You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Calm down you drama queens

redheart

They're not, though(Chelsea and Man City are our rivals for the top four). They will be fighting it out for the title. We'll be fighting for a top four finish with the likes of Everton, Tottenham and Man U.

Good point, well made.

Rodgers is over-performing at the moment. We have not spent enough to crash the top four as a matter of right, we will do so by a combination of the failings of others, luck, and Rodgers getting an awful lot more right than wrong.

For me, Newcastle, Everton, Spurs and Southampton are the teams to watch, not because I expect them to finish top four, but because all are capable of taking points off the top four. The top four will be no procession this year.

Where we have a chance is in the number of goals we are scoring. Not conceding helps you to not lose, scoring helps you to win, and the SAS give us a chance of sneaking a top four berth.

• Upvote 1

They're not, though. They will be fighting it out for the title. We'll be fighting for a top four finish with the likes of Everton, Tottenham and Man U.

Chelsea struggled to get into the top four last season, the season before they finished sixth. Before last nights game they were one point ahead of us with 18 games played. Moriiniho perceived us as a rival and a threat last night and he was right to do so.

I don't think one should read too much into what they did last season under a different manager. Much like with Man U last season, also under a different manager.

IMO Chelsea and Man C will end up in the two top spots. Time will tell if I'm right. It's in the second half of the season where the injuries usually take their toll and your squad strength will show. 

I don't think one should read too much into what they did last season under a different manager. Much like with Man U last season, also under a different manager.

IMO Chelsea and Man C will end up in the two top spots. Time will tell if I'm right. It's in the second half of the season where the injuries usually take their toll and your squad strength will show.

Yeah you're probably right. Man city and Chelsea have by far the strongest squads and will fight out the league. I just hope the Morinihio brand of kick the opposition into submission, 10 men behind the ball, boring play for a draw football away from home dos'nt win it. It'll set British football back 10 years.

Chelsea struggled to get into the top four last season, the season before they finished sixth. Before last nights game they were one point ahead of us with 18 games played. Moriiniho perceived us as a rival and a threat last night and he was right to do so.

Our league position currently make us a rival and a threat.whether we should be able to sustain that is another matter.

The danger is that some of our support may think that with the squad we have, and the money spent, we SHOULD be competing toe to toe with Chelsea and City, and I don't think that is right.It will put pressure on Rodgers which he cannot hope to meet.

It is in everyones interests that we are realistic- but that doesn't stop us hoping and dreaming.

Logic, and the facts say that we are still odds against

I don't really view city and Chelsea as 'rivals for top 4', I view them as rivals with each other for the title, it's the other two positions which are up for grabs - we just need to be beating those sides. Spurs, arse, the mancs are who we need to take points from, and obviously we need to just twat the rest as much as possible.

Given that we finished 7th last season, when I saw the state of our December fixtures I told everyone who'd listen* that I'd be happy if we were still within shouting distance of the top four by New Year's Eve.  Well, here we are and we're within shouting distance of the top.  I am happy.

* The neighbour's cat and some tramp at a bus stop, who may have been asleep, now I come to think about it.

Given that we finished 7th last season, when I saw the state of our December fixtures I told everyone who'd listen* that I'd be happy if we were still within shouting distance of the top four by New Year's Eve.  Well, here we are and we're within shouting distance of the top.  I am happy.

* The neighbour's cat and some tramp at a bus stop, who may have been asleep, now I come to think about it.

Did you at least set the tramp on fire after telling him? It would have been rude not to.

• Upvote 1

Our next 3 games will set the tone for our challenge - Hull, Stoke and Villa.

Come away with 9 (or even 7) points from that we will look good.

Then get some some guys back from inury and a decent signing or two.

Should still sit pretty for a top 4 challenge at the end of January.

From there anything can happen.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's typical short sightedness. Too many swing from one extreme to the other based on Ibe or two results.

I'm as happy with our progress today as I was a week or so ago when we were top. Lots of chances to get right back in there over the coming months.

Thing is when the fixtures came out they were always deemed to be games we would 'probably' lose and everyone accepted that....It's just when the results actually happened and I guess where we were in the league and where we ended up after it and the performance, and the refs I guess people got pissed and went over the top.....Forgetting in the process that these were two of the hardest away fixtures you could get....

Remember Confucius said "if you gonna lose don't play well and maybe people accept it easier".

I think we showed just how competitive we are in our two last games, and under tough conditions, what with the officiating etc.

The squad is taking a battering, and its a bit concerning, but I'm confident we'll regroup from here and be in the mix towards the business end of the season.

It's typical short sightedness. Too many swing from one extreme to the other based on Ibe or two results. I'm as happy with our progress today as I was a week or so ago when we were top. Lots of chances to get right back in there over the coming months.

I'm not so sure, even Eto has now said he shouldve been sent off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-v-liverpool-samuel-etoo-2974594

That would probably of resulted in us taking three points from Stamford bridge. It would've given all our players a massive physiological boost going into the second half of the season, as well as three points.

We should have beat city and chelsea barely done us when our squad was ravished with injury.

Six points are gone we move on, I just hope we are stronger mentally under rodgers now and can move on from these results.

I would have bit your hand off for the position we are now especsially with the fixture list we had, we are in a great position we just need to maintain our form.

We should have beat city and chelsea barely done us when our squad was ravished with injury.

Six points are gone we move on, I just hope we are stronger mentally under rodgers now and can move on from these results.

I would have bit your hand off for the position we are now especsially with the fixture list we had, we are in a great position we just need to maintain our form.

"We move on"

Aye, we move on till the next two bit rent a gob manager has an easy pop at the club, we move on till robbed again by some dubious ref fucks us over, we move on to see the media whoop and laugh in delight because they all know the clubs to spineless to defend itself.

It's typical short sightedness. Too many swing from one extreme to the other based on Ibe or two results.

I'm as happy with our progress today as I was a week or so ago when we were top. Lots of chances to get right back in there over the coming months.

Is Autocorrect dropping subliminal hints about team selection now?

• Upvote 1