You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2024

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

No - not for me.

I just feel nothing for it and never have.

My only concern this summer is for the fitness of likes of VVD etc.

I fell in love with football watching Liverpool FC - I have never understood or felt anything for international football.

Different strokes and all that of course...

@Smell The Glove - i really won't....trust me.

I have zero interest in international football but I'll still be watching. A lot of that is because of what I do but I'd still watch games regardless, it's football.

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The France shirt is a nice nod to the past, but I preferred them with FFF under the more stylised cockerel, like on the '82 shirt.

Yeah, it's got the big cock on it. Like it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

I have zero interest in international football but I'll still be watching. A lot of that is because of what I do but I'd still watch games regardless, it's football.

So is Salford v Macclesfield - but I wouldn't want to watch that.

To each his own and all that of course 

@3 Stacks you mentioned lineage....I have an Irish Grandmother and a Welsh Grandmother.

Have either qualified?

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

@3 Stacks you mentioned lineage....I have an Irish Grandmother and a Welsh Grandmother.

Have either qualified?

Good luck with that. At least two leagues apart. 

59 minutes ago, an tha said:

I have zero connection to it.

I am not in the tiniest bit patriotic, was never patriotic as a kid and have always been same and frankly I absolutely despise the bullshit that is attached to the Ingerlund team via the media et al.

I am also hostile towards that whole thing anyway because of the attitudes of masses of other clubs fans and large swathes of the country/media from outside of Liverpool  towards Liverpool and Liverpool FC.....All the well documented shite that we all know - am I then just to forget it all and stand arm in arm and shoulder to shoulder with those people for Ingerlund......Sorry but fuck off (them not you)

So given all that and the way international football is increasingly negatively impacting the club game, I just have no time for it and find myself totally disconnected from it - except for the feelings outlined above, all of which are strong and deeply ingrained.

watch that programme about the final on netflix.

it will totally change your mind  

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

Have either qualified?

OK we get it. You're the coolest supporter out there. 

I don't think the England team is anywhere near as dislikeable as the John Terry / Beckham lot and as for the fans, there are nobheads everywhere even amongst our support. I don't think they will win it because of Southgate's cautious tactics and expect it will be between France and Germany for the winners. 

• Upvote 1

there are only so many times you can watch english tragically crash out on penalties and laugh about it for weeks.

I dont even mind half the players, its the bullshit that goes with it.

sadly I will think they will win this,with the players they have got.

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I don't think the England team is anywhere near as dislikeable as the John Terry / Beckham lot and as for the fans, there are nobheads everywhere even amongst our support. I don't think they will win it because of Southgate's cautious tactics and expect it will be between France and Germany for the winners. 

its not..some of the players are quite likeable.

especially the stance they took over taking the knee against the pm, lets not forget.

its just everything else..

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

As Arnie indicates above, doesn't matter who plays. 

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

there are only so many times you can watch english tragically crash out on penalties and laugh about it for weeks.

I dont even mind half the players, its the bullshit that goes with it.

sadly I will think they will win this,with the players they have got.

They won't win it. The defence is as bad as the attack is good.

1 hour ago, Binomial said:

Oh aye, the "hoping England win just to piss off the anyone but England camp" sounds so much more fun. Can I be part of that camp instead? *insert rolling eyes emoji*

Aggro on the forum is a fine reason for supporting something.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Of course you can.

Just take the broomstick out of your arse first.

So, this is you admitting that you used to have a broomstick stuck up your arse.

Because, logically, if the defining act of admission to said club is taking a broomstick out of one’s arse, then one must have had a broomstick shoved up one’s arse in the first place.

Babb’sBroomstickArse.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, an tha said:

No - not for me.

I just feel nothing for it and never have.

My only concern this summer is for the fitness of likes of VVD etc.

I fell in love with football watching Liverpool FC - I have never understood or felt anything for international football.

Different strokes and all that of course...

@Smell The Glove - i really won't....trust me.

You didn’t watch and like the World Cup as a kid?

It used to be boss with amazing players you’d never heard of before. 86 was the first real one for me, although I vaguely remember bits of 82, particularly the Italy Brazil 3-2 and NI beating Spain.

86 had the cool Denmark team, Josimar belting one past Pat Jennings, Maradona… magic.

• Upvote 2