You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa tells Crouch to show loyalty

coop

Crouch is bound to be pissed off which you'd expect any player to be when they're down the pecking order with no reasonable hope of ever being any higher.

But, I'd hestitate to condemn the lad based on the prattlings of some sports writer, if he is getting a bit big for his boots - I'd imagine a large part of it is down to that coke snorting slapper he keeps around, who reportedly once said her ambition in life was 'to marry a footballer and live the high life'

Crouch is bound to be pissed off which you'd expect any player to be when they're down the pecking order with no reasonable hope of ever being any higher.

But, I'd hestitate to condemn the lad based on the prattlings of some sports writer, if he is getting a bit big for his boots - I'd imagine a large part of it is down to that coke snorting slapper he keeps around, who reportedly once said her ambition in life was 'to marry a footballer and live the high life'

I can see the logic behind the point you're making and it may well be true. However, you say you dont condemn Crouch based on whate some sports writer said (and I'm not saying you should), but you blame his girlfriend on something she reportedly said. its obvious you dont like her (I dont like nor dislike her) but I'm sure he's a big enough man to make his own decisions.

I dont necessarilly agree with the way Rafa has treated Crouch, but I do think that since he suddenly became a hero of the Ingerlund fans before the World Cup, I think that went to his head.

I can see the logic behind the point you're making and it may well be true. However, you say you dont condemn Crouch based on whate some sports writer said (and I'm not saying you should), but you blame his girlfriend on something she reportedly said. its obvious you dont like her (I dont like nor dislike her) but I'm sure he's a big enough man to make his own decisions.

I dont necessarilly agree with the way Rafa has treated Crouch, but I do think that since he suddenly became a hero of the Ingerlund fans before the World Cup, I think that went to his head.

Agreed I dont think he's been the same player since that point, his goal scoring has improved but his overall performances from that season have gone backwards

I think you hit the nail on the head there at the end Gaz but its related to the point about his mrs in a sense.

Since he joined the reds his story has been one of Rocky-esque proportions (or maybe 'Tommy Gun' from Rocky V might be more appropriate)

All of a sudden, and for the first time in his career, he's famous and no doubt has shit-loads of hangers on. He probably has as much experience handling his new lifestyle as any of us would if it happened overnight.

As well as being a nice guy, he also strikes me as being quite open, honest and naieve - open to manipulation and poison whispers. No facts to back that up like, just the impression I get.

I believe Crouch was a steping stone signing and i dont think he is as valuble an asset now as when he signed?

The Team and Squad have improved no end in that time.

In order for it to improve further, gaps have got to be created in that squad, for the quality to be added, in order to make that improvement.

With Kuyt & Torres ahead of him IMHO and Vorinin costing nothing that leaves him a standout.

He is an asset with a high retail value at the min, who could be moved out to allow either lets say Babel to progress as a striker or another signing to be made (with pace) with the money recieved.

I think he will be gone for a wide player on the left, either in Jan or in the Summer?

I think we have outgrown him now, though he will be a great signing for another side outside of the top 4.

Let him go to City and we will have Johnson or stick whatever money we have available in Jan together with any fee for Crouch and get a decent wide left player, who can beat a man and cross a ball, not much to ask for is it?

I believe Crouch was a steping stone signing and i dont think he is as valuble an asset now as when he signed?

The Team and Squad have improved no end in that time.

In order for it to improve further, gaps have got to be created in that squad, for the quality to be added, in order to make that improvement.

With Kuyt & Torres ahead of him IMHO and Vorinin costing nothing that leaves him a standout.

He is an asset with a high retail value at the min, who could be moved out to allow either lets say Babel to progress as a striker or another signing to be made (with pace) with the money recieved.

I think he will be gone for a wide player on the left, either in Jan or in the Summer?

I think we have outgrown him now, though he will be a great signing for another side outside of the top 4.

Let him go to City and we will have Johnson or stick whatever money we have available in Jan together with any fee for Crouch and get a decent wide left player, who can beat a man and cross a ball, not much to ask for is it?

I agree to you to a certain extent.

If money was no object id sell Voronin, Kuyt, Crouch, Benayoun, Kewell & probably Aurellio. However money is a major factor so Id probably keep all of them. Id say Crouch would be first on that list to go at this present time

Money is an object though Nick so it's a nonsense argument. A few weeks ago you said Voronin was brilliant and now he is being sold!

As I said though I'd sell Crouch but I don't think he has necessarily done that much worse than Kuyt - however Kuyt is far more mobile.

What we really need is someone who is technically gifted to play alongside Torres.

I believe Crouch was a steping stone signing and i dont think he is as valuble an asset now as when he signed? The Team and Squad have improved no end in that time.

Is correct. When we bought Crouch we just didn't have the finances to be buying players like Torres or Babel so Rafa had to be creative with both his signings and the way we played.

Now with greater resources we can buy greater players and play better football (more pleasing on the eye), which is why although having been a great servant to the club I believe we've 'outgrown' him.

We should have signed Luca Toni. Fucking hell, Bayern Munich bought him for a price right above what we paid for Crouch and he's scored three goals in four matches.

I don't care if he's 30, his career didn't really hit it off until 2003/2004 and he's still got some years of greatness, but unfortunately that ship has sailed for good.

We should have signed Luca Toni. Fucking hell, Bayern Munich bought him for a price right above what we paid for Crouch and he's scored three goals in four matches.

I don't care if he's 30, his career didn't really hit it off until 2003/2004 and he's still got some years of greatness, but unfortunately that ship has sailed for good.

Cudda, wudda, shudda. All very easy in hindsight

Personally think this Crouch situation is all a big storm in a tea-cup. As Rafa said, its a long season, with four competitions to play for. Rafa has always said he needs a big squad to be able to compete, and now he has that.

Its quite clear that if Rafa wanted rid of Crouch he could have made a tidy profit on him last summer, but he kept him. He's obviously in Rafa's plans!

Crouchy will get his chance, we are only a month in to the season for fuck sake!

Personally think anyone slagging him off is way out of order. His record is second to none and he has never caused the club any trouble or controversy in his time here. You never here him complaining or making demands, people should just see this story for what it is, a story! Journalists trying to fill paper space with a nothing story. Im yet to see any quotes from Pete or Rafa which suggest this is anything more than sensationalist bollocks from the newspapers