You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Horse racing

aws

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Worth a dabble ??

IMG-20210115-WA0002.jpg

Good luck with that, missed Van Dijk the other day, though Klopp has obliged a few times. Went for Rockley Point in 4.10, it can't get its nose in front but stuck with it. 

I've done Silk Tie in the 3.40, it was 33s last night and got 16s earlier, its now 11s.

3rd run this month last one 3 days ago. Evans in a bit of form too. 

Red Stripes another I've stuck with. Hope you get a result, looks good. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A golfer had also wandered onto the course when playing Pitch n Putt at an earlier date too. Who the fuck opens the golf course on the track at the same time as the horseracing?

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Gordon Elliott, the trainer of dual Grand National winner Tiger Roll, might be very, very fucked as a top tier trainer. The photo of him doing the rounds on social media is fairly awful. As is the statement he's released about it. 

I think it will pass over,but it does show how trainers view racehorses solely as vehicles for making them money. Not really a surprise.

7 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

I'm not so sure the likes of Cheverly Park studs will keep horses with him and then he is loosing all the Gigginstown ones soon. Who will give him horses?

He's a jumps trainer and hurdlers and chasers are horses which have already largely failed on the flat. There will be adverse publicity and probably a ban but he'll come back.

I got a few texts about him being involved in all sorts of shenanigans during lockdown in his own bar. He has the head of a pure thicko so fuck him if he does get done. That photo clearly showed the mark of the man. In it for the money first and foremost and fuck the animals.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

not sure what that has to do with it?

They are usually a step away from the glue factory anyway when they have finished on the flat and are often sold on to syndicates and small owners as they have no value at stud. Off come their bollocks and they are tried over jumps. I'm shocked people dont think these horses are viewed as simply pieces of meat by everybody within the sport except punters with romantic visions of horses 'galloping around open fields' rather than 'thrown into vats of glue and tins of pedigree chum.'

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

I'm not too sure about that when you think some of the horses he trains cost about 1/2 a mil, Envoi Allen was £400k, Elliot has just lost his deal with Betfair on the back of this. Some of the owners won't touch him now.

If we are talking specifically about him then obviously he will suffer but his attitude will not be uncommon within his industry. I remember about 20 years ago a scandal regarding Martin Pipe who ran his horses into the ground and raced them constantly to earn their prize money and cover their keep while treating them badly. Fuck all happened to him and he retired years later very successfully and simply handed his business to his son,David,who is a top trainer nowadays.

Guest Francie Brady
33 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I got a few texts about him being involved in all sorts of shenanigans during lockdown in his own bar. He has the head of a pure thicko so fuck him if he does get done. That photo clearly showed the mark of the man. In it for the money first and foremost and fuck the animals.

I have seen this referenced a few times in last two days but no specifics. What exactly are the rumours? 

I know nothing about horse race trainers and how they treat their horses but o read his explanation this morning having read a description of the photo but not having seen it.

his story reminded me a lot of the absolutely obviously untrue story of the accidental nazi salute by Wayne Hennessy.

48 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

He always comes across as a bit of a bellend.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That picture is fucking appalling. No excuse. Greedy disrespectful wanker 

Quite the turn of events that meant you just had to take a phone call while sitting, smiling, on a dead horse.

And why would you be putting two fingers up like that. Have you done it before...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuSEVdA9htpab4KlTHOG3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKEdTy3XcbmQRAcO6o_UM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTli4hNpDoEjpK6zXnrndG

39850660-9308249-image-a-5_1614473809783

Ahh, yes, that was it. In celebration.

What an absolute fucking cunt.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Quite the turn of events that meant you just had to take a phone call while sitting, smiling, on a dead horse.

And why would you be putting two fingers up like that. Have you done it before...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuSEVdA9htpab4KlTHOG3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKEdTy3XcbmQRAcO6o_UM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTli4hNpDoEjpK6zXnrndG

39850660-9308249-image-a-5_1614473809783

Ahh, yes, that was it. In celebration.

What an absolute fucking cunt.

Absolutely mate.