You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The official soul-searching 'where did it all go wrong?' thread

Pureblood

They didn't do us proud in the run-up. Quite the opposite. Once teams have worked out how to deal with that mad running around for 20 minutes ploy, they need to figure out what to do other than completely lose all composure and play like idiots.

Anyone neg this twerp? We fucking won 11 on the trot just to get into a position to challenge. One loss was always going to do for us and if you can moan after beating City, Manu, Arsenal, Spurs and the Bitters in that run you can fuck right off. What a twat.

• Upvote 2

The Palace result meant fuck all if anything it proved that the only way to catch City was goal difference .....as has been said earlier it's been an incredible achievement since new year to only lose one game and get that many points....

And to score 101 goals fuck me that is some going ok we conceded 50 but I guess that's the price you have to pay to push a squad like City's all the way.

• Upvote 1

Anyone neg this twerp? We fucking won 11 on the trot just to get into a position to challenge. One loss was always going to do for us and if you can moan after beating City, Manu, Arsenal, Spurs and the Bitters in that run you can fuck right off. What a twat.

Asking someone to neg someone else? What are you - twelve, you silly little twat. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1978-79?

What has that got to do with it. That is probably the greatest side this country has ever produced and was full of league and European Cup winners....bit unfair to compare them to this side that had just finished 7th the season before.

What has that got to do with it. That is probably the greatest side this country has ever produced and was full of league and European Cup winners....bit unfair to compare them to this side that had just finished 7th the season before.

I just wondered what season he was off to celebrate, you thick whopper.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Whopper? Yeah I'm in pieces....

Although it's an improvement on some of the shite your spouting on here....

Lost one game since New Year and to a team that has won European trophies these last two seasons and yet we threw it away.....yeah ok....

101 goals, 26 wins, twatted teams for fun.

End up 2 pts off top after being 7th last year.

Progress and lots of it.

Europe back.

Add to what we have with real quality, the players and boss will learn from the experience of this year.

We are set for a bright future.

• Upvote 3

It did not 'all go wrong'. 

We conceded too many goals and, ultimately, we drew with Villa, WBA, Palace and lost to Hull. 

We obviously need to improve parts of our game and build up the team and the squad, but, when it all settles down, we've had a superb season and have improved beyond all recognition. 

Next season will be a lot harder with lots more expectations but that's for tomorrow. 

I know exactly when it all went to hell. At my workplace, the friday before the Chelsea-game. The people in charge of this years annual "summer party" were doing some kind of ´promo´ for the party. The theme of the party was going to be "into the blue" so they had decorated the canteen with blue balloons and performed a self-composed song based on the melody form "Blue moon"! I am still furious, they jinxed the league there and then. I´m quitting this month.  

• Upvote 1

It did not 'all go wrong'. 

I know there's a lot to praise about the team and the great run we had.  I am proud of Rodgers and the players.  But the season was not flawless.  There is still a lot of improving for this team to do (which I find an exciting and comforting thought).  

Hopefully this season wasn't the peak.  If we lose Suarez we'll have to find another genius to replicate his input, if possible.  Hopefully it won't be an issue because if Suarez stays, we cut out the crappy defensive errors and bolster the squad with Champions League money this team can go a long way.  

Anyway, cricket is better. 

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt.

Everton fans especially, I'm looking at you.  

You fight to the end, except we didn't. And this was in a season when we were supposed to be fresh and without 'distractions'. God help us next season.

4th youngest squad in the league. How many of those players have we been able to rely on? 14? 15? Going up against the richest team in the world. Whilst we have been recovering from the H&G era City have been spending their lottery winnings on some of the best players around and fair fucks to them, they've made it work. We pushed them all the way yet here you are venting because you can't grasp perspective.

I hate to say it. But that slip from Gerrard killed us off.

It's nearly as if the whole team thought "oh fuck, our luck had run out" when Gerrard slipped.

I'm not blaming Gerrard in any way, shit happens, but unfortunately that knocked us for 6.

its true but also losing henderson for 3 games proved very costly also.

just on the slip as well. I d noticed in a game previous to the chelsea one that our players were slipping a lot suarez in particular but also gerrard slipped in the build up to sturridges goal against fulham and we were heralding how great he was.

It seemed to me we were all just slipping a lot more this season.

its true but also losing henderson for 3 games proved very costly also.

Oh definitely, I know Gerrard has had a fantastic season. But in my opinion Henderson has been as effective, if not more at times. I think he's been excellent this season. That was a huge blow for us.

But all in all it was an amazing season. More than I ever expected that's for sure.

I can pinpoint the exact moment where it all went wrong....my mid game showers. Exhibit A - during the Arsenal game at Anfield, i went upstairs for a shower at the start of the game, only to return 20 minutes later to a resounding 4-0 scoreline. The next mid game shower was Fulham away, i was so furious at 2-1 seeing Richardson celebrating, i decided to take a shower to drown my sorrows, emerging to find we'd won 3-2.

My stubbornness in refusing to shower during the second half of the Chelsea game at Anfield, was the straw that broke the camels back in terms of our title aspirations... it was the last quivering hand losing grip in a titanic tug of war, and for that i accept my proportion of the blame.

Ive decided to spend the full 90 minutes of every game next season fully submerged underwater with only a snorkel used as breathing apparatus to ensure this doesn't happen again. This will allow us to sail to number 19 and our 6th european cup in bombastic fashion, you can thank me later.