You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 4 Chelsea 1 - Match Reaction

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm sure Chris is a nice bloke in real life, but fuck me who comes across as a proper knob when bitching about Darwin.  So much for Not walking alone.  
Aside from that, good pod.  Lets twat Arsenal now.  

Ok, mate. I take your point on board. I had a dig about Dave having to watch the pen because the Darwin goals are so rare. Again, in jest, and largely in keeping with previous back-and-forth. And we disagreed on whether the header against the bar was a sitter or not. 

However…

“Darwin had some nice efforts, hit the woodwork twice, ended up being four, which is remarkable but consistent.”

”Darwin steps up to take the pen Dave… you look at how Darwin started the game. He deserved a goal, he was irresistible and it was one of his best overall performances for us. He was electric. He seemed unstoppable unless you’re a 24ft by 8ft white post. He stepped up to take the pen and I thought great, let’s get him a goal but he sends the keeper the wrong way and hits the post.”

I’m a proper knob in real life, but I think I’m pretty fair on the podcast. I try to encourage a bit of balance when hosting. Said this before but any criticism of Nunez next sounds much worse than it is when the force of nature that is Dave is on the other end of the mic. I’ve never known anyone more accomplished at getting his point in such a manner that you think “he must be right. There’s so much conviction” even when a lot of the evidence points elsewhere. 

I honestly fucking love Darwin. But I’ll be a little more mindful of how it’s coming across when I’m less complimentary. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Great a pod again. Here's a question for Dave, against arsenal we get 5 good chances all falling to Darwin or we get 2 good chances, both fall to Jota. What option you taking?

By good I mean a chance a top striker would expect to score more often than not.

@ChrisI never download, does that feed into your numbers?

I think all listens/downloads feed into the numbers mate, but podbean is pretty vague. 

47 minutes ago, Chris said:

Ok, mate. I take your point on board. I had a dig about Dave having to watch the pen because the Darwin goals are so rare. Again, in jest, and largely in keeping with previous back-and-forth. And we disagreed on whether the header against the bar was a sitter or not. 

However…

“Darwin had some nice efforts, hit the woodwork twice, ended up being four, which is remarkable but consistent.”

”Darwin steps up to take the pen Dave… you look at how Darwin started the game. He deserved a goal, he was irresistible and it was one of his best overall performances for us. He was electric. He seemed unstoppable unless you’re a 24ft by 8ft white post. He stepped up to take the pen and I thought great, let’s get him a goal but he sends the keeper the wrong way and hits the post.”

I’m a proper knob in real life, but I think I’m pretty fair on the podcast. I try to encourage a bit of balance when hosting. Said this before but any criticism of Nunez next sounds much worse than it is when the force of nature that is Dave is on the other end of the mic. I’ve never known anyone more accomplished at getting his point in such a manner that you think “he must be right. There’s so much conviction” even when a lot of the evidence points elsewhere. 

I honestly fucking love Darwin. But I’ll be a little more mindful of how it’s coming across when I’m less complimentary. 

I just look at Darwin and see a player their trying his damndest for the team and think think back to some of the absolute shite that's worn the red since 1990 and it saddens me Darwin is copping so much flack and he's busting a gut when cunts like Ruddock, Dicks, Voronin, Balotelli did far less.  I do enjoy the pods & I can see where your coming from, just disheartens me that he's getting so much flack from LFC fans. He's way better than the danish lad the mancs have got & I see very little in the press about him yet there's narrative that Darwin is a flop.  Meh, opinons huh.  Everyone's got one and they all usually stink

Another enjoyable pod. When the talk was about Trent not having the type of game Bradley just had, Chris did well to point out recency bias.

Trent certainly has had a few games in which his display has been completely dominant defensively and offensively. Most memorably in the 4 nil win at Leicester right after the club World Cup in 2019. Assisted twice and scored in that game. Back then, he was just a few months older than Bradley's current age too. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

I just look at Darwin and see a player their trying his damndest for the team and think think back to some of the absolute shite that's worn the red since 1990 and it saddens me Darwin is copping so much flack and he's busting a gut when cunts like Ruddock, Dicks, Voronin, Balotelli did far less.  I do enjoy the pods & I can see where your coming from, just disheartens me that he's getting so much flack from LFC fans. He's way better than the danish lad the mancs have got & I see very little in the press about him yet there's narrative that Darwin is a flop.  Meh, opinons huh.  Everyone's got one and they all usually stink

I guess you're conflating me teasing Dave with me giving Darwin flack. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dave u said:

If I have to defend him too regularly, the only conclusion to be drawn from it as is that there are lots of knobheads out there. What other conclusion can there be? 

apparently 1 in every 3 people are knobheads, so which is it out of today pod?

4 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Another enjoyable pod. When the talk was about Trent not having the type of game Bradley just had, Chris did well to point out recency bias.

Trent certainly has had a few games in which his display has been completely dominant defensively and offensively. Most memorably in the 4 nil win at Leicester right after the club World Cup in 2019. Assisted twice and scored in that game. Back then, he was just a few months older than Bradley's current age too. 

I think I said "has Trent ever had a better game than that?" not that he hasn't played as well as that. I also said he's been the best right back in the world for five years or so.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

apparently 1 in every 3 people are knobheads, so which is it out of today pod?

I'll say me. Just not where Darwin is concerned, as I'm right on that.

Also, it's unfair that Chris is getting flak for anything he said about Darwin on this one. He was entirely complimentary, the only disagreement we had really was on the header and how easy the chance was and how bad a miss it was. 

2 hours ago, TheBitch said:

There it is.

The Stacksy seal of approval, lads; I’d be happy with that. 

Used the expression "your guys" though, which is completely unacceptable and negates anything nice he said after it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Supremolad said:

I dont download but I always use Spotify to listen to the podcast. Hope they also feed into the numbers.

It defo does. Any time it is played / downloaded on any platform, podbean records it.

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Hearing Jurgen has revealed that Darwin was injured during the game on Wednesday and blamed Chris.

He's fine, he trained today. I donated my foot for him to use instead of his swollen one, so expect him to be more clinical now.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dave u said:

I'll say me. Just not where Darwin is concerned, as I'm right on that.

Also, it's unfair that Chris is getting flak for anything he said about Darwin on this one. He was entirely complimentary, the only disagreement we had really was on the header and how easy the chance was and how bad a miss it was. 

I’m in Camp-Chris anyway on this. 

Nunez is like that mate who can be a bit of a dick on a night out and sometimes causes issues making you think he’s more trouble then he’s worth, but then does something hilarious or dead sound that reminds you that you love him and no night out is ever as good if he’s not there. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I'm sure Chris loves Darwin, he's just got Dave in his face playing the annoying older brother. If you don't love Darwin then really you've got no soul.

Fixed that, otherwise it was spot on.

7 hours ago, No2 said:

Great a pod again. Here's a question for Dave, against arsenal we get 5 good chances all falling to Darwin or we get 2 good chances, both fall to Jota. What option you taking?

By good I mean a chance a top striker would expect to score more often than not.

This is a good question. Tricky to answer though because "good chances" is too vague where Nunez is concerned. There are situations I'd back him and situations I wouldn't, whereas I'd back Jota in pretty much all situations.

I'd need to know exactly what kind of chances for me to choose Darwin, so i guess the answer I'm pencilling in is Jota for the time being.

What I would say though is it is inevitable that at some point there is going to be a game when all five chances go in. Would be nice if it was Sunday!

12 minutes ago, dave u said:

He's fine, he trained today. I donated my foot for him to use instead of his swollen one, so expect him to be more clinical now.

Could that golf clinic come up with some slightly adjusted boots which take  a 1% edge off every shot? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

He's way better than the danish lad the mancs have got & I see very little in the press about him yet there's narrative that Darwin is a flop.

I don't think this is the case anymore. Last season it was, maybe the beginning of this season too, but generally the media take on him is that he's playing well and eventually the goals will start to come more frequently. The pundits all speak highly of him, especially the strikers who all love him. The likes of Wrighty, Shearer and Lineker have always stuck up for him to be fair and said they like him.

There's too much buying into the "he's ok when he doesn't have time to think" narrative but generally it's positive. It's mostly social media knobheads looking for clout who are still banging the 'flop' drum.

6 minutes ago, aws said:

Could that golf clinic come up with some slightly adjusted boots which take  a 1% edge off every shot? 

He'd need what's known as 'draw bias' technology. Most of his shots hit the right hand post, so it would just bring it inside a fraction. Not sure it would work on his forehead though.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, dave u said:

On an unrelated note, since swapping feet with Darwin I've walked into the leg of the table twice and just banged my head on the frame of the door.

• Haha 4

• dave u unpinned this topic