president died

Baltar and Number 6 saw each other in fantasies etc because they were angels

Skip forward 150,000 years and earth is at present day. They discover the young cylon/human cross breed was the first true human. Also the angels walk around saying that when man develops it always ends in a war between man and robot...but this time it might be different

Bollox.

It was a shit ending.

They attacked the cylon colony.

They stole the girl. They killed and nuked the cylons.

Then Starbuck jumped them to earth (proper earth not nuked earth)

They dumped their ships and spread themselves over the entire planet.

Starbuck turned out to be a ghost

The president died

Baltar and Number 6 saw each other in fantasies etc because they were angels

Skip forward 150,000 years and earth is at present day. They discover the young cylon/human cross breed was the first true human. Also the angels walk around saying that when man develops it always ends in a war between man and robot...but this time it might be different

Bollox.

An old *spoiler alert* would have been welcomed there bro...

I suspected all were cylons. Or I wanted the cylons to win.

I would have loved it if it ended and it was all a sim run in a computer. That would have seriously pissed people off..lol

As it was it was a bit of a non-event. The battle was great but the earth stuff was shit

I would have loved it if it ended and it was all a sim run in a computer. That would have seriously pissed people off..lol

As it was it was a bit of a non-event. The battle was great but the earth stuff was shit

I'm sure you will like the end of lost then, who knows what ending that will have but it will surely be something unexpected.

All of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.

It had come full circle, and had come to us as a society on the brink - are we worth of survival? Goes back to Adamas speech in the mini-series, but now it applies to us. Fantastic ending to a fantastic show.