You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you keep Rodgers at the end of the season?

Boss

Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodgers stay in those circumstances?

• Yes- It's clear to see he's on the right path and just needs more time.
    • Yes- It was the transfer commitee that fucked us.
    • Yes- As long as that fake scouser and FSG's yesmen fuck off instead
    • No- He jibbed his wife off so he doesn't practise what he preaches
    • No- He's had enough time and his signings haven't been good enough
    • No- I'm fed up of seeing 5 at the back and Adam Lallana Cruyff turns.
    • Other - Ie stop being a negative cunt....

"If they don't fit the system" which he changes about 10 times a season anyway, so what system are they even bought for?

He has a very disposable attitude to players but he's not managing in the 3rd division making 15 loan signings a season. He's spunking hundreds of millions of pounds on players, throwing them under the bus, misusing them and killing their value, which only hurts the club. With his approach maybe one a season will come off (Coutinho, Sturridge, Can) and the rest is just a ton of wastage.

Buying Lallana because he sees an English player with good technique so wastes £25m on a generally player we didn't need anyway.£20m on Lovren because Carragher and Neville bigged him up on MNF. He shouldn't be anywhere near transfer decisions but the committee have not covered themselves in glory either. The buck stops with the clueless idiots in Boston.

Sack Rodgers, bring in who?

I just want a better manager than BR

That will be a start

A better manager will sign better players and improve the existing ones 

Liverpool isn't a training ground for new managers. They should be at the top of their game when they come here. 

Not too much to ask for, i don't think

I just want a better manager than BR

That will be a start

A better manager will sign better players and improve the existing ones 

Liverpool isn't a training ground for new managers. They should be at the top of their game when they come here. 

Not too much to ask for, i don't think

Who would you like to see come in, matty?

Wouldn't mind someone who can motivate his team to perform in an FA Cup Semi-final against a very, very poor side who are historically the epitome of weak.

Everything else is just window dressing.

Not just the one game either, United and Arsenal recently saw just the same.

• Upvote 1

Our team needs one thing more than anything else and that is some balls - we really are a team full of weak individuals mentally and in many cases physically too, game after game teams win the physical battles against us.

Mentally we are very weak and we don't have any snide bastards in the team something that winning teams need. We are too fucking nice and that niceness manifests itself into the kind of half arsed shite served up yesterday where our players seemed half a yard slower, weaker, less committed, less passionate and less motivated than Aston Villa - who were alright but not particularly good on the day.

Where is the steel in the team, the leaders when it's tough, the men that drag the team on, where is the devilment that sparks teams? There isn't any we never seem to have the stomach for a fight and yesterday we saw a team look passionless in a fucking semi final.

As for Rodgers somebody yesterday quoted something (not sure where it came from but I agree) 'rodgers is a good coach, but not a good manager' and I think there is a lot of sense in that - he seems to be able to work with players technically, but his decision making during games (what the fuck was he doing yesterday tactically and his substitutions...) is often very poor, his eye for spotting a player is debatable and it seems that he struggles to get our players motivated and up for the big games - yesterday and the mancs at home recently were as big a games as we could be in right now and we were passive and meek in both really. Is that because we have a team of Shithouses or a manager who can't get them up for it, or a bit of both...

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't mind someone who can motivate his team to perform in an FA Cup Semi-final against a very, very poor side who are historically the epitome of weak.

Everything else is just window dressing.

Not just the one game either, United and Arsenal recently saw just the same.

Because cup games are notoriously predictable and always go to form.

Well that was even more inept than I thought it would be.

A complete clusterfuck that truly highlighted all Rodgers short-comings as a manager.

Glad to see people are starting to wake up and question the utter nonsense that Rodgers is a progressive coach.

It makes whoever utters it, look like a complete berk.

Does anyone know what he was trying to do yesterday.

It was like someone won a competition prize to be manager of Liverpool in a cup semi-final.

Then after the match he has the cheek to imply the players froze or the occasion was too big.

Cowardly by Rodgers, all those players in the dressing room will know the manager froze and the occasion was to big for him.

Were the players weak, yes but the manager sets the tone.  

Timmy Tactics 2 Rodgeball 1 will be a defining moment in Rodgers career.

• Upvote 2

Bottom line is, will Rodgers win us the league? He had the best chance he's ever going to get and he didn't do it.

I don't see him winning us the league unfortunately and that's where we should judge the manager. If he can't do it then move him on.

Dont forget our abysmal showing in Europe.

Is it worth him even trying for top 4 when he clearly can't handle Wednesday and Saturday.

In amongst all the other sticks to beat him with, his european campaign was atrocious.

Out faster than shit through a goose. In both comps.

Paisley?

Fagans?

Dalglish?

Evans?

Different times. The club was a well oiled machine and those men were part of the fabric of the club and knew it inside out. They'd been a big part of the successful Liverpool teams and were able to carry it on. It was basic evolution needed at that time.

It was probably different under Evans because he took over a mess himself from Souness and while he did well initially, he didn't have what it takes to turn Liverpool into winners again (causing us to waste a few years while United swept up on and off the pitch) and we had to look to Houllier to change the whole fabric of the club. We're basically back in the late 90s again now and need someone who isn't wet behind the ears to shake the club up again.

• Upvote 2

So a cup game and two of our biggest rivals. How does last season fit into your theory?

Ah I see, so it's acceptable not to turn up, so long as it's in cup games and those against our biggest rivals?

Who knew?

In which other games are there no obligations on us to bother competing, just for future reference?

• Upvote 3

I wish people would be a little more honest and just admit that now Klopp is available they are sitting themselves at the chance of getting him and see him as some Guardiola/Mourinho hybrid who can sweep everyone before him instead 9 making up these bullshit excuses for why we have to sack a manager who finished 2nd last season.

And while we're at it let's dispose of this Liverpool way best fans in the world bullshit we like to peddle.

It'd be a damn site more fucking palatable to see a bit of honesty.

Well, considering we finished 2nd last season and then had a massive transfer kitty, I'd have thought higher than 5th or 6th.

£40m (was it even that much) isn't really that big a kitty in the scheme of things.

I think 5th is about right for us. Going forward - unless things change off the pitch - it's going to be 5th, occasionally 4th when things go our way - and the odd cup. That's what I believe to be the reality.

Ah I see, so it's acceptable not to turn up, so long as it's in cup games and those against our biggest rivals?

Who knew?

In which other games are there no obligation on us to bother competing, just for future reference?

I'm just trying to establish the sample size for you bullshit theory.

So a cup game and two of our biggest rivals. How does last season fit into your theory?

Effectively, our season hinged on those three games and we didn't turn up for a single one.

In the right context, battling defeats in the league games would have been acceptable. What we saw was just depressing, and yesterday was ten times worse.

Bottom line is, will Rodgers win us the league? He had the best chance he's ever going to get and he didn't do it.

I don't see him winning us the league unfortunately and that's where we should judge the manager. If he can't do it then move him on.

No manager will win us the league. The gulf is just too big. We had a chance last year - when everything fell into place - and we pulled up just short. I don't see us finishing second again for a good while. Whoever is in charge.