You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

15 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Gnasher's view is as mired in the past as all the Brexiteers who believe that England still has an empire and can rule the waves. All equally delusional claptrap that falls apart as soon as it meets the reality of now.

The empire was long gone when Labour produced the 1983 manifesto posted above. We were facing economic decline and three million plus unemployment. 

The implementation of that manifesto could have saved Britain from decades of inequality and destitution. Our assets sold for a song. Our Nth Sea Oil wasted. 

Amongst other issues the country had a hard choice in 1983, a choice that would define this country's future. Stay in the EU with the Conservatives under Thatcher or leave under Michael Foots Labour.

History shows we chose disastrously. It couldn't have went any worse.

Just now, Gnasher said:

The empire was long gone when Labour produced the 1983 manifesto posted above. We were facing economic decline and three million plus unemployment. 

The implementation of that manifesto could have saved Britain from decades of inequality and destitution. Our assets sold for a song. Our Nth Sea Oil wasted. 

Amongst other issues the country had a hard choice. Stay in the EU with the Conservatives under Thatcher or leave under Michael Foots Labour.

History tells us we chose disastrously. 

It's not 1983. We weren't in the EU in 1983. You seem to not understand that with the constant references to what Foot, Benn and Atlee might have done 

9 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It's not 1983. We weren't in the EU in 1983. You seem to not understand that with the constant references to what Foot, Benn and Atlee might have done 

We joined the EUs predecessor in 1973. I can assure you I'm aware its no longer 1983.

The Jam man's been out "spreading' his unique brand of trouble again yesterday in Islington.

If Corbyns forced to run as an independent there I'd say that seat will prove to be er 'intresting' in weeks of the general election campaign. Stormsy blasting everywhere. 

20230130_112834.jpg

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I'm glad, we wouldn't want people finding out the Tories hate Muslims. It'd be an instant vote winner for them. 

think I mentioned in another thread.

the Home secretary dreams about sending migrants back,I think sunak has done a speech today with the slogan "stop the boats"behind him,yet its labour who are saddled with the racist tag.

its borderline surreal.

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

think I mentioned in another thread.

the Home secretary dreams about sending migrants back,I think sunak has done a speech today with the slogan "stop the boats"behind him,yet its labour who are saddled with the racist tag.

its borderline surreal.

What can I say, mate; they know their audience. 

5 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Fair play fo Corbyn, but it's a bit fucking late to start arguing your corner. He should have told them all to fuck off from the start.

Yep was thinking that myself

He showed a bit of fire there

Someone tweeter he knows he is guilty because of how vehemently he denied it.

Genius 

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Calling for a ceasefire and a Russian withdrawal to prevent thousands of deaths.

What a bastard! 

Is he still not fan of arming the Ukrainians?   Hard to have a ceasefire when you’ve been invaded and a Russian is sitting in Kyiv.  

On 03/02/2023 at 21:04, Arniepie said:

Christ, what an insufferable fucking cunt that interviewer is.

Why is the cunt butting in every five seconds like a 15 year old whose middle class parents have allowed them to join their dinner party, and why is he waving his hands around like he's auditioning for a play?

6 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, naïve from Corbyn, but the sentiment is there. It hardly makes him a bad guy. Just somebody not fit to control these sorts of things. 

'sigh' the usual say something nice then engage in a bit of Corb tarnishing.  "not fit" is a phrase straight out of the Murdoch playbook.

https://johnmenadue.com/how-reagan-and-us-agencies-made-murdoch-a-king/?s=09

Corbyns veiws regarding Ukraine does in no way make him "not fit to control foreign policy. It simply means he holds a differing veiw. You may believe he's wrong but thats really does mean he'd be 'unfit. 

The world does not only consist of America and western europe. Only recently Germany held concerns over sending tanks to Ukraine. An awful lot of African and Asian countries are also cautious plus he largest country in S. America, Brazil, with a population of 220 million has just elected a leader who holds similar veiws to Corbyn regarding Ukraine.

Is the Brazilian president Lula "not fit? Or should the Brazilians be forced to elect an extreme right winger who sold off large parts of the Amazon? The Brazilians foreign policy may be wrong but it doesn't make them any more 'unfit than us or any other country.

Thats probably one for the Ukraine thread. Here's the former leader of the party giving his veiws on the present leader.

If what Corbyn says is correct and people within the party were working against the election of a Labour government it's they who should be kicked out of the party.