You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf thread / my new project

dave u

On 20/08/2021 at 11:22, dave u said:

Rahm tied for the lead. £4 win at 10/1.

I've also got Cam Smith (obviously). Only a quid on him at 35/1.

No golf tomorrow due to severe weather warnings. If they can't finish it on Monday it's a playoff between my two guys. Cam shot 60 today. He's fucking boss, I love him.

So anyway, I'm off outside to do a rain dance and hope they can't finish. 

I loved his drive. That 18th wasn't going to produce a birdie and it was up again next, it would have went on all night so he said fuck it I'm going for a pint. He was reaching for the next ball before the first one even landed.

59 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Hearing it was Finau's first win for five years , good of him to hang on until he could cost me money.

That was how I felt too. Been calling him Fony Tinau all year and laughing at him so this was payback I guess.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, dave u said:

That was how I felt too. Been calling him Fony Tinau all year and laughing at him so this was payback I guess.

I know it doesn't make any rational sense , but the second Leno somehow tipped Lukaku's header on to the bar and cost me £25 , I knew that the betting gods had it in for me and there was no way Rahm or Smith were winning that tournament.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

I know it doesn't make any rational sense , but the second Leno somehow tipped Lukaku's header on to the bar and cost me £25 , I knew that the betting gods had it in for me and there was no way Rahm or Smith were winning that tournament.

So you jinxed me then with your bad luck. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Joe was giving it the Billy big bollocks earlier, he’d broken 80 for the first time and was made up. He’d got pissed up and was phoning all of us talking us through his round. 

I honestly didn’t enjoy pointing out the course he played was a Par 70 so breaking 80 didn’t mean shit as he was playing pitch and putt. 

17 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Joe was giving it the Billy big bollocks earlier, he’d broken 80 for the first time and was made up. He’d got pissed up and was phoning all of us talking us through his round. 

I honestly didn’t enjoy pointing out the course he played was a Par 70 so breaking 80 didn’t mean shit as he was playing pitch and putt. 

Less than 10 under par is pretty good anyway.

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Give us your outside tip for this week please @dave u

Tom Hoge. Tied 4th last week. He's 250/1 so I stuck a quid each way on him.

Rahm is probably going to win but at 6/1 I wasn't touching that. I like Morikawa this week at 22/1 and I've also done Burns 45/1, Finau 20/1 and Cam (of course) at 20/1.

Got Cam for the 1st round lead too as he's gonna go out and shoot 62 after what happened in the playoff last week.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Tom Hoge. Tied 4th last week. He's 250/1 so I stuck a quid each way on him.

Rahm is probably going to win but at 6/1 I wasn't touching that. I like Morikawa this week at 22/1 and I've also done Burns 45/1, Finau 20/1 and Cam (of course) at 20/1.

Got Cam for the 1st round lead too as he's gonna go out and shoot 62 after what happened in the playoff last week.

Cheers Dave. Good news , I won 30 odd quid on the League Cup games tonight so the hex may be broken.

• Upvote 2