You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

And at 99% it'll be over soon. If Biden wins that, its over, isn't it?

Trump can still win without Georgia. I think.

Also there is still the military ballot to count in Georgia which you would think would be in Trumps favour, but you never know.

I'll give CNN its due, despite the fact that 90% of its female anchors look like they wouldn't think twice about unloading bullets into you if you didn't put the toilet seat down, you would go to town on pretty much all of them 

171026193731-cupp-unfiltered.jpg

S. E Cupp is her name apparently. Or Bra Size. Who cares 

10 minutes ago, M_B said:

Also there is still the military ballot to count in Georgia which you would think would be in Trumps favour, but you never know.

It Biden wins Georgia it takes him to 269 votes, you need 270 to win outright, hence if Trump wins all the others he will get 269 as well.

In the United States, a contingent election is the procedure used to elect the President or Vice President in the event that no candidate for one or both of these offices wins an absolute majority of votes in the Electoral College. A presidential contingent election is decided by a vote of the United States House of Representatives, while a vice-presidential contingent election is decided by a vote of the United States Senate. During a contingent election, each state's House delegation casts one en bloc vote to determine the president, rather than a vote from each representative. Senators, on the other hand, cast votes individually for vice president.

The Dems run the House of Rep, hence would vote for Biden. So once Biden gets to 269 he will be become president. 

16 minutes ago, M_B said:

Ah, yes keep forgetting arizona and nevada, as they've ben blue but pretty much frozen for days.

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

It Biden wins Georgia it takes him to 269 votes, you need 270 to win outright, hence if Trump wins all the others he will get 269 as well.

In the United States, a contingent election is the procedure used to elect the President or Vice President in the event that no candidate for one or both of these offices wins an absolute majority of votes in the Electoral College. A presidential contingent election is decided by a vote of the United States House of Representatives, while a vice-presidential contingent election is decided by a vote of the United States Senate. During a contingent election, each state's House delegation casts one en bloc vote to determine the president, rather than a vote from each representative. Senators, on the other hand, cast votes individually for vice president.

The Dems run the House of Rep, hence would vote for Biden. So once Biden gets to 269 he will be become president. 

Excellent news

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Yeah you're right.

My maths isn't working though. I make it that Trump can only get 268. Where am I missing the one from?

Pennsylvania - 20

North Carolina - 15

Arizona - 11

Nevada - 6

Alaska - 3

Makes 55.

And CNN says he has 213 at the moment.

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

Yeah you're right.

My maths isn't working though. I make it that Trump can only get 268. Where am I missing the one from?

Pennsylvania - 20

North Carolina - 15

Arizona - 11

Nevada - 6

Alaska - 3

Makes 55.

And CNN says he has 213 at the moment.

Maine, no idea how or why but they split their electoral collage votes, from 4 in total Biden has been given 3 and everyone else (apart from CNN) have given Trump the other 1, so Trump is on 214.

Maine · President
99% reporting · The Associated Press has called this race · Maine uses ranked-choice voting. Vote counts indicate first-choice votes · 4 electoral votes · Mixed allocation · Learn more
Candidates Electoral votes Vote % Vote count

52.9%

44.2%

1.7%

1%

0.2%

Also having their say today was German foreign minister Heiko Maas, who has said in an interview “The US is more than a one-man show. Those who continue to add fuel to the fire in the current situation are acting irresponsibly.”

He also said that “Good losers are more important for the working of democracy than great winners”.

Sounds like he’s maybe not that fussed about still being on Donald Trump’s Christmas card list.

10 minutes ago, Brownie said:

We don’t know how many there are and whether they have been counted yet.

Was over 5k in the last election and CNN said yesterday they hadnt been.

Edit: Although I may have misunderstood that. Any ballots received today have to be included, so maybe they were referring to that.

So all the Trump supporters are now saying Fox news is shite and not to be trusted (which I agree with), it just confirms they don't care about anything apart from agreeing with their totally ignorant point of view. 

“Fox, you can’t even trust them,” said Rob Phail, 51, from South Lyon, Michigan, who had been leading the “stop the count” chants. “They’re the worst chameleons of all. So you’re like, OK, who do you trust?”

Asked whom he would trust to confirm the actual results of the election, he said: “Trump.”

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Was over 5k in the last election and CNN said yesterday they hadnt been.

Edit: Although I may have misunderstood that. Any ballots received today have to be included, so maybe they were referring to that.

I’ve had a look around and there’s nothing definitive on it.

If no military ballots have been counted then Trump might still win. The military votes are mailed in though so we don’t know if they have already been included in the numbers so far.

Time will tell.