You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rhys Williams

Lee909

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

The only options are that the current Champions of the Premier League keep playing a 19 year old that might be ready for League One within a year or two or they spend £3.7 billion and bankrupt the club. 

Tough call. You can see why we're flummoxed. 

The club don't want to get taken to the cleaners and in fairness, you can see how they are worried about being taken to the cleaners by clubs and agents.

The thing is most of the clubs we would buy from are up shit creek because of covid. Offer decent money and not piss off the Lille's, Sportings or PSVs of this world and they will most likely accept. We will need four top or potentially top centre halves for next season so it's an investment for the future.

I will say that I think we could be negotiating with clubs right now but the deal will be done in the final days of the window. Neither Jurgen or the owners are stupid. They know winning makes money and in a worst case scenario dropping out of the top 4 could be gigantic for us. Not signing a centre half, puts us at high risk of winnig nothing. Could be wrong, but I still feel we will sign someone. That's my gut feeling anyway.

He'll be awesome in a few years for a grog team. To slow to make it here with the backline we like to play unfortunately. Shame I actually thought he was a bit faster, but should fetch a decent fee in a couple of years time after a couple of loans.

On 10/01/2021 at 13:02, The Guest said:

Phillips is better than him.  I can’t really see why Williams keeps getting in ahead of him.  He’s painfully slow and can’t seem to adjust his game to compensate for it.

I agree. I'd take Phillips every time. Yes,he's slow but he's experienced enough to read the game a bit better and much more physical. Obviously I'd prefer neither but at a choice its always Phillips for me.

• 1 year later...