You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No. The other fella plays in the cup games.

He is better than Pepe and I can see Benitez shitting on us and not buying Pepe and neither will Barca. He is on high wages and can see us letting him go for free to get his wages off the books.

He will end up at somebody like City as reserve keeper on mega money.

I find the whole thing very sad. Pepe was loyal to the club for many years, one of the finest keepers in Europe for at least 5 years, and had the opportunity to play for arguably the biggest club in world football which also meant taking his family back home to Spain.

The comment he made   “I told the manager that I wanted to play for Liverpool and that Barcelona would only become an option for me if the opportunity arrived, like the rumours said it would, as it would be a chance for me to go back home. When it didn’t come I was happy to fight for my place so I was surprised that Liverpool decided it was in the club´s interests to send me to Napoli instead.”

“It is only natural that I would be disappointed that the Liverpool management agreed to loan me to Napoli without telling me first, I thought that I deserved better than that even though I understand that difficult decisions have to be taken in football.”

He is right too, he did deserve better after staying at the club after the Hicks/ Gillette situation and speaking out against them, when a lot of our players then, some from this city as well, kept their mouths shut, said everything about the character of the Man.

I just find the whole situation unnecessary, for someone who did care about the club, there have been plenty of players here who probably did deserve snide comments when they leave.

Pepe is certainly not one of them.

Well said mate.

He is better than Pepe and I can see Benitez shitting on us and not buying Pepe and neither will Barca. He is on high wages and can see us letting him go for free to get his wages off the books.

He will end up at somebody like City as reserve keeper on mega money.

Not for me.

He'll end up at Atletico.

And, so, who gives a fuck?

What is the point on turning on individuals, usually off the back of all sorts of spun bullshit in the press?

I've not turned on Reina, I think no more, no less of him than I ever did. He is a very capable goalkeeper who was superb for us for four seasons or so. However, I don't buy the loyalty business. He is a professional footballer who looks after number one, and so he should. I appreciate and enjoy watching talented footballers play for us, but I don't put them on a pedestal.

• Upvote 3

Who are they signing?

ter Stegen for Barca as Jairzinho said, nothing official yet but its said to be all but done

Napoli signed a keeper from Catania I think in January and loaned him back for the rest of the season, not to mention Rafael their other current keeper is also highly rated

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Top guy Reina. Will always have a lot of time for him. Not sure he would have made that save that Mig did yesterday though.

Not this decade he wouldn't have. Maybe last.

• Upvote 1

I find the whole thing very sad. Pepe was loyal to the club for many years, one of the finest keepers in Europe for at least 5 years, and had the opportunity to play for arguably the biggest club in world football which also meant taking his family back home to Spain.

The comment he made   “I told the manager that I wanted to play for Liverpool and that Barcelona would only become an option for me if the opportunity arrived, like the rumours said it would, as it would be a chance for me to go back home. When it didn’t come I was happy to fight for my place so I was surprised that Liverpool decided it was in the club´s interests to send me to Napoli instead.”

“It is only natural that I would be disappointed that the Liverpool management agreed to loan me to Napoli without telling me first, I thought that I deserved better than that even though I understand that difficult decisions have to be taken in football.”

He is right too, he did deserve better after staying at the club after the Hicks/ Gillette situation and speaking out against them, when a lot of our players then, some from this city as well, kept their mouths shut, said everything about the character of the Man.

I just find the whole situation unnecessary, for someone who did care about the club, there have been plenty of players here who probably did deserve snide comments when they leave.

Pepe is certainly not one of them.

Rodgers was certainly out of order referring to the 'best manager' line. That just showed his own insecurity - and he's doing well enough now to rise above such supposed slights. I'm sure there were a few Swansea players who would say he was a better manager than Martinez. Is that a reason for Martinez to hold a grudge? Certainly not to show it publicly.   

• Upvote 1

Rodgers was certainly out of order referring to the 'best manager' line. That just showed his own insecurity - and he's doing well enough now to rise above such supposed slights. I'm sure there were a few Swansea players who would say he was a better manager than Martinez. Is that a reason for Martinez to hold a grudge? Certainly not to show it publicly. 

What are you referring to here?

What are you referring to here?

"He penned a great big letter saying he was going to work with the best manager that he'd worked with (Rafa Benitez) and thanked him for his time for Liverpool. So, for me, it probably sounded like he'd made his decision there."

"He penned a great big letter saying he was going to work with the best manager that he'd worked with (Rafa Benitez) and thanked him for his time for Liverpool. So, for me, it probably sounded like he'd made his decision there."

Did Rodgers say that? What is the context? It doesn't make sense.

Have you come round to Rodgers, macca? You were pretty scathing about him in the early days!

He probably shouldn't have said anything but these blokes are all egotists and his ego clearly took one there.

Yeah, I still think it was wrong to let him learn 'on the job' as manager of a club of this size, and I think it was wrong to do that (letting him dictate the set up as well) and then not give him more of a  clout in the transfer market, but, here and now, I  think he's doing a superb job and deserves massive credit for this season.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, I still think it was wrong to let him learn 'on the job' as manager of a club of this size, and I think it was wrong to do that (letting him dictate the set up as well) and then not give him more of a  clout in the transfer market, but, here and now, I  think he's doing a superb job and deserves massive credit for this season.

Not really Rodgers' fault, that. But, yeah, he deserves massive credit.

Did I say it WAS his fault???

I thought you inferred it, really, in you coming round to Rodgers after being extremely sceptical.

But if you didn't; apologies. Maybe it wasn't even you who was calling him a snake oil salesman and the like. I can't be bothered to check

• Upvote 1

Reina's letter was cringe worthy (just my personal opinion, don't freak out Reina lovers). He could have just called Rafa and said it to him face to face, and if he wanted to say goodbye to the supporters he could have/ should have waited until he actually moved. Or, you know, stay and play for the team that pays his enormous wages. All this publicly saying how much he rates Rafa was just a petty public diss towards Rodgers. I don't see how that was helping LFC at all actually. I can understand why Rodgers got pissed off. 

• Upvote 6