You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The other preemptive, peaceful option would be to just give Putin maybe 3 or 4% of every country around him.

He has nukes FFS, think of the children.

Just give him farms and tractors, that seems to make him happy.

28 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Oh I think they did. Their were a lot of comparisons to Nazi Germany and world war 2. All proved to be hysterical clap trap of course.

Unsurprisingly you’ve managed to miss the point, indeed the points, once again. 

No one thought they would try to invade the NATO countries. They did think they’d try to expand if emboldened by a quick victory in Ukraine.  You’ve been an apologist for them right from the start. 

The Nazi comparisons come from their behaviour towards the Ukrainians. Although it’s just Russian behaviour. 

I still think there is very little to be gained for Russia from using small tactical nukes. This is not going to win them the war, if they go nuclear, Ukraine would expect the whole world to turn against Russia and help them end all this. A few tactical nukes would probably be fired at Ukrainian army bases away from the frontlines which would not get them the decisive advantage.

What high values targets are there for the nukes that  they are not already hitting or trying to hit with conventional missiles? Or would they fire dozens or hundreds of nukes? Putin is not mad, he just miscalculated because he made a number of risky moves in the past and all came good, which probably made him too confident he would pull it off again.  

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Their were a lot of comparisons to Nazi Germany and world war 2. All proved to be hysterical clap trap of course.

Which ones?

To expand:

1: Made demands to another country he knew would not be met so he could invade it. (Danzig corridor)

2: Apologists like yourself out in force to excuse him (Mosely et al)

3: Blame put on others (Versailles, British and French colonialsim, the jews - Post cold war agreements, Nato expanison, Ukrainian Nazis).

4; Annexing territory (Sudentenland/the 4 regions plus Crimea) and then taking the rest (Czech Republic/Ukraine).

I could go on. So I am curious, which comparisons are hysterical clap trap?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bridge down and rail bridge blocked and damaged, and heavy bombardment of train depot on only other main rail link east/west fro Kherson in last 24 hours.

that’s thousands of troops isolated without supply links as winter sets in and road travel becomes more difficult.

thats a huge move.

9 hours ago, M_B said:

He hasn't because he got his arse handed to him by Ukraine and the West.

He hasn't because he may not have intended to. Russia have had trouble of sorts with Ukraine since 2014. Compared to all the countries America/Britain have interfered with over the past two decades they're choirboys. 

And as for the question in your other post, plenty of people commented if we don't stop Russia/Putin they'll roll across Europe.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He hasn't because he may not have intended to. Russia have had trouble of sorts with Ukraine since 2014. Compared to all the countries America interfered with their choirboys. 

And as for the question in your other post, plenty of people commented if we don't stop Russia/Putin they'll roll across Europe.

Putin apologist strikes again.  

The last weeks situation in Ukraine in facts. 

The American president has warned a nuclear war cannot be a contained war and will lead to Armageddon. Which incidentally is exactly the same as what the previous president said. Probably the only thing they both agree on. 

Ukrainian President  Zelenskyy said Nato should consider a preemptive nuclear strike against Russia.. ( although thankfully he has since said his comments were taken the wrong way)

Here in Britain we're being warned of winter blackouts in part because of sanctions over Ukraine. 

Further afield in Brazil 200 million people are on the verge of electing a president who has continually pushe d for peace talks to halt the war. That's an awful lot of Putin apologists. 

On the subject of Putin apologists one of thd worlds richest men has joined the Putin apologist list (however rich he is he's still behind the Pope at the very top of the list) by calling for peace talks to end the war. 

Luckily if you read the daily mail you'll know these Putin apologists are few and far between and the whole world is still united in throwing more logs on the Ukrainian bonfire. The whole world is indeed united if you ignore  Africa, S, America, China, and large parts of India and Asia. But who gives a fuck what they think? 

Here's Brazil, 

https://www.telesurenglish.net/amp/news/Lula-and-Bolsonaro-on-Ukraine-and-Sanctions-Against-Russia-20220930-0015.html

Obviously destroying that bridge is the start of retaking Crimea and further cutting Russian supply routes. 

The Russians really have fucked themselves in this,war by overestimating their own forces who make the 2003 Iraq Army look like a competent force. 

9 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You’ve been a Putin apologist for years. Salisbury anyone?  I mean they only tried to kill a spy and ‘one innocent’ got in the way. 

Have I?  Salisbury? I thought Corbyn's handling of Salisbury was wrong and stupid. You're throwing silly slurs now. As I've said above the world contains an awful lot of your 'Putin apologists' maybe just maybe its possible they'd rather dial down the rhetoric that could lead to a nuclear war?

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Have I?  Salisbury? I thought Corbyn's handling of Salisbury was wrong and stupid. You're throwing silly slurs now. As I've said above the world contains an awful lot of your 'Putin apologists' maybe just maybe its possible they'd rather dial down the rhetoric that could lead to a nuclear war?

You do realise there’s a search function right?  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

He hasn't because he may not have intended to. Russia have had trouble of sorts with Ukraine since 2014. Compared to all the countries America/Britain have interfered with over the past two decades they're choirboys. 

You should really spend 30 minutes to read up on post 1990 history of Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Syria etc.