You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We're going to have to get a bigger scale. 10/10 just isn't enough for Mr. Inbetween.

Everything about this show is just superlative. The script and the acting are just unbelievable. From brilliant humour to incredibly emotional scenes in the blink of an eye.

I'm just waiting to have a quiet day to myself to watch both series from start to finish.

• Upvote 1

On 31/10/2019 at 11:48, redheart said:

The Deuce ended this week. I loved this series. It was difficult to watch etc but brilliant. The ending was out of place and to some extent undermined the rest of the series. But on the whole top notch tv 8.5/10

That's about right. Watched all 3 back to back. A lot of moaning.

Onto  the The Man in the High Castle S1 and not too impressed after the first three episodes. Poor Mister Pipilo gets it again. 

Will probably take a break between S1 and S2 to watch S2 of Mr. Inbetween, because it sounds appropriate. It will probably be shit with the expectations from all the raving on here.

1 hour ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

We're going to have to get a bigger scale. 10/10 just isn't enough for Mr. Inbetween.

Everything about this show is just superlative. The script and the acting are just unbelievable. From brilliant humour to incredibly emotional scenes in the blink of an eye.

I'm just waiting to have a quiet day to myself to watch both series from start to finish.

I did the whole of the first season and episodes 1-9 on the second season in two sittings. Thats almost 4 and a half hours a pop. It didn't feel like that long at all. I haven't enjoyed anything as much as that since Narcos. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SasaS said:

That's about right. Watched all 3 back to back. A lot of moaning.

Onto  the The Man in the High Castle S1 and not too impressed after the first three episodes. Poor Mister Pipilo gets it again. 

Will probably take a break between S1 and S2 to watch S2 of Mr. Inbetween, because it sounds appropriate. It will probably be shit with the expectations from all the raving on here.

Spoiler alert on the Deuce please.

The War of the Worlds...You would have thought a series about aliens coming from Mars (taken from a classic novel) to take over the planet would be impossible to fuck up but that's just what the BBC have managed to do.

Nice to see the Liverpool locations but that's about it

32 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Sorry. Too late to edit.

Ive tried to ignore it anyway.

I find The Deuce hard going (no pun intended) as very little happens. It was set up with some excellent characters and situations but never really exploited the possibilities much. I realise its loosely based on a series of true events but it has never hit hard enough(again no pun intended.)

22 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ive tried to ignore it anyway.

I find The Deuce hard going (no pun intended) as very little happens. It was set up with some excellent characters and situations but never really exploited the possibilities much. I realise its loosely based on a series of true events but it has never hit hard enough(again no pun intended.)

I wouldn't say very little happens, it's fairly gritty and it doesn't chase plot twists, there is a group of characters who have quite a lot happen to them. Plus the usual Simon's obsession with what goes on in the interaction between the city, its administration and problems and its people. You can say that it's slow compared to the average show, but come on, didn't you like Rectified? Shirly The Deuce is an easier watch. 

Sorry about the spoiler again. I hate them normally, wasn't really thinking.

3 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Blasting through Mr Inbetween today. On season 2 episode 2 now. It's pretty good, except there's no real overriding story arc. I'm enjoying watching it but not entirely sure it's going anywhere. The first season felt like a pilot episode, so maybe S2 will start to build on this some more.

Brave. 

2 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying it, and am gonna power through it all today or tomorrow. I guess I was expecting a mission like punisher or something. It's much more subtle than that, but it is good. Ray is fucking class.

Better.... 

On 18/11/2019 at 23:14, manwiththestick said:

Started watching Guilt on Iplayer, not bad first episode, will watch more. 7/10.

Two Scottish brothers run someone over on the way home from a wedding, they realise they have killed him and they decide to cover it up. What starts off as a seemingly easy get away soon starts to unravel.

I kinda liked the first episode but the title takes on a whole wider meaning in Episode 2.

I always like Mark Bonnar and have warmed to his ‘brother’

3 hours ago, Champ said:

I kinda liked the first episode but the title takes on a whole wider meaning in Episode 2.

I always like Mark Bonnar and have warmed to his ‘brother’

I watched the 3rd episode last night and it gets even madder. I’ve not watched the last one yet. Actually just reading this thread has made me decide to go up to bed now and watch it there. Goodnight!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I watched the 3rd episode last night and it gets even madder. I’ve not watched the last one yet. Actually just reading this thread has made me decide to go up to bed now and watch it there. Goodnight!

Episode 4 for me. Night all

Guest Pistonbroke

Bad Blood

Bit split on this one. The first series is mediocre at best but the second series is far better without reaching any great heights. The acting is hit and miss, some good and some terrible, especially the two twins from the so called Boss of the mafia in Italy. The ending to series 2 was also pretty poor. 

6/10.