You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

HENRY WINTER

Dicko

To be fair to Winter, the ad won't have been his idea.

To be unfair to Winter; he still agreed to do it, and for that, he's a fanny.

The media in the UK is becoming more American by the day. The journalists now think they're an integral part of the game and that they actually affect the shape the game takes. This, however, is only true for the England team where their manager lets the press the pick the squad and team. But that's not even good journalists, just whoever shouts the loudest. Every other team couldn't give less of a shite what some tool writes. And of course with the Internet there are now utterly fucking loads of people who think their opinion is important and relevant, when, in fact, 99.9% talk utter shite with made up tactics reviews that are either utter shite, or utterly obvious. But they think they're view in a game is important enough to tweet some we'll know journo asking him to retweet. Knobs everywhere.

• Upvote 7

I saw a billboard of him outside Man City stadium when I went to see Gladbach on Tuesday. An unreal level of smugness, but at least he knows what he's talking about. Some of the creatures on Sunday supplement are useless

He doesn't know anything.

He is an utter dickhead.

• Upvote 5

It wasn't meant to be an anti islam comment.

It was a point about Winter's lets just say "patriotism."

And his peddling of two mediocre managers at Liverpool who he wanted to use as an audition for the england job.

This is illustrative.

That is extremely cuntish even by their very own low standards. Using a death of a parent to fucking score points. Stupid cunt.

Winter is a parody of himself, snidely writing what he did about someone dealing with the death of a loved one deserves a burst mouth whoever the people involved are, it's the purest shithouse cunt behaviour and renders anything he may say again redundant in my book, and said advert for a nobody's move between two rags says it all about the self-important bloated pig which is the football industry, particularly in this country.

* Inserts Clint Eastwood shuddering gif *

• Upvote 2

I quite like the idea of him being behind a paywall so I'm never tempted to read his stuff

And for Dicko, why can't you be a patriotic British Muslim?

I'm not saying you can't.

My point was that Henry Winter comes across with a very traditional pro British mentality.

Liverpool, whose Champions League ambitions were badly damaged by Hodgson on Sunday, could do worse than asking the Englishman to succeed Benítez and promoting Carragher to the management staff when the defender decides his playing days are over. Carragher could learn so much from Hodgson.

Another fabulous insight.

I still don't understand the Muslim reference alongside patriotism? Are you saying British Muslims aren't patriotic? Just dont understand that part and why it was even mentioned. Care to elaborate further,as it sounds like the remark of another little Englander?

I'm anything but. I was heading along the lines of alf garnett's daughter bringing home a black man as her boyfriend. But failing obviously. It was a facetious joke similar to a father being embarrassed by his gay son because he is anti gay. And while Winter isn't racist if I had to pick a journalist to moan why so many foreigners are taking players & managers jobs over here it would be him. The reference to his brother was that a family member had taken on a religion so obviously foreign that it caused irony.

No offence was meant.

British muslim's may or may not be patriotic, as a white man who is as unpatriotic as can be I see no reason to judge them or anybody else on lack of patriotism.

I know the words of the welsh national anthem in welsh and all the verses of flower of scotland, I couldn't tell you anything other than the first two lines of god save the queen.

Full disclosure, I am an atheist so I have little time for any religion if that adds any context.

• Upvote 1