You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Rachel Riley has done loads to tackle antisemitism. 

I mean, who could forget that time she went after those notorious antisemites at the…er…Durham Miners’ Association brass band…

Whilst defending/turning a blind eye to jokes about the Holocaust. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/rachel-riley-furious-twitter-row-18325462

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

To be fair, I haven't criticised her getting it. I've no idea what she does, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't know about it. To say I don't care about any of this is an understatement. Make her Queen if you want. Couldn't give a fuck. I'm just saying, if you're calling people out for racism and misogyny without yourself knowing whether or not she actually did anything, then the problem in the argument is probably you. 

"I've no idea what she does"

'If it wasn't for this thread wouldn't know about it"

"To say I don't care would be an understatement"

"Couldn't give a fuck"

"I'm just saying'" 

I would find Riley's opposition to fake news far more exemplary if she had complained at her speeches being covered by the Jewish Chronicle who basically have a season ticket at Ipso, and have  probably paid out more damages for lying than all of those groups annual turnover put together. 

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s that then.  Well done everyone involved. 

You still couldn't name a single thing she'd done though, despite saying it was"well deserved".

Also, now we've seen what she's done, it validates the claim that thousands have done more; the difference is that most of them didn't offset it by smearing an anti-racist and helping a genuine racist into Downing Street.

18 hours ago, Arniepie said:

its quite ironic really as numero and jts are probally the biggest critics of corbyn on here.

I'm not a big critic of Corbyn at all. He has his flaws, as all politicians do, some of them fatal in his case, but he's one of the good guys in my book. And, as I've said countless times on here, I supported him as leader, and would do so again.

If anything, I'm more a critic of the zealots that think his shit don't stink, and attack anyone that does, like @Gnasher

14 hours ago, Strontium said:

I am sure this is not an exhaustive list of her campaigning activities, just what I found after 2 minutes with Google.

Facebook pulls 'Nazi-level hate' group after Rachel Riley complaint | Jewish News

A “Nazi-level hate” group was removed by Facebook after it was reported over alleged racism by Countdown star Rachel Riley.

The social media site axed Truthers Against Zionist Lobbies, which had 8,700 members, after finding it had posted caricatured images of Jewish people with evil expressions and hooked noses and links to Nazi-revisionist websites, including one bearing the title, “Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told”.

Riley delivered a dossier on the group to Facebook’s London HQ on November 28, alongside Imran Ahmed, chief executive of the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), who Riley asked to prepare the research.

The Community Security Trust (CST), a charity which protects British Jews from anti-Semitism, first reported this group to Facebook in 2017 and raised the group again with Facebook this week.

Riley had been highlighting images from the group on Twitter daily since her meeting last week, asking Facebook to remove the group.

A Facebook company spokesman confirmed this news and said: “Following a thorough investigation, we have removed this group from Facebook.”

On the news that the group has been removed, Riley announced she has already contacted Facebook and sent a briefing on a second group.

YouTube deletes conspiracy theorist David Icke's account | Jewish News

YouTube have deleted conspiracy theorist David Icke’s account.

The video-sharing site said the 68-year-old violated its policies on sharing information about coronavirus.
The former footballer has made controversial unproven claims about the virus on several internet platforms, including one that it is linked to the 5G mobile network.

The video service, owned by Google, told the BBC: “YouTube has clear policies prohibiting any content that disputes the existence and transmission of Covid-19 as described by the WHO and the NHS.

“Due to continued violation of these policies we have terminated David Icke’s YouTube channel.”

This comes after Countdown star Rachel Riley, the Community Security Trust and the MP Damian Collins were among public figures throwing their weight behind an open letter urging social media companies to “deplatform” the conspiracy theorist.

Katie Hopkins' account locked after an anti-hate group met with Twitter (inews.co.uk)

Katie Hopkins’ Twitter account has been locked after the Centre for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH) met with the social media firm about Hopkins’ “ability to use the platform to spread hate”.

The recently created Centre, which has been backed by Gary Lineker, Rachel Riley and London mayor Sadiq Khan, met with Twitter representatives on Wednesday to discuss excluding “hate actors from public discourse”.

It’s believed Hopkins’ account has been temporarily locked after violating the company’s hateful conduct policy.

Ms Riley, who has been the target of online abuse, accompanied CCDH chief executive to meet with Twitter.

The pair advocated for Twitter to work in cooperation with CCDH on a new initiative to make it easier for users to share blocklists and to reinstate the ability to import and export lists of blocked Twitter users.

How a group of friends are fighting fake news - with a hand from Rachel Riley | Jewish News

A small group of friends backed by countdown star Rachel Riley is targeting hyper partisan websites by hitting their revenue.

The campaign, called Stop Funding Fake News, combats news websites such as The Rebel Media, Westmonster, The Canary, Politicalite and Evolve Politics, through their advertisers.

“Fake news bears much responsibility for the growth in illiberalism, woman-hate, Jew-hate, Muslim-hate, trans-hate and political sectarianism in Britain,” activists told Jewish News.

Stop Funding Fake News claim they have seen some successes with brands such as Sky, eBay, the World Wildlife Federation, Which?, Experian and Cancer McMillan Care.

Riley, who promoted the group’s numerous appeals on her timeline and contacted brands herself, described it as a “campaign aimed at making it less profitable to spread hate, racism, misogyny, antisemitism, Islamophobia and their bedmates.”

Riley: I thought the horror of the Shoah would mean no more antisemitism - The Jewish Chronicle (thejc.com)

Read Rachel Riley's powerful speech to the Holocaust Education Trust reception in Westminster

Hang on a goddam minute. Reporting a few social media accounts and signing an open letter amounts to an MBEs worth of good work to highlight Antisemitism? And looking at those reports, it seems that only one account/organisation was targeted specially for its Antisemitic views. The others were more of the general hate or conspiracy theory variety. Indeed, Katie Hopkins is a self-proclaimed Zionist. Rather thin gruel, to quote the cunt for Somerset North-East. No wonder Rico couldn't bring himself to stick that lot up when asked for evidence of her work. He'd rather have us believe he had an unquestioning faith in the Honours Committee. Did she a speech though. To the Holocaust Education Trust reception. At Westminster. And much highlighting of the Holocaust did take place there.

I stand by what I said about there being thousands of people more worthy of honours that never received one.

11 hours ago, Gnasher said:

And probably the same poster. 

I'll pretend I never heard that, @dennis tooth

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I'm not a big critic of Corbyn at all. He has his flaws, as all politicians do, some of them fatal in his case, but he's one of the good guys in my book. And, as I've said countless times on here, I supported him as leader, and would do so again.

If anything, I'm more a critic of the zealots that think his shit don't stink, and attack anyone that does, like @Gnasher

Hang on a goddam minute. Reporting a few social media accounts and signing an open letter amounts to an MBEs worth of good work to highlight Antisemitism? And looking at those reports, it seems that only one account/organisation was targeted specially for its Antisemitic views. The others were more of the general hate or conspiracy theory variety. Indeed, Katie Hopkins is a self-proclaimed Zionist. Rather thin gruel, to quote the cunt for Somerset North-East. No wonder Rico couldn't bring himself to stick that lot up when asked for evidence of her work. He'd rather have us believe he had an unquestioning faith in the Honours Committee. Did she a speech though. To the Holocaust Education Trust reception. At Westminster. And much highlighting of the Holocaust did take place there.

I stand by what I said about there being thousands of people more worthy of honours that never received one.

No, that’s what SD found within a couple of minutes.  We don’t know what went to the committee. Jesus fucking Christ.  

Oh and you said thousands had done more on AS and Holocaust awareness.  But couldn’t name 50.  Or show they’d been nominated.  

It’s like moaning you didn’t get a job you didn’t apply for.   

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

No, that’s what SD found within a couple of minutes.  We don’t know what went to the committee. Jesus fucking Christ.  

Yeah, we'll just have to assume that she's done loads of positive stuff that she keeps secret. 

I mean, it's better than nothing, but it's a bit like giving Jedward MBEs for services to cinema on the basis of their cameos in the Sharknado series.

56 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Ha, the avatar almost broke my tiny little racist brain. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah, we'll just have to assume that she's done loads of positive stuff that she keeps secret. 

I mean, it's better than nothing, but it's a bit like giving Jedward MBEs for services to cinema on the basis of their cameos in the Sharknado series.

Entirely as predicted; asked for evidence, provided with evidence, sheepish for a day (despite grudgingly acknowledging it) and now it’s not enough.  What a cunt. 

I think you are treating this like player of the season - it isn’t. A person is nominated and if they meet the criteria and the committee agree they get an award.  There isn’t just one category like the Oscars.  No ‘best Jew award’ or ‘best Muslim’ award.  The categories are much broader.  

AOT has been somehow touted as the paragon of anti racism.  If in the honours he wasn’t nominated but say Gnasher was for services to Wales it doesn’t diminish at AoT has done.  It doesn’t mean Gnasher is better than AoT. 

24 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Entirely as predicted; asked for evidence, provided with evidence, sheepish for a day (despite grudgingly acknowledging it) and now it’s not enough.  What a cunt. 

You've almost admitted that it's not enough with your daft assumption that the Committee must have seen loads of other stuff.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You've almost admitted that it's not enough with your daft assumption that the Committee must have seen loads of other stuff.

What are you talking about? How anyone trusts a word you say is fucking beyond me.  Just dishonest all wrapped up in ‘top lefty’ bollocks.  

20 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I think you are treating this like player of the season - it isn’t. A person is nominated and if they meet the criteria and the committee agree they get an award.  There isn’t just one category like the Oscars.  No ‘best Jew award’ or ‘best Muslim’ award.  The categories are much broader.  

AOT has been somehow touted as the paragon of anti racism.  If in the honours he wasn’t nominated but say Gnasher was for services to Wales it doesn’t diminish at AoT has done.  It doesn’t mean Gnasher is better than AoT. 

To clarify (again) - I have already said that nobody would have any complaints if she got one for services to broadcasting; that's what she does and she does it at least as well as some other recipients. Instead, she got it for something she barely does at all, at least not to any noticeable degree. That's a bit... odd.

1 hour ago, Jack the Sipper said:

apologies

what I meant was you are not the type to defend him over the slightest thing,if that makes sense?

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

To clarify (again) - I have already said that nobody would have any complaints if she got one for services to broadcasting; that's what she does and she does it at least as well as some other recipients. Instead, she got it for something she barely does at all, at least not to any noticeable degree. That's a bit... odd.

Again, just bollocks. If she’d have got one for that then at least Sipper would have been able to name a thousand people who’d done more. I’m pretty sure whatever she’d won it would have been called bullshit because she doesn’t like magic grandad.  

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Again, just bollocks. If she’d have got one for that then at least Sipper would have been able to name a thousand people who’d done more. I’m pretty sure whatever she’d won it would have been called bullshit because she doesn’t like magic grandad.  

OK. You're getting cross about something that never happened, now. And if that's not proof enough that we're all a gang of racists, I don't know what is.