You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where will we finish

King Emlyn

3rd...

Theres only two teams that are better than us and more consistant and thats United and Chelsea. We may be shit now but we're more than capable of finding our feet at some point and going on a run...

Ya thgats pretty much spot on as arsenal look disdinctly average most of the time aswell.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest molbyscorchio
3rd...

Theres only two teams that are better than us and more consistant and thats United and Chelsea. We may be shit now but we're more than capable of finding our feet at some point and going on a run...

Based on what? There are at least 8 teams better and more consistent than us this season. You can't really believe we are better than Arsenal. That's madness. Did you not see what they did to us?

Guest molbyscorchio
3rd

We just made Arsenal look good. And btw, when is Henry going to pick up a serious injury? That would take care of Arsenal

Arsenal would have to lose half a team before we become better than them.

Guest molbyscorchio
Ya thgats pretty much spot on as arsenal look disdinctly average most of the time aswell.

Arsenal are not firing at the moment, but they're still miles better than we are.

Guest molbyscorchio
Still too early to say for sure, but it'll be somewhere between 4th and 2nd. The title is well gone and, even playing this badly, we're still better than sixteen of the other nineteen sides.

The results so far would appear to contradict your statement. Playing this badly, we're better than about half of the teams. If we continue to play this badly, we'll end up in around the same position.

The results so far would appear to contradict your statement. Playing this badly, we're better than about half of the teams. If we continue to play this badly, we'll end up in around the same position.

Our home form is equal to any other team. Yes we are not playing the way we would like or should. We will improve and finish in the top four.

Guest molbyscorchio
Our home form is equal to any other team. Yes we are not playing the way we would like or should. We will improve and finish in the top four.

Hope you're right, Sangria. I think we might get 4th, but it's a long way back from the sort of form we're showing away right now to the sort of form and belief we would need to get us there.

Guest molbyscorchio
5th maybe 6th.The manager look's clueless the Captain the same,the forwards don't know what the fuck is going on.The Goalkeeper is a nightmare,the right back is a crab,the left back is texting half the game

Infact the club looks totally fucked,we might win the Champion's League though.

:D Stop sitting on the fence atk.

I think we'll do very well to finish 4th.

Hope you're right, Sangria. I think we might get 4th, but it's a long way back from the sort of form we're showing away right now to the sort of form and belief we would need to get us there.

Spot on but we have to believe that the squad is good enough. I think our main problem is confidence, or lack of.

Everyone is looking at this or that Gerrard right or in the middle, rotation and all the rest.

We need to get back to basics and work our socks off and the rest will follow on. We look lost at the moment but we did this time last year as well.

We should pick our best eleven - injuries permitting - week in week out and hopefully it will all come good.

3rd

We just made Arsenal look good. And btw, when is Henry going to pick up a serious injury? That would take care of Arsenal

true

when arsenal was without him for a few games at the start , they where bottom 6 after 4 or 5 games.he comes back an look where they are now

an people like to call us a one man team :whistle:

anyway am still goin for 4th coz henry dont get injured that often!

we'll finish 3rd.... Arsenal are shit.

We'll finish 4th.... Arsenal are not shit.

See, here's Dave U starting threads about cleaning this place up when you've got quality, in depth debate right there.

Based on what? There are at least 8 teams better and more consistent than us this season. You can't really believe we are better than Arsenal. That's madness. Did you not see what they did to us?

This season is still in November and there is only a 5 point gap between us and third place, better than us and more consistant this season? A five point gap doesn't signal huge improvement in form in my book. Sides will soon fall away per usual in the premiership and the initial knee-jerking shite and reading too much into a league table that is still very tight either end, that is so common at this stage in a season will be followed by us finding some form of rythym that allows us to cement either 3rd or 4th...

Overall I think if we get our heads out of our arses we can be better than Arsenal...I personally didn't see anything at all special from them when they beat us, first half was cushy as fuck and second we fell apart defensively. Nothing from that game convices me we need to fear them...

Guest molbyscorchio
This season is still in November and there is only a 5 point gap between us and third place, better than us and more consistant this season? A five point gap doesn't signal huge improvement in form in my book. Sides will soon fall away per usual in the premiership and the initial knee-jerking shite and reading too much into a league table that is still very tight either end, that is so common at this stage in a season will be followed by us finding some form of rythym that allows us to cement either 3rd or 4th...

Overall I think if we get our heads out of our arses we can be better than Arsenal...I personally didn't see anything at all special from them when they beat us, first half was cushy as fuck and second we fell apart defensively. Nothing from that game convices me we need to fear them...

I suspect they saw even less that makes them fear us though.... They battered us, there's no getting away from it. Understand that, and then we might be able to have a debate about it. I was just making the point that we deserve to be where we are in the league. You think we'll find some change in form and improve while all the other teams fall away. What if most of them improve? I don't want to start an argument on this one, I just can't see where your complacency is coming from.

I suspect they saw even less that makes them fear us though.... They battered us, there's no getting away from it. Understand that, and then we might be able to have a debate about it. I was just making the point that we deserve to be where we are in the league. You think we'll find some change in form and improve while all the other teams fall away. What if most of them improve? I don't want to start an argument on this one, I just can't see where your complacency is coming from.

If they battered us mate then how did Reina get through most of the game having to do nothing?

We were shite but they hardly battered us.

i think 4th is the best we can hope for ,i know arsenal have not had great results at home but they have been creating lots of chances,plus i think their squad has more potential than ours,the real worry will be if some at eufa get their way and we only get 3 teams the year after next that could cause us major problems

Guest molbyscorchio
If they battered us mate then how did Reina get through most of the game having to do nothing?

We were shite but they hardly battered us.

what score was it Stu? how much ball did we see in the game? What other criteria would you like to measure the game on? It was so one sided it was embarrassing. If the roles had been reversed, we'd all be on here saying we battered Arsenal, and no-one would be saying 'no we didn't'. Apart from Cardie.