You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: The inquest into what happened with the officials at Spurs

tlw content

Klopp took the team down to the Kop to celebrate a 2-2 draw with WBA.  It was laughed at by many but it was the start of something special.  It really is no concern of ours, I've no idea why a big deal is being made out of what Tottenham done after the game.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, No2 said:

Klopp took the team down to the Kop to celebrate a 2-2 draw with WBA.  It was laughed at by many but it was the start of something special.  It really is no concern of ours, I've no idea why a big deal is being made out of what Tottenham done after the game.

Because it involved Robbie Williams.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Em City said:

'Who made Gary Neville the Prime Minster of football?" 

Neville did, in his own head. A total moron who mistakes his turd opinions for nuggets of gold.

Yeah I fucking laughed at that. His small mind hasn’t a clue at how to think outside the box and see the bigger picture.

It's noteworthy how the hacks are circling their wagons around the idea that there is a right way of approaching this which, while not specifying what the 'right' way is, Liverpool are not following so have lost the right to object. The British press - punching down since the year dot.

epigram-british-journalist.jpg

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, deiseach said:

It's noteworthy how the hacks are circling their wagons around the idea that there is a right way of approaching this which, while not specifying what the 'right' way is, Liverpool are not following so have lost the right to object. The British press - punching down since the year dot.

epigram-british-journalist.jpg

That was always going to happen if we kicked up a fuss.

That’s why I thought we should stay quiet publicly but progress things behind the scenes.

I’m glad that we have demanded the audio, it’s unbelievable that this wasn’t released immediately.

The commentators hear the VAR audio live so there’s nothing to hide when it comes to them saying “check complete”, that’s obviously what happened.

We want the audio for the 5 minutes after that, it’s more important than the actual moment itself. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry @Brownie but the club do have to make a stand now. Whilst I understand your viewpoint that nothing will change, we have to go down swinging. What the fuck have we got to lose? Every fuck up now needs to be amplified and contrasted with the amount of mistakes made against other top 6 teams. Say it and say it again. Every opportunity. And then take the fine. You can either curl up into a ball after one dig or stand up and take dig after dig with defiance. I kmow what I'd rather do.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Sorry @Brownie but the club do have to make a stand now. Whilst I understand your viewpoint that nothing will change, we have to go down swinging. What the fuck have we got to lose? Every fuck up now needs to be amplified and contrasted with the amount of mistakes made against other top 6 teams. Say it and say it again. Every opportunity. And then take the fine. You can either curl up into a ball after one dig or stand up and take dig after dig with defiance. I kmow what I'd rather do.

When Klopp did that with Tierney, it ended up hurting us and it’s still hurting us now.

This unconscious bias that has been created has been screwing us over for months now and it shows no sign of stopping.

If I had any confidence that us kicking off would change it then why would I not want that?!

I still think fuck all meaningful will happen and all i’ve been hearing all day today is about the crying scousers again.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Brownie said:

When Klopp did that with Tierney, it ended up hurting us and it’s still hurting us now.

This unconscious bias that has been created has been screwing us over for months now and it shows no sign of stopping.

If I had any confidence that us kicking off would change it then why would I not want that?!

I still think fuck all meaningful will happen and all i’ve been hearing all day today is about the crying scousers again.

We weren't in a position of strength then, Klopp fucked up with the timing of it. We have them by the balls this time, it's definitely now or never.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Exactly. We've been getting fucked over ever since we became a credible option for champions, not just since the Klopp / Tierney incident (you can even go back to some of the decisions in the 2013-14 season). They're still going to do it regardless. I'd rather speak out and get louder and louder than just take it - especially if, as you say, it shows no sign of stopping. Despite what you read from some Twitter accounts, there is a groundswell of support for our stance on this. Shit, even Goldbridge is behind us. If they keep fucking us over, then it (whatever it is - corruption, bias, incompetence - whatever) will become even more apparent. We cant just sit idly by anymore. That time has gone.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Exactly. We've been getting fucked over ever since we became a credible option for champions, not just since the Klopp / Tierney incident (you can even go back to some of the decisions in the 2013-14 season). They're still going to do it regardless. I'd rather speak out and get louder and louder than just take it - especially if, as you say, it shows no sign of stopping. Despite what you read from some Twitter accounts, there is a groundswell of support for our stance on this. Shit, even Goldbridge is behind us. If they keep fucking us over, then it (whatever it is - corruption, bias, incompetence - whatever) will become even more apparent. We cant just sit idly by anymore. That time has gone.

And what are you hoping for at the end?

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I don't care. If, as you say, nothing happens then at least the curtain on this shitshow is drawn back a little.

I've posted in other threads, I'm too old to be arsed by footy scores any more - win or lose. But something about this game triggered a sense of injustice I've not felt before (without bringing politics into it anyway). I'm pragmatic enough to know that in all likelihood nothing will change. But if we drag enough powerful teams into this, then any change is good change. Starting with live transmission of VAR conversations would be good.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I don't care. If, as you say, nothing happens then at least the curtain on this shitshow is drawn back a little.

I've posted in other threads, I'm too old to be arsed by footy scores any more - win or lose. But something about this game triggered a sense of injustice I've not felt before (without bringing politics into it anyway). I'm pragmatic enough to know that in all likelihood nothing will change. But if we drag enough powerful teams into this, then any change is good change. Starting with live transmission of VAR conversations would be good.

The live transmission is going to happen anyway, that’s a natural evolution of the process and has always been on the cards.

That wouldn’t have changed the outcome here, we’d have just got to hear their incompetence live rather than 3/4 days later.

I’m interested in tangible change otherwise everything else is just noise, but then I don’t even know what tangible change would entail? If everyone gets sacked they just get replaced with more idiots, but ones who have just seen their mates sacked.

Just now, Brownie said:

The live transmission is going to happen anyway, that’s a natural evolution of the process and has always been on the cards.

I’m interested in tangible change otherwise everything else is just noise.

Fuck it, it's a noise we need to make after that game. No other top team has been screwed like we have in my lifetime.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Brownie said:

What is there to lose? Do you think it can get worse?  

Once we're at the point of expecting to be fucked over every week, as I reckon we now are both players and fans, might suggest it can't really get worse.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Fuck it, it's a noise we need to make after that game. No other top team has been screwed like we have in my lifetime.

Every team thinks the same. Stephane Henchoz says hi and all that.

What is beyond doubt is that we have been getting screwed for the last few months.

The standard of refereeing at Anfield since the Tierney stuff is mind boggling, to the point where it’s clearly a reaction to Klopps behaviour.

We need that shit to stop because it’s costing us. I think getting their mates sacked won’t achieve that, in fact it will make it worse.

They have fucked up so much this time that we can let them hang themselves to the point where we can move on from them getting their own back.

That’s my overall point.

I’m interested in us getting out of this spiral of shit, less interested in swinging our dicks for the sake of it.

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

What is there to lose? Do you think it can worse?  

Once we're at the point of expecting to be fucked over every week, as I reckon we now are both players and fans, might suggest it can't really get worse.

If we get their mates sacked, it at least stays as it is but probably does get worse, yeah.

The bit I’m unsure of though is if it leads to Webb losing his job and then systemic change and a big massive reset.

If that happens and we see a change in this pattern of us getting screwed (not by calls like this one but the subjective ones) then sound, I will hold my hands up at that point and say we were right to go nuts.

I don’t even think we have btw, we just issued a statement.

I’m interested to see what we do next.

• dave u unpinned this topic