You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

Paco

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to Spanish Fan on RAWK :

---

According to a poster on the Atletico forum one journalist whose name is Matallanas has said that Atletico Madrid are going to sell Torres to Liverpool after the demostration. One employee of the club was sent to the demonstration and has alredy told Gil Marin, the largest shareholder, that there were only about 200 people demonstrating.

---

Reds hit by Torres hitch

By PHIL THOMAS

June 27, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

LIVERPOOL’S record bid for Fernando Torres is being held up by the Atletico Madrid striker’s £2.5m pay-off clause.

Anfield chief Rafa Benitez has agreed to pay £25m for the 23-year-old Spanish international.

But Torres is entitled to 10 per cent of any fee and Atletico insist Liverpool should pay it.

The Premiership outfit are adamant the cash should come out of the transfer pot and want it knocked off the price.

But Atletico president Enrique Cerezo wants Torres’ full valuation to be met.

He said: “Every player has a price and if they pay the transfer clause there is nothing we can do to stop Torres leaving.

“But at the moment what is certain is that there is nothing going on with Torres and any other club.”

Benitez’ own agent Garcia Quilon is trying to broker a deal and Liverpool are confident they will get their man.

Torres, who has hit 82 goals in 212 games, is keen to move to England and is ready to tell Atletico he wants out in a bid to break the deadlock.

Liverpool would like to make it a players-plus-cash deal. They are ready to include Djibril Cisse and Luis Garcia in a bid to keep their financial outlay as low as possible.

Cisse, 25, who has been on loan at Marseille and is still interesting the French club, has a holiday home in Spain.

Garcia, 29, missed much of last season with a knee injury but was a huge hit in a spell at Atletico five years ago.

Reds hit by Torres hitch

By PHIL THOMAS

June 27, 2007

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

LIVERPOOL’S record bid for Fernando Torres is being held up by the Atletico Madrid striker’s £2.5m pay-off clause.

Anfield chief Rafa Benitez has agreed to pay £25m for the 23-year-old Spanish international.

But Torres is entitled to 10 per cent of any fee and Atletico insist Liverpool should pay it.

The Premiership outfit are adamant the cash should come out of the transfer pot and want it knocked off the price.

But Atletico president Enrique Cerezo wants Torres’ full valuation to be met.

He said: “Every player has a price and if they pay the transfer clause there is nothing we can do to stop Torres leaving.

“But at the moment what is certain is that there is nothing going on with Torres and any other club.”

Benitez’ own agent Garcia Quilon is trying to broker a deal and Liverpool are confident they will get their man.

Torres, who has hit 82 goals in 212 games, is keen to move to England and is ready to tell Atletico he wants out in a bid to break the deadlock.

Liverpool would like to make it a players-plus-cash deal. They are ready to include Djibril Cisse and Luis Garcia in a bid to keep their financial outlay as low as possible.

Cisse, 25, who has been on loan at Marseille and is still interesting the French club, has a holiday home in Spain.

Garcia, 29, missed much of last season with a knee injury but was a huge hit in a spell at Atletico five years ago.

Those quotes are a few days old. basically the story is made up and made to look genuine by twisting quotes to make them look like they apply to the fabricated story. Low stuff. What paper was that?

What the FUCK is a scum article doing on a Liverpool site? Twat.

your a twat you wouldn't of even known which paper it was from if i didnt say, i didnt even know when i got it i didnt get it from the Sun website.

Ive seen articles from the sun on here in the past. I know the sun is scum but it's just an article from the web, i didnt buy a newspaper from them and i never have ive never even read it me posting it here is not benefiting them or promoting them at all there isnt even any indication of where it is from except for the author.

your a twat you wouldn't of even known which paper it was from if i didnt say, i didnt even know when i got it i didnt get it from the Sun website.

Ive seen articles from the sun on here in the past. I know the sun is scum but it's just an article from the web, i didnt buy a newspaper from them and i never have ive never even read it me posting it here is not benefiting them or promoting them at all there isnt even any indication of where it is from except for the author.

Thats not the way it works A-G, we all read the BBC rumour column see that the s*n has published that rumour, I haven't checked, but if that article comes from their website, then the post needs deleting. Mods?

Read upon on the ban, there are plenty of old threads, If I had time I'd find one for you. Get educated on it then, follow the boycott accordingly.

Posting their article suggests it has some credibility. Nothing from that rag has any credibility and so therefor has no place on this or any other LFC forum. If you can't see that you're a fool.

that isn't a very good argument I'm afraid. zigackly was too quick off the mark with the twat comment as it could have been an honest mistake, but arguing that they don't benefit is sadly misguided. nothing of any worth is in that paper and anything from it should be treated with contempt. It was a load of bollocks anyway with old quotes, standard stuff from them.

Posting their article suggests it has some credibility. Nothing from that rag has any credibility and so therefor has no place on this or any other LFC forum. If you can't see that you're a fool.

like i said i didnt even know it was from the sun when i first got it, i just posted it because i saw someone refer to the 2.5 pay off thing and i saw the full article about it i wasnt saying it had credibility or not it is what it is.

People post articles that are full of bullshit all the time, i wasnt agreeing with the article or anything it's just an article i saw on Torres you can belittle it if you want i just dont think it's a big deal and ive definitely seen sun articles on here before so i didnt know it was such a bad thing.

jesus keep your knickers on girls. you can be a very sanctimonious bunch at times can't you? and I'm not a sun apologist don't you worry your pretty heads about that - I just wont call it the s*n, that's all.

Oh dear.

jesus keep your knickers on girls. you can be a very sanctimonious bunch at times can't you? and I'm not a sun apologist don't you worry your pretty heads about that - I just wont call it the s*n, that's all.

It bothers me that some reds just don't get what it's all about.