You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Still struggling to agree a fee with Llama, fuck him off and get Milner who isn't as fancy but gives us legs in midfield and is just as versatile.

No thanks. 

I reckon yaya Toure fancies a bit of the Rodgers revolution. He's heard how ace we are from his big bro and wants to join him at the biggest club in the country.

His agent even mentioned us by name when he kicked off about all this birthday nonsense. 'Yaya would be appreciated at a proper club like Liverpool, City just don't care about him'... Or something along those lines anyway.

Probably cost us 40 million but worth every penny.

My heart says 'yes', my head says 'no'.

Would love to see him here, as he's brilliant and a centre midfield of Gerrard, Henderson and Toure would be immense.

But spending most of our transfer budget on him, plus £200k a week, for a 31 year old.  Does not make sense financially.  Especially when we need to improve a few positions this summer.

My heart says 'yes', my head says 'no'.

Would love to see him here, as he's brilliant and a centre midfield of Gerrard, Henderson and Toure would be immense.

But spending most of our transfer budget on him, plus £200k a week, for a 31 year old.  Does not make sense financially.  Especially when we need to improve a few positions this summer.

Toure and Suarez in the league wins wars let alone titles. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

O can see what LFD says, but the bottom line for me is if we were to get him, we would probably be the best side in the league. Too notch player. Financial sense? Nah. Win the league? We'd be up there.

Still, won't happen in a million years. No point in wasting time debating it really.

See the mancs are after Konopukranianguy, and are attempting to "hijack" another of our transfers.

They'd better get a move on - they only have till 10.30pm on August 31st to steal a march on us, before we swoop in.

See the mancs are after Konopukranianguy, and are attempting to "hijack" another of our transfers.

They'd better get a move on - they only have till 10.30pm on August 31st to steal a march on us, before we swoop in.

I just read this on the Metro:

"Konoplyanka was clearly keen on a move to Liverpool back in January, and their involvement in the Champions League next season will only heighten the attraction.

However, the lure of starring in a Manchester United team under Van Gaal may prove too much to resist for the Ukraine international"

What exactly may "prove too much" about it?

• Upvote 1

I just read this on the Metro:

"Konoplyanka was clearly keen on a move to Liverpool back in January, and their involvement in the Champions League next season will only heighten the attraction.

However, the lure of starring in a Manchester United team under Van Gaal may prove too much to resist for the Ukraine international"

What exactly may "prove too much" about it?

They're the biggest club in the world don't ya know. It must be true because they keep telling everyone.

Manchester City great / Liverpool great

He knows it makes sense.

A few months ago on twitter Rodney marsh was saying yaya wanted to leave and yaya came on rubbishing it, I got a reply in literally a minute after he posted it saying how he was wasted at city and he should come lfc with his brother.

I wont take all the credit for disrupting him but I should take most of it.

• Downvote 1

For years Ferguson bought top talent off teams in this league and brought success.

Keane, Cole, Cantona, Ferdinand, Rooney, van Persie, Van der Saar.

His knowledge was well swimming in whisky with Young, Jones and Smalling but they all cant be winners.

In the past we bought Dowing and Adam, I fear the Saints lad may be the same.

Buy Toure and we will be showing off silverware next May.

Toure, Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge must share close to 100 PL goals last season.

Toure and Suarez in the league wins wars let alone titles. 

O can see what LFD says, but the bottom line for me is if we were to get him, we would probably be the best side in the league. Too notch player. Financial sense? Nah. Win the league? We'd be up there.

Still, won't happen in a million years. No point in wasting time debating it really.

I can't disagree with either of you as I secretly want it to happen.

A few months ago on twitter Rodney marsh was saying yaya wanted to leave and yaya came on rubbishing it, I got a reply in literally a minute after he posted it saying how he was wasted at city and he should come lfc with his brother.

I wont take all the credit for disrupting him but I should take most of it.

The world will be confused when he says Jermaine Pennant inspired him to come to Liverpool, but at least we'll know what he meant.