You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: All in on Jude, Virgil under fire, our wildest goal celebrations, Everton relegation vs Top 4 & City preview

dave u

2 hours ago, Chris said:

It's constant...

I played every Thursday night with him for 2-3 years and didn't see anything that resembled the Curtis finish. There was some tidy stuff, some neat give and goes, silky touches and some deft and skilfull finishes, but this legend has grown beyond its means.

I blame John G for enabling it. 

If these "Usher specials" do exist they, incredibly, must have all happened after I left the city. 

Same. So it happened after I moved away as well; something fishy about this tbh.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dave u said:

Most of the magic happened when he was no longer around to see it. Much like the Champions League final celebrations...

I was fuming for yous when I heard that, talk about buzz kill!

Really enjoyed that listen, thanks fellas.

• Upvote 2

You were also drunk 90% of the time between 09/12 so let's not forget that. Plus you were a defender, so do doubt on the receiving end of plenty of them. It's probably PTSD, you might need to get some help for that. John G will be happy to refresh your memory, he's like Rainman and has got a vivid recollection of every goal I scored. He created half of them.

@Folle can clear this up if he's a big enough man. One of the first things he said to me when we met on the day of the CL final back in May was "I scored with one of your finishes the other night at footy". He'll backtrack from it though, he only ever gives me credit when there's no-one around.

Then there's this from Ben, one of the most honest, trustworthy people you'll ever meet.

IMG_2248.PNG

IMG_2249.PNG

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dave u said:

You were also drunk 90% of the time between 09/12 so let's not forget that. Plus you were a defender, so do doubt on the receiving end of plenty of them. It's probably PTSD, you might need to get some help for that. John G will be happy to refresh your memory, he's like Rainman and has got a vivid recollection of every goal I scored. He created half of them.

@Folle can clear this up if he's a big enough man. One of the first things he said to me when we met on the day of the CL final back in May was "I scored with one of your finishes the other night at footy". He'll backtrack from it though, he only ever gives me credit when there's no-one around.

Then there's this from Ben, one of the most honest, trustworthy people you'll ever meet.

IMG_2248.PNG

IMG_2249.PNG

Ben saying this does change things a little for me though. A man who can grow such impressive hair's opinion is always going to count more in my mind than the views of some of the less follicly endowed people criticising Dave's prowess. 

Ben saying it makes me think I may have just forgotten all the trademark Usher finishes. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Ben saying this does change things a little for me though. A man who can grow such impressive hair's opinion is always going to count more in my mind than the views of some of the less follicly endowed people criticising Dave's prowess. 

Ben saying it makes me think I may have just forgotten all the trademark Usher finishes. 

You just weren't there for a lot of them, I don't hold it against you although it is a little hurtful that you won't take my word for it, especially given the above reference to hair growing ability.

Ben doesn't lie though, we agree on that.

JohnnyH on the other hand...

3 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I didn’t really comment much on him as I’ve just never seen it happening. Now that there’s a bit more meat on that bone though, I don’t want him.

Have never watched him and thought he’s anything other than just alright.

Dave or Mason Mount? 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Remmie said:

The pigs are long retired, in fact my wife who I have been with for nearly 10 years only just found out about BOIP. 

Pretty sure they're like Ric Flair. They're bound to be strutting their stuff and walkin' that aisle again at some point.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic