You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

4 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Is this system fair?

The Guardian: this is the truth

Someone else:. No it's not, here's the evidence

Fact-checker: The Guardian is correct every single time

Can anyone see the inherent flaw with this VAR replay system? 

Denying the facts, doesn’t change the truth, or something equally pithy someone much smarter than me once said.

1 hour ago, Pureblood said:

Hey, I don't care what you think or whether you like JFK Jr or not.  You've pitched your flag in mainstream + factchecker corner and who am I to doubt you, good luck. 

I've pitched my flag in a reality where claims need to be substantiated by facts and reason. You've chosen to be stupid.

25 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Is this system fair?

The Guardian: this is the truth

Someone else:. No it's not, here's the evidence

Fact-checker: The Guardian is correct every single time

Can anyone see the inherent flaw with this VAR replay system? 

I can see the flaw: that's not what happens. Ever.

You're a quacking moron.

I like the sound of this company and want more of their medicines.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/22/1088075045/pfizer-blood-pressure-recall-carcinogen

Pfizer launches a recall of blood pressure drugs due to a potential carcinogen

Pfizer Inc. is recalling a blood pressure drug because of elevated levels of a potential cancer-causing impurity.

Six month old babies to be used as human shields to "protect" adult population

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10643553/Moderna-says-COVID-19-vaccine-safe-children-young-six-months-old.html

Moderna says its COVID-19 vaccine safe for children as young as six months old after 'successfully' completing clinical trial

John Stockton:

"I now have a list of hundreds of athletes around the world that are vaccinated that have dropped dead on the field,” said Stockton.

In a strange twist for someone who has spent the time compiling such a list he doesn't actually produce a list.

That would surely be helpful.

• Upvote 2

WALLER, Texas -- A skydiving instructor was killed after his parachute failed to open during a tandem jump in the Houston area, but his student survived the ordeal, authorities said. Both were airlifted to a Houston hospital after the jump Saturday in Waller, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) northwest of Houston

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

WALLER, Texas -- A skydiving instructor was killed after his parachute failed to open during a tandem jump in the Houston area, but his student survived the ordeal, authorities said. Both were airlifted to a Houston hospital after the jump Saturday in Waller, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) northwest of Houston

My youngest has skydived a couple of times, as has my wife, so we get stuff sent to us - check this fella

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

My youngest has skydived a couple of times, as has my wife, so we get stuff sent to us - check this fella

Wow, superb that. It's dangerous colliding mid air at that speed, fellas got some balls. 

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

John Stockton:

"I now have a list of hundreds of athletes around the world that are vaccinated that have dropped dead on the field,” said Stockton.

In a strange twist for someone who has spent the time compiling such a list he doesn't actually produce a list.

That would surely be helpful.

528465_1.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Hit a pigeon once, managed to break 2 ribs and have its bird shaped impression on my chest. Was very cool.

Ouch. Although if you were a bit better you could have had a shit on it mid-air. Really freak it out. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pureblood said:

Six month old babies to be used as human shields to "protect" adult population

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10643553/Moderna-says-COVID-19-vaccine-safe-children-young-six-months-old.html

Moderna says its COVID-19 vaccine safe for children as young as six months old after 'successfully' completing clinical trial

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1507023167281278980?s=21

• Upvote 1