You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Players In Trouble On The Algarve?

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FarmersBoy
Basically, it sounds plausible but that doesn't mean it happened. Most likely something happened, that has been exaggerated by the reports.

If the allegations were about general drunked behaviour and not naming particular players AND containing no quotes, I'd agree with you.

But this names Bellamy and Riise, says Bellamy went into Riise's room (which he was sharing with Finnan) and hacked at his legs with a golf club at 2am.

How do you 'exaggerate' something like that?

Basically, it sounds plausible but that doesn't mean it happened. Most likely something happened, that has been exaggerated by the reports.

Why assume it`s been exaggerated? Why can`t some fans accept that some Liverpool players are not beyond reproach when it comes to bad behaviour? Looking at the players mentioned in the allegations most of them of certainly got previous i.e Bellamy, Fowler and Pennant.

Looks like the doubters amongst us have had our fears realised about the character of Bellamy and Pennant. Two supposed Liverpool fans dragging the Clubs name through the mud and two very ordinary footballers to boot. If true get shut ASAP.

If the allegations turn out to be false I wholeheartedly apologise to the above mentioned.

If the allegations were about general drunked behaviour and not naming particular players AND containing no quotes, I'd agree with you.

But this names Bellamy and Riise, says Bellamy went into Riise's room (which he was sharing with Finnan) and hacked at his legs with a golf club at 2am.

How do you 'exaggerate' something like that?

How many times have you read newspaper reports with quotes from unnamed sources? Something may well have happened but all the press need to do is throw in some quotes from unnamed sources and it makes their story a whole lot juicier. If they name their source however then thats a different matter.

Just read that filth of a rags report online and it's full of things like;

"An eye witness says the feuding Premiership stars"

"An inside source revealed"

"But our source said"

It also states Rafa pulled them apart, which contradicts the theory he was away.

Can we just leave this till the club makes a statement?

Guest FarmersBoy
Can we just leave this till the club makes a statement?

Wouldn't that be nice!

In fact, that would make my day today, to see a nice, prompt, outright and unequivocal denial that any of it is true from LFC. Especially given that, if they all flew home the day before yesterday, they've not been without an opportunity to do so.

But they have made a statement: "it will be dealt with internally"

Well that's alright then.

Wouldn't that be nice!

In fact, that would make my day today, to see a nice, prompt, outright and unequivocal denial that any of it is true from LFC.

But they have made a statement: "it will be dealt with internally"

Well that's alright then.

Where is the statement?

Guest FarmersBoy
Where is the statement?

Indeed, where the fuck is it? In a situation like this clearly the smart thing to do is to get out there and deny the entire thing as an outright fabrication and then, tomorrow, for everyone concerned to file suit against all of the papers who've defamed them.

I await with baited breath.

Meanwhile, Riise's agent is doing his bit to reassure us all:

Riise's agent Jan Kvalheim says he has spoken to the player about the Sunday newspaper allegations that is alleged to have occured during a club break in Portugal.

The News of the World reports allegations that Wales striker Bellamy clashed with Riise following a dispute during a night out in the Algarve resort of Vale do Lobo.

Kvalheim told Norwegian newspapers VG and Aften Posten that he has spoken to Riise and Liverpool but will be leaving any comment on the allegations to Liverpool.

Y'all feel better now, after that clear indication it's all a load of bollocks?

My take on it is something has definitely happened. No doubt it has been blown up somewhat.

The bottom line is on the brink of our biggest game of the season, certain players have shamed both themselves and the club.

Those involved should be fucked right off in the summer - end of.

I would love to be wrong but I think not.

Indeed, where the fuck is it? In a situation like this clearly the smart thing to do is to get out there and deny the entire thing as an outright fabrication and then, tomorrow, for everyone concerned to file suit against all of the papers who've defamed them.

I await with baited breath.

Meanwhile, Riise's agent is doing his bit to reassure us all:

Riise's agent Jan Kvalheim says he has spoken to the player about the Sunday newspaper allegations that is alleged to have occured during a club break in Portugal.

The News of the World reports allegations that Wales striker Bellamy clashed with Riise following a dispute during a night out in the Algarve resort of Vale do Lobo.

Kvalheim told Norwegian newspapers VG and Aften Posten that he has spoken to Riise and Liverpool but will be leaving any comment on the allegations to Liverpool.

Y'all feel better now, after that clear indication it's all a load of bollocks?

Where is the statement from the club that "It will be dealt with internally"?

You said it, I'm just asking where it is.

Haven't read all this thread - can't be arsed

I hope Bellamy has knocked some sense into the Ginger with a big 5 iron.

Been crap all season its a fair way to treat him

*See what I did there

Bellamy in rage attack is par for the course.