You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

I think xerxes is trying to imply his current contract has a lower buyout clause than if he signed a new one, i.e .the not better "for him, why sign?" comment.

I'm not sure why he's implying this, if indeed he is, with all that's transpired recently.

Lets assume that Suarez wants indeed to go; having a smaller buy-out clause means that there is a bigger chance of him going.

Xerxes is implying that there is no incentive for him to sign if this is the case.

To be fair though, the original clause was not a buy-out clause; just a condition to inform the player of any bids that exceeded 40 million.

This time around it seems that if the players goes, he goes for big money which is beneficial for the club, but not for someone that is looking for a way out.

Lets assume that Suarez wants indeed to go; having a smaller buy-out clause means that there is a bigger chance of him going.

Xerxes is implying that there is no incentive for him to sign if this is the case.

To be fair though, the original clause was not a buy-out clause; just a condition to inform the player of any bids that exceeded 40 million.

This time around it seems that if the players goes, he goes for big money which is beneficial for the club, but not for someone that is looking for a way out.

Assuming he currently has no buyout clause, which seems to have been proven in recent weeks, then adding a £60m clause is beneficial to the club and the player.

Assuming he currently has no buyout clause, which seems to have been proven in recent weeks, then adding a £60m clause is beneficial to the club and the player.

You could be right since the price that has been quoted was around the 55 million mark.

But the point is that seemingly Real have not come in yet with a big mega offer. Going on by the last transfer bid made by Arsenal, you would think Suarez would be reluctant to sign a contract with a buy out clause over 45 million as not a lot of suitors have come knocking.

You could be right since the price that has been quoted was around the 55 million mark.

But the point is that seemingly Real have not come in yet with a big mega offer. Going on by the last transfer bid made by Arsenal, you would think Suarez would be reluctant to sign a contract with a buy out clause over 45 million as not a lot of suitors have come knocking.

Not at all as he had the ban on him still. That would put the vast majority of teams from buying him. Will be a different story come January or at the end of the season.

Not at all as he had the ban on him still. That would put the vast majority of teams from buying him. Will be a different story come January or at the end of the season.

Perhaps, but if he under-performs between now and January or May, then he is a little less attractive at 60 or even 50 million.

The point is that any buyout clause is better for the player than none at all. He currently has none at all, or so it seems, so I can see Suarez accepting a 'fair' clause, ie abroad and for a fair price. If he stays it'd be the best, most realistic, compromise for both parties.

I fully expect Madrid to come in with a bid for Suarez. The question we need answering is whether the club have the balls to tell them to fuck off. Henry and Rodgers were very strong in their words on there not being enough time to replace him, so we will see if that is true or whether we are being spun a load of shite.

If he's sold, it'll be linked to a player coming in and it'll be spun that we found the replacement so shifted on an unhappy player.

I can see him going, us aiming for Sakho and Lamella but ending up paying full price for Arda and Ilori, then scrabbling to see who else is available to avoid ending a window with a minus net spend.

So the reason Luis has been all smiles in those training pictures is because Real have come back with a decent bid?

They wont bid until we have played the mancs. That way 4 of his games will have been sat out. They were never going to pay his wages for 2 months when they couldn't play him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They wont bid until we have played the mancs. That way 4 of his games will have been sat out. They were never going to pay his wages for 2 months when they couldn't play him.

His ban is with the English FA, though? He was banned in Holland when he came here, wasn't he?

I cant see real paying anything like what we'd want for him, Real to spend £200m in the current spanish climate? Im sceptical. The Bale one was demanded by their fans, Suraez not so, unless Benzema goes and I dont think he is willing to leave, certainly not for Arsenal. I think it more likely Chelsea make a late move, another Torres nightmare scenario, if we could only get Mata in part ex, he'd never come here though, even with trying to get into the Spanish team as an international, he'd be better placed auditioning in the CL you'd have thought.

No.

It's going to be highly amusing and predictable how quickly you will post after the manc game on Sunday.

Two wins to start the season and you have had fuck all positive to say about either of them you whinging fucking cunt. I've got no doubt if we get anything other than a win you will be on here within the hour bemoaning how shit the manager is and blaming anything and everything you can link to him, on him.

It's going to be highly amusing and predictable how quickly you will post after the manc game on Sunday.

Two wins to start the season and you have had fuck all positive to say about either of them you whinging fucking cunt. I've got no doubt if we get anything other than a win you will be on here within the hour bemoaning how shit the manager is and blaming anything and everything you can link to him, on him.

Code should come with a public warning...

I'll probably post something late on Monday, not everyone sit at home in their armchair when there is a game.