You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Random

Ezekiel 25:17

This is actually a bit of a running joke between a few mates. You're dead right "random" is inexplicably used in so many conversations. I remember being on the bus and there was a wee girl blabbering on her phone, honestly every couple of words "random" reared it's head.

I condemn the overuse of the word as a lack of intelligence, thus not enabling said person to actually describe the thing or situation.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is actually a bit of a running joke between a few mates. You're dead right "random" is inexplicably used in so many conversations. I remember being on the bus and there was a wee girl blabbering on her phone, honestly every couple of words "random" reared it's head.

I condemn the overuse of the word as a lack of intelligence, thus not enabling said person to actually describe the thing or situation.

Bump.

Adjective drought syndrome.

If you have a facebook account just click onto photos and see just how many people in the last few days have added 'Random' photos...

On the first page I can see three albums, there's...

"Random nights out"

"Random pics"

and the killer.. an album just called "Random"

Haha, I love those people who decide to upload various photos that they have on their phone or camera just for the sake of it. It is almost as though the world needs to see it

• 5 months later...

I once met a girl who was such an attention seeking moron she used to say stuff in the middle of someone elses conversation like and this is the only example i can remember... 'scrotum hair' and then a few seconds later after the two people who were actually in the conversation for the sake of conversing properely had stopped looking at her weirdly, she'd say 'Aren't I so random?? Hehehe'.

One of the closest times Ive ever come to punching someone Ive never spoken to.