You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fallout 3

Mr.SB

I hated Oblivion and I struggled to get into this (although I only gave it 7 days on and off). Everyone raves about it though so since it's so cheap at the moment I might buy it and see if I can break through the early game monotony.

I thought Oblivion was crap when I first got it, I played it for an hour then I didn't play it for months but once I got into it later I absolutely loved it and played it a hell of a lot.

The same goes for Fallout at first I though it was average but once Id done a few missions and got better weapons, better missions and better enemies to fights I thought it was great.

These types of RPG's you really have to play for a bit before they get you hooked.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished oblivion. It was ace, but all Bethesda games do have a learning curve which you have to go through.

Just started fallout 3 this weekend...

No idea if im gimped or not but did S4.P3.E5.C1.I9.A9.L9

Going ickle guns, repair and science mainly.

Finally picked this game up... just hit level 4 and am starting to get addicted.

I am s5.p7.e6.c4.i9.a6.l6, and going small weapons --- I am adding points to energy weapons, repair, science, lockpick, small weapons, big guns, and a point here and there in Medicine.

Picked up Intense Training Perception/Intelligence, and Comprehension so far...

After giving it another go I got to the final mission of the main story (don't start that if you want to do all the side missions) going evil by destroying Megaton and got bored so just started again tonight trying to stay the right side of the law.

It's hard going from levelled up tesslar armour/plasma rifle destruction to missing people with a 10mm.

Some days I spent hours just scavenging around the wastelands hunting super mutants and looting Enclave outposts just to amass a huge armoury.

After giving it another go I got to the final mission of the main story (don't start that if you want to do all the side missions) going evil by destroying Megaton and got bored so just started again tonight trying to stay the right side of the law.

It's hard going from levelled up tesslar armour/plasma rifle destruction to missing people with a 10mm.

Some days I spent hours just scavenging around the wastelands hunting super mutants and looting Enclave outposts just to amass a huge armoury.

I am trying to get all the bobbleheads, really, and reach lv 20. That is my current.

At 11, I am finding Deathclaws still very hard so I am staying away from them/places with them.

I've killed some mirelurks but wary to go into a mirelurk hunting spree.

I started another game, I'm up to level 14 almost all from side missions, I've only done a few of the main missions.

I've just been trying to do everything I didn't the first time round plus everything I did but Im being good this time not evil.

I found one of those bobble heads, I just stumbled upon it in some guys house on one of the side quests it was on the blood ties quest in a little place called Arefu

One way to max all your stats is to get the perk comprehension early on so that each skill book you read gives 2 points. Apparently there are 25 books for each skill so theoretically you could get 50 points in each as long as you can find them.

I didn't find all of them but including the bobbleheads, I managed to max out all my skills except the two hand-to-hand skills.

One way to max all your stats is to get the perk comprehension early on so that each skill book you read gives 2 points. Apparently there are 25 books for each skill so theoretically you could get 50 points in each as long as you can find them.

I didn't find all of them but including the bobbleheads, I managed to max out all my skills except the two hand-to-hand skills.

you maxed out all your skillzzzzzzz? This time I've just been maxing out the ones I know I need most like science and lockpick

I am trying to get all the bobbleheads, really, and reach lv 20. That is my current.

At 11, I am finding Deathclaws still very hard so I am staying away from them/places with them.

I've killed some mirelurks but wary to go into a mirelurk hunting spree.

I got lucky with my first death claw, as I was running away I ran into a group of brotherhood of steel outcasts, the death claw started fighting with them and once he'd killed them I used the vat to frag grenade his last bit of life.

Nice bonus of death claw hand, 3 sets of brotherhood power armour, 3 laser rifles, the xp and a few bottle caps/grenades.

Even at high levels I try to avoid the Mirelurks (especially Mirelurk hunters/kings) and Giant Rad Scorpions.

Oh and when you get dog meat as a pet careful where you leave him. I left him at the entrance to rivet city and a while later he disappeared never to be seen again.

I think I've lost him for good too. Sent him back to the Vault and now he's not there and I can't find the mofo anywhere.

I'm level ten at the moment and just doing loads of side missions and exploration. I'm guessing that Arefu bobblehead will be in the room that you have to lockpick to get at? You need 50 I think and I'm not there yet.

I think I've lost him for good too. Sent him back to the Vault and now he's not there and I can't find the mofo anywhere.

I'm level ten at the moment and just doing loads of side missions and exploration. I'm guessing that Arefu bobblehead will be in the room that you have to lockpick to get at? You need 50 I think and I'm not there yet.

You guessed correct.

You still avoid Mirelurks/Mirelurk Hunters/Kings, Cardie?? Why is that? I've been taking them out with three blasts from Ol' Painless.

I killed a Mirelurk Hunter a few hours ago, as well. Do you find them harder than Deathclaws?

Deathclaw anally raped Dogmeat and myself last time I ran into one by itself... but that was a few lvls ago.

You still avoid Mirelurks/Mirelurk Hunters/Kings, Cardie?? Why is that? I've been taking them out with three blasts from Ol' Painless.

They aren't hard to kill (death claws are definitely harder) but if I can escape from one without wasting ammo then I will. I'd rather have the extra ammo than a bit of Mirelurk meat (especially since I've been hoarding rad roach/mole/dog meat). Save it for the slavers, super mutants, raiders where a kill equals a good haul of weapons and ammo.

Rad Scorpions just piss me off, especially the Giant fuckers.

I've got the house in megaton this time around (before I restarted I blew it up so had tenpenny tower) and hoard everything in their so when I go out to complete missions I take the minimum amount of equipment (Recon Armour, Hunting Rifle or Auto Rifle, Scoped Magnum or Silenced 10mm, Combat Shotgun, Laser Pistol, 5 frag grenades, Baton and 5 Stim Packs) each time so I have plenty of room to collect everything on the way their.

You know that stimpaks weigh nothing right? I have 140 stimpaks on my guy.

I streamline my stuff as well and use the cabinet next to the bed as my gun case, really.

I get what you mean about the mirelurks and scorps and saving ammo. It didn't occur to me because I still have XP to learn.

I have only faced one giant radscorp so far and he was a fucking bitch to kill. Took like 6 or 7 shotgun shells, if I remember correctly.

Most of the aid weighs nothing, if I have lots with me I tend to get more gung ho and charge into things knowing I can just use 7 or 8 stim packs though.

Ah... I don't really like to charge into anything, as I like to pick things off with my V.A.T.S. from range.

I carry Ol' Painless, Chinese Assault Rifle, Combat Shotgun, and a Silenced 10mm for killing Radroaches.

VATS headshots are the way to go. For mirelurks, stare them down in the face until they're almost on you before a well-timed VATS pause and 2 combat shotgun blasts into their idiotic faces will settle it. Mines work very well against them too as they walk in a straight line towards you.

VATS headshots are the way to go. For mirelurks, stare them down in the face until they're almost on you before a well-timed VATS pause and 2 combat shotgun blasts into their idiotic faces will settle it. Mines work very well against them too as they walk in a straight line towards you.

Yeah, Deathclaws b-line for you as well... but my explosive skills aren't very good.

I usually crouch down and wait until they engage Dogmeat then three blasts to the face to take 'em down(mirelurks that is)

Oh and when you get dog meat as a pet careful where you leave him. I left him at the entrance to rivet city and a while later he disappeared never to be seen again.

If you lose Dogmeat you should be able to fast travel back to Vault 101 and he will be waiting there for you. If he dies mind you thats it and there is no way of getting him back

If you lose Dogmeat you should be able to fast travel back to Vault 101 and he will be waiting there for you. If he dies mind you thats it and there is no way of getting him back

Started again about 5 days ago, just getting back to the same position I was in although this time I've not gone to get dogmeat. Did read somewhere that he just wanders back to the vault but never got a chance to check.

Currently crawling through raven rock massively over encumbered because I'm picking up every scrap of enclave armour and weaponry I can lay my hands on.

There's a side mission called Rileys Rangers which is unlocked when your near the museum's and Lincoln Memorial by picking up a distress call on your radio. When you complete it you get given this armour which is all you ever need. Its superb compared to the stuff you get off the enclave, raiders etc The only problem being, to complete the mission you have to kill about 20 super mutants, maybe more but you get massive xp for doing it

I'm back to 1 hit kills on super mutants now so that's no problem, it's the T15 armour isn't it. Only problem with that armour is you can't repair it.

Once I'd got out of the Enclave base it took me about 2 hours to get to the closest locker, dump all the equipment/aid/weapons I'd taken and then ferry it back to megaton bit by bit.