You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Hull

mouse1989

Balotelli Balotelli Balotelli Balotelli Balotelli

The real problem is Gerrard. We are playing 5 at the back in effect and to absolutley no benefit. Last season within 2 passes, we were springing into attack, this season those 2 passes are now going from Lovren/Skrtel to Gerrard and back. The momentum disappears and the opposition get men behind the ball.

We have become Steven Gerrard FC. Why does he have to start every game? Why doesn't he tell the manager to take him off after 65 minutes? Why are we reliant on a 34 year old after we have spent a shit load of money? Do we have to wait until he inveitably gets injured before we try something different?

The whole idea of accomodating a player just because of who he is, is complete bollocks. Paisley wouldn't have done it and neither would Shankly.

Bring him on for 25 minutes in an attacking role Brendan and stop the madness.

him and coutinho were our best players today. thats why he plays every game. he was dragging the rest of them kicking and screaming up thr field to try and win the game.

• Upvote 1

him and coutinho were our best players today. thats why he plays every game. he was dragging the rest of them kicking and screaming up thr field to try and win the game.

He plays every game because the manager is shit scared to not play him.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see this team next week.

Mignolet

Manquillo

Skrtel

Lovren

Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson

Coutinho

Sterling

Lambert

Balotelli

One person that did impress me today was Can. If he carries on like that, he'll have a big future here. He looked strong and made some great run forward with the ball plus put a few excellent balls in to the box. I just think he'll need to be eased in gradually. He's still only 20 and has plenty of time on his side.

I'd like to see this team next week.

Mignolet

Manquillo

Skrtel

Lovren

Moreno

Gerrard

Henderson

Coutinho

Sterling

Lambert

Balotelli

One person that did impress me today was Can. If he carries on like that, he'll have a big future he. He looked strong and made some great run forward with the ball plus put a few excellent balls in to the box. I just think he'll need to be eased in gradually. He's still only 20 and has plenty of time on his side.

far too attacking. I love it.

It's not one game Paco. It's every game. You're seeing him as he used to be, not as he is now. Do you think he should play 90mins? Do you think he should be first name on the sheet?

if he can play every game. his 2nd half today tells me he still has the legs and desire to win us games.

I don't think Rodgers is 'accommodating' Gerrard, he knows there's nobody else in the squad who can pick a pass like he can or has anywhere near the leadership skills and confidence. The lack of confidence/arrogance in this squad is one of its most obvious flaws and a big part of what we're missing post Suarez.

Big sides and big players will still be wary of what Gerrard can pull out of his hat during a game, unfortunately, that probably doesn't apply to a single one of our other players, except possibly Sturridge when fit.

• Upvote 2

I don't think Rodgers is 'accommodating' Gerrard, he knows there's nobody else in the squad who can pick a pass like he can or has anywhere near the leadership skills and confidence. The lack of confidence/arrogance in this squad is one of its most obvious flaws and a big part of what we're missing post Suarez.

Big sides and big players will still be wary of what Gerrard can pull out of his hat during a game, unfortunately, that probably doesn't apply to a single one of our other players, except possibly Sturridge when fit.

That is spot on. If Gerrard had a bit more class in front of him, he'd have a lot off assists to his name. We need Sturridge back so badly.

You've been calling for a proper holding midfielder yourself, surely that is more important than our deepest midfielder being able to hit a few 60 yard passes every game?

Not sure we're seeing a great deal of the other stuff you mention, especially from where he is playing.

• Upvote 1

Pointing out that Gerrard is the problem is easy, giving a solution to it is different though, a DM should have been bought in the summer, top priority. Claiming that dropping Gerrard will magically cure our ills is bollocks, who comes in...Lucas?? Yea right.

He should be playing higher up the park and its a delight on the odd occasion he has got forward because he often creates something.

The blame for the way we are playing and defending falls squarely on Brendan I'm affraid

Don't make me laugh. I love Stevie and he's a great player but he only knows how to lead by example.

Unfortunately he isn't able to set a great example very often nowadays.

• Upvote 1