You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The latest episode of Westworld is probably the best so far, any one which has Thandie Newton naked for most of it deserves a good rating.

Not sure why the engineers wouldn't just dumb down her character rather than give into her demands though. Bit silly that bit.

About the only thing I'm enjoying about westworld is thandie newton's naked body! I'll stick it out to the end, but I just don't find the show interesting at all.

Got a few episodes of 11.22.63 left. I'm liking it a lot. James Franco is James Franco (I wasn't expecting him to do much in the way of acting) but it's an entertaining show.

I'd give it an 8/10. The first episode was really good, there was a few meh ones in there, but on the whole it was just entertaining TV. The bird is very tasty in it. Got those eyes and smile you just can't help but love. 

I'd give it an 8/10. The first episode was really good, there was a few meh ones in there, but on the whole it was just entertaining TV. The bird is very tasty in it. Got those eyes and smile you just can't help but love.

Not 8/10 for me.

Entertaining? Yes. Watchable? Yes,largely because of the subject matter and the stunningly fit bird.Well acted? Not really as Franco is terrible but the supporting cast do a decent job, except for Oswald who is as bad as Franco. Probably a 7/10 at best.

• Upvote 1

Not 8/10 for me.

Entertaining? Yes. Watchable? Yes,largely because of the subject matter and the stunningly fit bird.Well acted? Not really as Franco is terrible but the supporting cast do a decent job, except for Oswald who is as bad as Franco. Probably a 7/10 at best.

Agree with all that, except I thought the Oswald guy was good.

Horace & Pete's  8/10 - Luis C.K.'s heavy drama.

I began enjoying it somewhere from the middle on, until then wasn't sure if it is actually pretentious self-indulgent bullshit  masquerading  as serious groundbreaking television. I persevered because I am a big fan of C.K.'s and now I am not sorry. Many will probably be put off by the minimalism and the fact that you are supposed to immediately love it and give it 10/10 to prove how hip you are, but once you get used to theatrical setting and 15-minute monologues, it becomes seriously good. It's like watching a recording of a Eugene O'Neill theatrical production or something.

I didn't do any reading up on it to avoid spoilers, but it looks like it began as a play and than expanded to a 10 episode experimental mini-series. It does not work every time but it has moments of genuine brilliance, tragedy and some great characters and dialogue.

I wouldn't recommend it though to people with short attention spans as it requires patience and a bit of effort, but if you go for that sort of thing as described, I think you will be rewarded.

Cast is spectacular, Buscemi, Louis C.K, Alda, Lange, Mrs. Soprano etc etc.

Just started season 4 of Rectify,seen two episodes and its more of the same. You will either really like it or hate it as its all about characters and their interaction and how it effects those around them. Its acting and writing are superb but its very slow paced and not for those who like action, car chases,explosions etc.

I like it personally but just wonder if the whole project has gone on for a season or 2 longer than necessary. I will continue to watch it intently though.

Just started season 4 of Rectify,seen two episodes and its more of the same. You will either really like it or hate it as its all about characters and their interaction and how it effects those around them. Its acting and writing are superb but its very slow paced and not for those who like action, car chases,explosions etc.

I like it personally but just wonder if the whole project has gone on for a season or 2 longer than necessary. I will continue to watch it intently though.

I expected nothing less, will wait until the S4 is complete to return to it.

Personally  I don't mind that it's slow paced, best TV frequently is, my problem with Rectify was mainly that it meandered from the beginning and wasn't completely sure what it was and the creator(s) (priest from Deadwood) doesn't fully get TV storytelling or wants to much to be original ( I felt the episodes written by the creator were the worst). It begins very well and then bang, second or third episode is dedicated to each character's sexuality, rather than furthering the story, this is something you do after everything has been established and exhausted. Also, this slow-moving drama is always tittering on the verge of being self-indulgent and pretentious and slipping into parody of itself, this is why writing has to be top notch all the time, which I don't think it always was. It's really not that easy to pull off.

Slow is often good, I began Halt and Catch Fire which looks promising three episodes in but it has been too fast, almost hysterical, makes me want to shout OK OK do the characters now, I'm already hooked on the story, show me more who these people are. 

60 Days on Discovery. Documentary on US prison, a

group of 'normal' people go undercover in a prison to gather info on drugs, corrupt officers etc. Fucking loonballs. One guy, a teacher thinks it's going to be easy. He'll last 5 mins. Within a min of him being on the wing an inmate says he's going to fuck his tight ass.

The first series made it clear that his son was dead but that he couldn't move on and accept it. It also was a comment on how we sometimes never get closure like we would like. When it ended it said that it would be back but that only one character would be coming back.

I'm not sure how you're finding series 2 confusing, Champ. It's quite clear what time frame we're in and all the pieces slowly lock together, especially after the last episode (not sure if you've seen that so I won't reveal anything). The Missing is one of those shows where I don't use the phone or laptop and just watch the episode, otherwise I'd be completely lost. I think it's a great show, I'd love another series and, the last I read, Tcheky Karyo was happy to do more and that's fine by me because he's brilliant.

Guest Pistonbroke

60 Days on Discovery. Documentary on US prison, a

group of 'normal' people go undercover in a prison to gather info on drugs, corrupt officers etc. Fucking loonballs. One guy, a teacher thinks it's going to be easy. He'll last 5 mins. Within a min of him being on the wing an inmate says he's going to fuck his tight ass.

I also watched that. Do you think it is genuine, or like myself think it's just taking a new concept to gain a TV audience? It all seemed a bit fake to me. Could be a mixture of both, for example, their backs are being watched by certain inmates. We'll probably get to see them being hit or stuff in future episodes to gain some sort of credibility that it is genuine, but some people will do anything for money.

The wife of the Marine who is taking part was worth watching it for though, she is stunningly beautiful.  

Guest Pistonbroke

The wife of the marine gets banged up in season 2. She's not so good without the make-up.

Err, thanks for that. By banged up you mean in the second series they swap partners for the undercover role? 

I actually watched it on Ch 4, thought it was a new series, I din't realise it was into a second series. 

What is your take on it?

Plus you have shattered my dirty thoughts on that marine's wife. Only saw her a few times and she looked hot. 

Horace & Pete's 8/10 - Luis C.K.'s heavy drama.

I began enjoying it somewhere from the middle on, until then wasn't sure if it is actually pretentious self-indulgent bullshit masquerading as serious groundbreaking television. I persevered because I am a big fan of C.K.'s and now I am not sorry. Many will probably be put off by the minimalism and the fact that you are supposed to immediately love it and give it 10/10 to prove how hip you are, but once you get used to theatrical setting and 15-minute monologues, it becomes seriously good. It's like watching a recording of a Eugene O'Neill theatrical production or something.

I didn't do any reading up on it to avoid spoilers, but it looks like it began as a play and than expanded to a 10 episode experimental mini-series. It does not work every time but it has moments of genuine brilliance, tragedy and some great characters and dialogue.

I wouldn't recommend it though to people with short attention spans as it requires patience and a bit of effort, but if you go for that sort of thing as described, I think you will be rewarded.

Cast is spectacular, Buscemi, Louis C.K, Alda, Lange, Mrs. Soprano etc etc.

Did you pay for it through his website or is there a different way to watch it now? I thought a five dollars per episode was a bit steep.