You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mr bates versus the post office

The similarities to what the Hillsborough families went through was stark.

Thought it brilliantly hammered home the point how weighed the judicial system is in this country to the establishment/organisations with money.

8/10

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Stouffer said:

I watched a bit of that Kin and thought it was cack.

Whispery, everyone looks the same, and cack.

WHAT! Tough audience.

Thought it was brilliant, like a lot of things, slow burner but ended superbly. Just getting ready to watch series 2 on the dodgy box.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Mr bates versus the post office

The similarities to what the Hillsborough families went through was stark.

Thought it brilliantly hammered home the point how weighed the judicial system is in this country to the establishment/organisations with money.

8/10

Fiddle with kids? Naughty boy.

Fiddle with the establishment? Off with their heads.

FUCK THE ESTABLISHMENT!

Run by Cunts for Cunts, including kid fiddlers.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Tbh I thought the script was really ropey, without subtlety or credit shown for the viewers' intelligence, the writers spoke at the viewers as if we were all from Mississippi.

Thought the acting was mostly excellent though, and as a drama doc it was almost as excellent as it was  shocking.

Thought the script was fine myself. Doubt it was intended but it summed up how I viewed sub postmasters who(imo) thought they where better than the rest of us. This may not be a definitive assessment of All subs but a reflection of the cunt who used to run Broadway post office in Nogsy.

It makes you wonder how someone from the establishment didn't say, "so we have a few cases of fraud a year and always have. Now we've got thousands."

24 hrs in police custody 

1 of the best episodes I've seen

Thought that young detective fella was an absolute bellend.

Surely there must have been more to it?

And why did that lad try to smuggle a blade in?

Brilliant 

9/10

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

24 hrs in police custody 

1 of the best episodes I've seen

Thought that young detective fella was an absolute bellend.

Surely there must have been more to it?

And why did that lad try to smuggle a blade in?

Brilliant 

9/10

The two-parter about the stabbings outside the pub? If so, I'm not sure there was more to it just scumbags being scumbags.

Didn't mind that detective, seemed sound to me.

Just now, Elite said:

The two-parter about the stabbings outside the pub? If so, I'm not sure there was more to it just scumbags being scumbags.

Didn't mind that detective, seemed sound to me.

Yep

It was just mad how it escalated that quick. 

That lad was shaking like a leaf when he was getting questioned.

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Yep

It was just mad how it escalated that quick. 

That lad was shaking like a leaf when he was getting questioned.

I would be if I was facing 30+ years!

I'm surprised he got that long to be honest, his car was being attacked and one of the 'victims' had the knife, he just picked it up and used it. The other cunt running one of them over was brutal though.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm surprised he got that long to be honest, his car was being attacked and one of the 'victims' had the knife, he just picked it up and used it. The other cunt running one of them over was brutal though.

The thing is,he chased after all 3 of them,and it was on cctv,so the self defence angle mustn't have washed with the jury.

The bit with the car was horrible. 

3 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

The thing is,he chased after all 3 of them,and it was on cctv,so the self defence angle mustn't have washed with the jury.

The bit with the car was horrible. 

Yeah I suppose.

Great episode though, horrible but riveting.

34 minutes ago, Elite said:

He only said he'd found the knife. He said they attacked his car then he decided to go back and ask them why they did that.  Which seems more likely is that he armed himself and hunted them down.

1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

He only said he'd found the knife. He said they attacked his car then he decided to go back and ask them why they did that.  Which seems more likely is that he armed himself and hunted them down.

It looked like he picked something up on the CCTV once they punched him? The show alluded that it was a knife. 

It wasn't clear they said afterwards or clear if he was holding the knife and he dropped it before picking it up again.

I maybe wrong. I tried to google the sentencing remarks but can't find them. 

I guess even if he picked the knife up the first one was excessive but then to stab two more people. 

Do love that programme though 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, John102 said:

I thought the Detective was a bit David Brent myself. The bit when he mentioned he had done Psychology at A Level was a particular highlight.

He was a tit

And he was trying to make out the fella was a psychopath 

20 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

It wasn't clear they said afterwards or clear if he was holding the knife and he dropped it before picking it up again.

I maybe wrong. I tried to google the sentencing remarks but can't find them. 

I guess even if he picked the knife up the first one was excessive but then to stab two more people. 

Do love that programme though 

If one of them was carrying the knife, it could do have potentially put a different slant on it,but like you say, he went after them.

I still don't get why his mate was trying to smuggle in a knife?

Was he gonna top himself?

Just watched the 2 part pub murder. I think they strung that out. It could have been a single parter.

That young detective is a fucking imbecile. No idea who thought it would be a good idea to put him front and centre and let him chat bollocks.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Just watched the 2 part pub murder. I think they strung that out. It could have been a single parter.

That young detective is a fucking imbecile. No idea who thought it would be a good idea to put him front and centre and let him chat bollocks.

Nah I thought if anything they rushed the end of part 2 after they caught stabby bollocks. Fascinating but harrowing stuff. 

• Like 1

Just been reading this from David chase about the death of good TV. It's really hard to argue with some of the crap around at the moment. My missus watches everything while texting or playing games on her phone and wonders why I can't watch anything with her because everything she watches is utter shite you don't have to watch to know what's going on. Or repeats of the same shite. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2024/jan/14/the-sopranos-creator-david-chase-quality-tv-era-over

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

Echo - 7.5/10. Enjoyed it, but it did seem like a 5 part lead in to Daredevil Reborn. Good to see a Daredevil cameo in episode 1, and Netflix Kingpin very much in evidence here.

Yes, definitely a prequel to the new Daredevil but I thought it was great. I'm a big fan of Graham Greene (Dances with Wolves etc).

Mayas grandmother was also played by Graham Greenes wife from Dances with Wolves, Tantoo Cardinal. Also her father was Hanzee from Fargo season 2.

I thought it was good to see that Marvel collaborated with the Choctaw Nation rather than just impose its own view on the series. I also enjoyed some of their playing with expectations, such as the black and white silent movie bit.

• Upvote 1