You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AFC Liverpool

JustTosh

It’s been on Sky Sports and a number of radio stations, but I’ve not seen anyone mention it here. It looks like AFC Liverpool will be playing non league football next season. They've got a manager and hundreds of people met up for trials this Monday.

Are you lot supporting them? Are you going to watch them live? Do you oppose to the idea or do you simply say “Good luck, but I don’t give a toss”?

Personally I think it’s a great idea. I’ve been told the average age of the Anfield match goers are 43. Where are the young lads? About time someone brought football back to it’s roots IMO

Hasn't been on the forum cos it's nothin to do with Liverpool FC. Any association they try to make is bollocks.

Actually yeh, lets halve the ticket prices as they suggest, then we can play them twice a year in the Blue Square Shit-League. Yep, that's the route to success. Nobs.

I think their heart is in the right place. It is definitely not associated with LFC though. It's not a protest like the AFC United thing though. It's supposed to be complimentary to LFC, but LFC won't associate itself with it in a million years. Good thing too, as any shit emanating from this would then be thrown at the club.

How the fuck can anybody treat them with any malice?

Obviously they've got nothing to do with Liverpool FC but come on, it's just a bunch of fellas who at the end of the day, want to watch something with at least the same name as the club for an affordable price. I can't see the harm in that.

If we've got a free weekend or anything like that, I might even pop down and watch a match.

How the fuck can anybody treat them with any malice?

Obviously they've got nothing to do with Liverpool FC but come on, it's just a bunch of fellas who at the end of the day, want to watch something with at least the same name as the club for an affordable price. I can't see the harm in that.

If we've got a free weekend or anything like that, I might even pop down and watch a match.

Agreed, I'd watch them as well if I had a free weekend.

The name pisses me off, as does FC United of Manchester. They're trying to affiliate themselves with Liverpool and United, when they shouldn't in my opinion. They have nothing do with them and shouldn't use their name to link themselves in that way.

The exception to the rule is AFC Wimbledon, as their club was completely fucked over and doesn't exist anymore. If Wimbledon fans wanted to support Wimbledon, they had to form a new club.

The name pisses me off, as does FC United of Manchester. They're trying to affiliate themselves with Liverpool and United, when they shouldn't in my opinion. They have nothing do with them and shouldn't use their name to link themselves in that way.

The exception to the rule is AFC Wimbledon, as their club was completely fucked over and doesn't exist anymore. If Wimbledon fans wanted to support Wimbledon, they had to form a new club.

Seeing as they're Liverpool fans, I can't really think of anything better that they'd want to call the club.

Anyone know if there was any reduction in the FC United support once United started winning things again? Just wondering. Same for MK Dons but obviously different.

As for the name so long as it's in Liverpool they can call it what they want.

Seeing as they're Liverpool fans, I can't really think of anything better that they'd want to call the club.

It could go on forever though, every disgruntled Liverpool fan could set up their own team called AFC Liverpool or FC Liverpool or whatever. There is already a football club named after the city of Liverpool, any new teams should use a different name. In my opinion of course.

It could go on forever though, every disgruntled Liverpool fan could set up their own team called AFC Liverpool or FC Liverpool or whatever. There is already a football club named after the city of Liverpool, any new teams should use a different name. In my opinion of course.

They're harmless enough.

They make no connections to the history of Liverpool FC and they aren't exactly a threat to us. At the end of the day, it's just about a bunch of Liverpool fans wanting to watch regular football, from a team called "Liverpool" at least, at an affordable price.

The only thing they have in common with us that they share a very similar name as us and wear red shirts. That's about it.

I can't understand why people are getting so precious about it.

Hasn't been on the forum cos it's nothin to do with Liverpool FC. Any association they try to make is bollocks.

Actually yeh, lets halve the ticket prices as they suggest, then we can play them twice a year in the Blue Square Shit-League. Yep, that's the route to success. Nobs.

Bang out of order throwin insults around like that.

It's just a group of lads who have started a team based on what they'd like LFC to be like (affordable and accessable for fans). There not calling for people to boycott the proper team it's just an another option for anyone interested...

Right i'd go and watch them if i had a free weekend.

Anyone know if there was any reduction in the FC United support once United started winning things again? Just wondering.

In 05/06 they averaged just over 3000 at home and drew over 6000 for a game against Great Harwood Town. In 06/07 they averaged about 2500 for homes whilst this season that's down to roughly 2100.

Bear in mind that they have won promotion each season so far. If they carried on at their current rate (although this surely can't happen) they would play in League 2 for the 2012/2013 season. With gates of 142.