You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2024

6 minutes ago, Binomial said:

Oh aye, the "hoping England win just to piss off the anyone but England camp" sounds so much more fun. Can I be part of that camp instead? *insert rolling eyes emoji*

Of course you can.

Just take the broomstick out of your arse first.

5 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Portugal/Kane top scorer double

I think Portugal as well. Bobby Brown shoes has got them playing some good stuff to their strengths, ie attacking. 

If folks wanted Man City to win the league to avoid the love in over Arsenal winning the league, just consider how wonderful the England win the Euro's love in will be. 

Feel sick just thinking about it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

If folks wanted Man City to win the league to avoid the love in over Arsenal winning the league, just consider how wonderful the England win the Euro's love in will be. 

Feel sick just thinking about it. 

It’s easily avoided though, isn’t it? I didn’t watch any of the 2022 World Cup as December is for mince pies and Quality Street, not international footy tournaments. Ignoring it couldn’t have been easier.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

As if Norway are a one man team, pffftt.

Hang on a minute. How the fuck are Georgia there despite them finishing a place below Norway in the qualifiers? 

8 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Anyway, the new international kits are shit. All of them.

This is true. The Adidas ones look particularly bad. They need to go back to the trefoil logo. Loads of absurdly large national badges too, with the placement looking weirdly high.

Austria away would be nice without the dashes of blue. Portugal home and England away are probably the best.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

The friendlies and made up tournaments like the Nations League are dogshite. 

If you don't like the Euros or World Cup, though, you're simply a malcontent.

I have zero connection to it.

I am not in the tiniest bit patriotic, was never patriotic as a kid and have always been same and frankly I absolutely despise the bullshit that is attached to the Ingerlund team via the media et al.

I am also hostile towards that whole thing anyway because of the attitudes of masses of other clubs fans and large swathes of the country/media from outside of Liverpool  towards Liverpool and Liverpool FC.....All the well documented shite that we all know - am I then just to forget it all and stand arm in arm and shoulder to shoulder with those people for Ingerlund......Sorry but fuck off (them not you)

So given all that and the way international football is increasingly negatively impacting the club game, I just have no time for it and find myself totally disconnected from it - except for the feelings outlined above, all of which are strong and deeply ingrained.

21 minutes ago, Binomial said:

Hang on a minute. How the fuck are Georgia there despite them finishing a place below Norway in the qualifiers? 

Through the Nations League.

By winning the 2022–23 UEFA Nations League C Group 4, getting promoted to 2022–23 UEFA Nations League B, and qualified for their second-ever play-off berth.[17][18][19] Georgia won 2–0 against Luxembourg, earning them a spot in the final of the UEFA Euro 2024 qualifying play-offs.[20][21] They defeated Greece 4–2 on penalties after a 0–0 draw in the playoff final, which guaranteed Georgia's qualification for Euro 2024 and their first ever international tournament

One for the shitness of modern football! 

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

I have zero connection to it.

I am not in the tiniest bit patriotic, was never patriotic as a kid and have always been same and frankly I absolutely despise the bullshit that is attached to the Ingerlund team via the media et al.

I am also hostile towards that whole thing anyway because of the attitudes of masses of other clubs fans and large swathes of the country/media from outside of Liverpool  towards Liverpool and Liverpool FC.....All the well documented shite that we all know - am I then just to forget it all and stand arm in arm and shoulder to shoulder with those people for Ingerlund......Sorry but fuck off (them not you)

So given all that and the way international football is increasingly negatively impacting the club game, I just have no time for it and find myself totally disconnected from it - except for the feelings outlined above, all of which are strong and deeply ingrained.

Couldn't you just watch matches as a neutral or if you have lineage from another country, root for them?

Obviously, the thing that stinks are the friendlies. Those shouldn't exist. I think everyone except international managers would agree with that, but it is what it is. Those matches are easy to ignore.

But the big international tournies are often when people fall in love with the game or get introduced to it. 2006 World Cup for me.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

This is true. The Adidas ones look particularly bad. They need to go back to the trefoil logo. Loads of absurdly large national badges too, with the placement looking weirdly high.

Austria away would be nice without the dashes of blue. Portugal home and England away are probably the best.

Actually, asymmetrical v-neck aside, I like the France home shirt. The huge badge is reminiscent of the one they had decades ago. The new Adidas template is far too busy.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Couldn't you just watch matches as a neutral or if you have lineage from another country, root for them?

Obviously, the thing that stinks are the friendlies. Those shouldn't exist. I think everyone except international managers would agree with that, but it is what it is. Those matches are easy to ignore.

But the big international tournies are often when people fall in love with the game or get introduced to it. 2006 World Cup for me.

Haha he'll be watching, make no mistake. 

Its probably one for the getting older thread, but i havent a clue.

There was a time i would have a sticker book for weeks in advance, know all of the squads and know who was any good.

Now, even if you told me who is in all the squads, i couldn't tell you who they played for or if they were any good. For example i could tell you more players from the Czech Euro 2000/2004 teams than i could the current France squad.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I've been on holiday in Prague and Amsterdam, so Czechs and Neds then. Sadly, Goa didn't qualify.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No - not for me.

I just feel nothing for it and never have.

My only concern this summer is for the fitness of likes of VVD etc.

I fell in love with football watching Liverpool FC - I have never understood or felt anything for international football.

Different strokes and all that of course...

@Smell The Glove - i really won't....trust me.

7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Actually, asymmetrical v-neck aside, I like the France home shirt. The huge badge is reminiscent of the one they had decades ago. The new Adidas template is far too busy.

The France shirt is a nice nod to the past, but I preferred them with FFF under the more stylised cockerel, like on the '82 shirt.