You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hell has frozen over,G'n'R reform

Lee909

Saw the original GnR at Donnington in 88, they filmed the black and white bits of the Paradise City vid that day, and a scaffolding rig collapsed and killed 2 people.

I was at that Donnington too, good line up with Helloween, Megadeth and Iron Maiden also on the bill. G n' R was crazy, we were well back but it was still bedlam. Appetite For Destruction was just catching on as the festival took place, but all metal fans were already well aware of them.

I wouldn't be arsed to watch them now, it's just not the same when the only motivation is the money.

• 7 months later...

playing slane in may 2017. almost 25 years to the day since they last played there and I was there. £22 to see the biggest band in the world. €90 euro to see if they have any of old magic. Very tempted to go.

I'm going to it, was not allowed go in 92 as I was only 8. I do not like Slane as a venue, mind. Be surprised if it sells out Friday.

Yep. Another veteran of Slane. Still have the ticket somewhere. The 5 of us that went in 1992 are all going to go again. Already trying to convince the fella who drove last time (and watched the other 4 of us get shitfaced) to drive again. It's not going well...

Love Appetite For Destruction but Use Your Illusion and subsequent live tours are exactly the opposite of why I liked them.

No doubt they'll play great etc but it won't be the tight, short, aggressive punch in the face - it'll be overlong, bloated & ridiculous.

This is what they played at their last gig:

03efdb6784a6602ae283ba4c635ffa41.jpg

8839d11d8575311d76957094241b06da.jpg

Half that could easily be scrapped. If it was half as bloated, it'd be twice as good.